Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

dove

Serious question - is there any way that this signing could be considered alongside De Jong, rather than as an alternative? If so, would the Cafe prefer him alongside De Jong, or one of Fred / McTominay?
There is a way but we are talking about United here. We are more likely to pair him with Huddlestone than De Jong.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If you can show me a game where he's played as terribly as Fred played yesteday, I'll concede the argument
Fred was being asked to play a role he patently cannot perform. Put Kante or Busquets as a trequartista or #10 and they’d be just as exposed. That yesterday is on Ten Hag.

R'hllor

Rabiot’s mother, Veronique, has acted as his agent since 2007 and has also been involved in a number of controversial incidents, such as waiting for Laurent Blanc in a car park to inform him that she would not accept her son being dropped from the squad.
Cant wait, this gonna be hella fun, where is our amazon show.

Rolaholic

This is only a decent signing if we somehow get De Jong over the line too. On it's own I can't get behind it. Juve fans don't seem too fussed to see him go.
PSG fans weren't fussed either, more relieved really...

GL21

Never seen a second of him play and I'm ashamed to admit this but I want him. Despite my above statement he is absolutely better than what we have so I'd love this deal to go through....in addition to frenkie of course

Waynne

I'd take anyone over Scott. Hell, I'd stick the tea lady in midfield.
Sick to death of McFred midfield. Just boils piss week in, week out

poleglass red

as others have said, this signing has to be in addition to getting De Jong, not as a replacement

buchansleftleg

Prediction: He will be touted as a "great value signing" and will procede to jog about...swish his hair....put his arms up in frustration a few times...will lose the ball at the worst possible time...will make a half arsed attempt to run back and cover his position.
Will produce stats around the same level as McT but with half the effort.

Why are we signing the "middle of Lidl Pogba"?

Cloud7

Well this came out of nowhere. I really liked Rabiot once upon a time and I would have loved him here then, but I have no idea how he’s been in the last couple years. Still there is no conceivable way a footballer with two functional legs can not be an improvement on McFred

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Sky are suggesting that he is FDJ's alternative

NewYorkRed

Wow. Can’t say that I hate the signing, as I do think there’s a player in there, but its just the way we’ve done it. Shambolic.

edit: guys, this is the FDJ alternative. We’re not getting him.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Serious question - is there any way that this signing could be considered alongside De Jong, rather than as an alternative? If so, would the Cafe prefer him alongside De Jong, or one of Fred / McTominay?
This is only a decent signing if we somehow get De Jong over the line too. On it's own I can't get behind it. Juve fans don't seem too fussed to see him go.
After the legal shite that came out today, FDJ ain’t happening now in my opinion.

Xaviboy

Ten Hag must of gone straight to board last night and told them get me midfielder in tomorrow after watching the shitshow yesterday.

How quickly this news has come about?

ColvaleGoa

We are transforming into Stoke....soon we will have Tony Pulis managing us. Tony is getting the old band back ...Arnautivic etc..maybe Charlie Adam too.!

Rolaholic

Sooo, we have squad full of cnuts, our solution? Add few more of those in :lol:. Not gonna lie, find this whole thing a bit funny, some fake, obnoxious bunch among fan base doesnt deserve better.
Might as well go all in on being a banter club and sign up for an All Or Nothing style docuseries

MUFC OK

Scholesey in his analysis yesterday "your midfielders should dribble less and get the ball to your talented players instead". Next day, we target a CM who always runs with the ball :lol:

Seriously, can't we just find out who Brighton are genuinely interested in signing instead? They never seem to miss in the transfer window.

cyberman

Sky are suggesting that he is FDJ's alternative
Makes sense as in moving Eriksen deeper and having him play the ball forward through the middle. It sounds like it’s Rabiot v FDJ but it could be Eriksen v FDJ for that spot. We may just need more midfield cover and legs without FDJ since we wouldn’t dominate play as much

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
After the legal shite that came out today, FDJ ain’t happening now in my opinion.

Its came out in public today, the club and parties involved would quite obviously been well aware of it for ages, which is why United remain calm

Lynty

I thought United was very poor at transfers -- very slow, takes forever to cut a deal?

So in this case, we cut a deal worth millions within 24hrs now? Murtough is amazing.

I like this change at United. Give Murtough a lifetime contract.
Rabiot was on the shop window. His mom has been whoring him out to clubs for the last month inlcuding PSG and Liverpool. Juve didn't take him on preseason, left him to train at home.

The fee for him has also been made clear for about a month.

Ten Hag gave the green light, we met Juve asking price straight away - it's the easiest transfer in the world.

DevTheRed

I’m taking a guy who gets games in midfield for France over a guy who can’t get in Scotlands midfield.

He is quite an upgrade on McTominay.

dubplate warrior

Means nothing what they are saying.

If juve fans came in here to get a look at what the fans been saying about Bruno he would be seen as just as worse, and really shite..........so wouldn't look too much into what forums are saying.
Bruno is shite though, it's only a slowly shrinking portion of the United fanbase clinging on to the motion he isn't.

Look, this kind of football was never going to be easy to implement overnight, particularly such an unbalanced squad lacking in technical ability and physicality. Now what you'll see happen is the style of play expose certain players for what they are and their lack of ability on the ball. McFred, AWB, Bruno, Maguire and DDG are all incompatible for this kind of football.

Aretak

I keep seeing this, why is he a toxic character? What has he done at Juve?
He hasn't really acted out much at Juve. He's just been crap. At PSG he fell out with everyone and was banished to the reserves for disrespecting the club. Funnily enough, that was in the wake of Ole's famous win there, when he liked a post by Patrice Evra celebrating United's win. Also fell out with Deschamps and did himself out of being a part of the 2018 World Cup squad, but he's been brought back into the fold since then.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I’m taking a guy who gets games in midfield for France over a guy who can’t get in Scotlands midfield.

He is quite an upgrade on McTominay.
Deschamps was still picking Martial until about five minutes ago. Not the greatest endorsement.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Its came out in public today, the club and parties involved would quite obviously been well aware of it for ages, which is why United remain calm
Of course but now it’s public which makes it harder to negotiate.

Don’t know why they’d remain confident, it’s a pretty damning thing!

Red00012

Anything is better than McFred for another season at this point. But I’d rather we sign Tielemans if we aint get De Jong.
I don’t understand why we aren’t going for Tielemans

Dazzmondo

Personally I would prefer FDJ and Fred. I think FDJ's defensive positioning alongside Fred's pressing would work better. Without FDJ or a similarly positionally intelligent player it's a different story. Rabiot is more suited to our deepest cm role than Fred imo.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Ten Hag must of gone straight to board last night and told them get me midfielder in tomorrow after watching the shitshow yesterday.

How quickly this news has come about?
So we can actually close a deal within 24hrs? Thought the United management are useless? Also are you saying that this is ETH's buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.