Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubplate warrior

This and link to Arnautovic just make me laugh, Murtough and Arnold have completely shit the bed. Can’t wait to hear what nonsense they come up with once the window shuts.

We’re so desperate though that signing one or even both is pretty likely. More deadwood for couple of years time.
I don't blame Arnold, he's not involved with the football side of things. If Murtough is in charge for years to come however, than it's a different thing.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We are somehow managing to become an even bigger and bigger laughing stock with every passing day.

joedirt87

from Rabiot's wikipedia page " he is also known for being capable of playing in several different midfield positions, including in a deep, creative holding role as a number 6 in front of the defence (which is not his favoured role, however)"

oh good.

Abraxas

I'm less concerned about his potential to be an arse than I am his potential to produce poor performances. What on earth are those statistics? They're absolutely shocking, any midfielder worth his salt would be embarrassed to have them.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'll take a closer look at stats later to compare. My comments so far are mainly from what I've seen of him over the years. If your comments were from his PSG days I think they'd be fairer. I'm assuming his pass completion % stats across his career are higher than Bennacer for you to mention him. Not all that surprising considering how much PSG dominate possession tbh but maybe it's the same at Juve. My instinct from watching them all play is that despite his pass % potentially being higher, I expect his progressive passing numbers will be significantly lower than either Bennacer or Ruiz, which interests me a lot more. Fred has had seasons hovering around 90% pass accuracy but most of those passes were side to side or backwards.
First I think that it should be mentioned that Fabian Ruiz and Bennacer are a sort of passing box to box while Rabiot is a sort of defensive midfielder, they are not like for like players. Rabiot is the better defender, Bennacer is somewhat close to Rabiot and Fabian Ruiz is not a good defender. They are all way above average passers but Fabian Ruiz and Bennacer are great at progressing the ball through passes while Rabiot is just above average. They are all way above average when it comes to move the ball through carries but Bennacer is a better dribbler.

Overall Bennacer is the better package, he is a complete box to box but it wouldn't be correct to suggest that the others are poor or that for example Fabian Ruiz is significantly better than Rabiot because he isn't.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Of course but now it’s public which makes it harder to negotiate.

Don’t know why they’d remain confident, it’s a pretty damning thing!
We don't need to negotiate... we already agreed a fee.
It makes Barcelona's position difficult because THEY need to resolve it so they can register their new players

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
15 mill instead 80+ something for FDJ. The Glazers will get a hard on. Big boni next year.
Ridiculous.

We’ve spent more than ANYONE in thr whole of European football over the past 10 years.

It’s what we’ve spent it on which is the problem, but the Glazers have spent money when required

Godfather

I don't like him. It's not only that he isn't really good at football. His face bothers me.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Rabiot was on the shop window. His mom has been whoring him out to clubs for the last month inlcuding PSG and Liverpool. Juve didn't take him on preseason, left him to train at home.

The fee for him has also been made clear for about a month.

Ten Hag gave the green light, we met Juve asking price straight away - it's the easiest transfer in the world.
Cheers!

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
He’s not an elite progressive passer, isn’t an elite ball carrier and he’s not elite as a DM so we’re signing a good but not great player who has no potential beyond this.

So underwhelmed by this I just hope this isn’t a panic buy.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
We don't need to negotiate... we already agreed a fee.
It makes Barcelona's position difficult because THEY need to resolve it so they can register their new players
Meaning negotiate about the €17M deferred payments.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Ridiculous.

We’ve spent more than ANYONE in thr whole of European football over the past 10 years.

It’s what we’ve spent it on which is the problem, but the Glazers have spent money when required
Apart from this summer apparently - when we probably needed to spend more then ever before.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
This and link to Arnautovic just make me laugh, Murtough and Arnold have completely shit the bed. Can’t wait to hear what nonsense they come up with once the window shuts.

We’re so desperate though that signing one or even both is pretty likely. More deadwood for couple of years time.

saik

He’s not an elite progressive passer, isn’t an elite ball carrier and he’s not elite as a DM so we’re signing a good but not great player who has no potential beyond this.

So underwhelmed by this I just hope this isn’t a panic buy.
It is very obviously a panic buy. Why do think we are being linked to him only today?

Member 125288

Apart from this summer apparently - when we probably needed to spend more then ever before.
We've spaffed more than almost anyone over the last ten years, and ended up with dross - spending more isn't the answer, spending wisely is.

Walters_19_MuFc

Wouldn't be my first choice, but at this stage, I'd take anyone. Seriously though, he's a ball player, and it's clear to see that's what we need. He also has the ability to dribble out of trouble, and he's very elegant when he gets going.

I'd imagine he'd come straight in that single pivot role. The only worry, that I also had about De Jong is, that these players are not defensively strong enough.

We'll see how it goes, but at least we have someone.

Smores

Again, Barcelona need to deal with it so THEY can register their players
It's simple the money we've offered doesn't put us in a position to sign him. Everything else is just meaningless waffle.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It's simple the money we've offered doesn't put us in a position to sign him. Everything else is just meaningless waffle.
Its simple, Barcelona cannot register their new signings for La Liga until they resolve the FDJ issue, everything else is just meaningless waffle.

Lee565

Couldn't make it any more obvious that we are penny pinching and to be linked to arnautovic and rabiot, we are just asking for more toxicity within the dressing room, it's just a 2 faced joke at this point.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
"Mr Ten Hag. Adrien's mum is here to talk to you about the laps you made him run at lunch yesterday, as well as to drop off his spare shorts for the class trip to Brentford..."

Cargsy

A quick look on his player page of the Juve forum tells you all you need to know about this guy. Beyond depressing.

Eplel

The Juventus fans and the statistics. Juventus fans don't like him, and the stats show McT as performing better. You can find them scattered throughout this thread.
Difference is that Juve fans probably have standards, while we have muppets defending the worst midfielder in the league because of selected stats.
I advise you to watch yesterdays game.

::sonny::

You don’t need to pay scouts to sign Arnautovic and Rabiot

Are a 5 yo signings

saik

We were linked with him in June.
And never followed up on that interest, why? Why are we seeing a bid only today? Could have got him in before preseason and let him have some time to settle. Why only now?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
And bought him the day after we lost against Brighton.....
Which makes it worse. He was supposed to be a target a while ago and we only make an offer now. It's not a panic move, it's a dumbass move.

Status
Not open for further replies.