Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eplel

he's painfully average
Ah, you think watching Rabiot is painful? You merely adopted the pain. We were born in it, molded by it. We didn't see a game without McFred until we were already men.

Rob Bowman

The thing is if we get Rabiot. It is a player above where we are now. Maybe add SMS or FDJ. We have Eriksen and Bruno. Maybe give Garner a few games. Now we have a squad and can move forward.

Rabiot is not the answer. He is a piece to a puzzle, and sadly we need a whole lotta new pieces.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Was he not suspended by PSG for going to a nightclub after losing to United?
Sounds a bit unprofessional to me.

Also did he not refuse to be on Frances standby list for the world cup? That's a tad unprofessional if so.
How is going to a nightclub unprofessional? Are players supposed to not go out by contract? And no he wasn't sanctioned by the club, he was already sanctioned for not extending his contract.

And the letter was definitely stupid and I already mentioned it.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
For me this would be a complete panic buy, We’ve gone from we need to get in “the right players” to let’s get in anyone.

just hope we don’t over pay interns of wages, he’s on an insane wage at juve even half of it would be way too much.

personally I would rather us sign no one and give some kids a chance and back the cash, rather then this deal.

AdNani

What's wrong with giving Garner a go? Or are you saying we should? Can be read both ways.
he's had one good season in the championship, Rabiot has been a regular for Juventus and PSG and is entering his prime years. He's not Frenkie De Jong but if he was our only midfield signing between now and the end of the window he'd comfortably be our best deep lying midfielder.

Add that SMS/De Jong would be joining him then it's a great signing

Davie Moyes

Can someone please explain to me what he is like as a player? What are his strengths and weaknesses? Based on the eye test from YouTube vids he looks excellent (well technically at least) and on a different planet to McT. However all I'm reading is negativity within this thread (like the rest of the Cafe these days). Anyone been watching him much at Juve or France recently?

JPRouve

Scout
he's had one good season in the championship, Rabiot has been a regular for Juventus and PSG and is entering his prime years. He's not Frenkie De Jong but if he was our only midfield signing between now and the end of the window he'd comfortably be our best deep lying midfielder.
But is it worth it? With Rabiot there is no guarantee, it's the same than with the kids. Wouldn't it be a better idea to use this year as a developmental one for Iqbal, Garner and Savage?

I like the De Jong or The Youth idea.

AdNani

But is it worth it? With Rabiot there is no guarantee, it's the same than with the kids. Wouldn't it be a better idea to use this year as a developmental one for Iqbal, Garner and Savage?

I like the De Jong or The Youth idea.
Ten Hag is in his first job at a massive club, there is Zero chance he relies on Garner/Zidane/Savage, it's suicide. There's no guarentee with Rabiot, but id say there's far more with someone who's consistently been a starter for two of the biggest clubs in europe over the last decade.

Ted Lasso

Ten Hag is in his first job at a massive club, there is Zero chance he relies on Garner/Zidane/Savage, it's suicide. There's no guarentee with Rabiot, but id say there's far more with someone who's consistently been a starter for two of the biggest clubs in europe over the last decade.
Relying on Fred and McTominay was just as risky, even with the addition of Eriksen and FDJ. Another midfielder should have been brought in early in the window. Rabiot is a good player. If he was always on the radar and Juve willing to sell, should have happened so much sooner to allow him a preseason.

JPRouve

Scout
I see your point and that's why I'm not against it but I think that the kids are a comparable offer. If we were talking about a better or even an in form player I would agree with you, but as an example it could easily be this summer's Saul Niguez.

city-puma

There is a bit more to that, while he wasn't allowed to play by the DOF, they went further in late January. Rabiot wasn't with the team in Doha due to the loss of this grandfather and when the team cameback a week later, Rabiot was made to train with the reserve. The LFP warned PSG that they would sanction them and they put him back in the professional team.
It made even more sense even for an ordinary people put into the similar situation. In general, employees are the most often vulnerable against corporate machine.

NotQuiteManc

If he performs better than McTominay at least, I will take it as a win already. McTom should be a backup option really, and the likes of Zidane and Savage should be in the squad.

OT1214

So if PSV lose tonight we may sign Gakpo and if Monaco lose its Rabiot. Our fate is not in our hands :rolleyes:

city-puma

The thing is if we get Rabiot. It is a player above where we are now. Maybe add SMS or FDJ. We have Eriksen and Bruno. Maybe give Garner a few games. Now we have a squad and can move forward.

Rabiot is not the answer. He is a piece to a puzzle, and sadly we need a whole lotta new pieces.
Right. Before this summer, we have three physical players in midfield, Pogba, Matic and McT on paper, even though the former two has been falling the cliff for different reasons. We now have only one. It’s important to add that aspect of players into the squad.

lolok

All I know is-- I want the club to fix the culture. I want the club to add players who are team first, not me first. They also have to be a good player who is able to fit into the system that ETH wants. That is literally the minimum criteria for any signing.

Is Rabiot team first or me first?
Does he fit ETH's system?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ If the answer isn't yes to both-- then why does the club want to sign him.

I honestly know F all about Rabiot-- so I'll let others with more knowledge let me know if he checks both boxes.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Can just see it in his first game, we concede the first goal, camera shoots to SAF, then to Ronnie, then to Rabiot’s mum :annoyed:

I hope he turns us down and we’re forced to go with Iqbal and Garner, clear the decks and start again rather than layering on top of the current circus.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's a cheap upgrade on current options. The Arnautovic news today has eased my concerns with Rabiot. He isn't great but we're desperate. Also he doesn't seem to be the dressing room problem I thought he was. Juventus fans have been saying he's professional and not a problem.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Right I’ve had time to have a moan and the more I think about it the more I’ll begrudgingly accept it and reserve further judgment until a few months of games.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Add that SMS/De Jong would be joining him then it's a great signing
You're very easily pleased mate. The Juve fan forums are apparently in total hysterics that we are signing him.

He's no better than Mctominay. Statistically worse in all metrics last season too.

Strootman's Finger

Good luck to the lad, he's going to need it if all who post on this thread are Utd supporters. Generation social media where your only as good as your biggest mistake of the past, never to be redeemed.
Are people not allowed to form opinions on players they watch over extended periods of time? fecking ridiculous comment. Sorry guys, discussing Rabiot is off limits, SouthernRedDev has spoken.

Rolaholic

They've been trying to get rid of him off their books with little luck prior to us coming in

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Fairly substantial. :lol: it's not even a Championship fee nowadays. They must be broke in Italy. Let's not pretend this is anything but a cheap signing for us.

Mainoldo

Is Dave aware of Fabian Ruiz going to PSG. Someone should let him know the fee.

Davie Moyes

Anything to get a dig into Utd. The fee quoted is exactly what one would expect for someone with a year left on their contract.

JPRouve

Scout
Jesus calm down dave, it's only 15m
And the next tweet is a bit of a contradiction, how is it good business when you say that the manager trusted him and you can't see how they will replace him?

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
For me this would be a complete panic buy, We’ve gone from we need to get in “the right players” to let’s get in anyone.

just hope we don’t over pay interns of wages, he’s on an insane wage at juve even half of it would be way too much.

personally I would rather us sign no one and give some kids a chance and back the cash, rather then this deal.
Yeah, but you also don't know what our plans were.

Status
Not open for further replies.