Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
You keep mischaracterizing him. It started with the prick comment, then claiming that he was unprofessional and dropped because of it. Rabiot is neither a prick nor unprofessional which is why he was one of PSG's deputee captains.
Was he not suspended by PSG for going to a nightclub after losing to United?
Sounds a bit unprofessional to me.

Also did he not refuse to be on Frances standby list for the world cup? That's a tad unprofessional if so.

GMoore23

These are some of the wages we are currently paying
Cristiano F 37 £26,800,000 £515,385
David De Gea GK 31 £19,500,000 £375,000
Jadon Sancho F 22 £18,200,000 £350,000
Raphael Varane D 29 £17,680,000 £340,000
Anthony Martial F 26 £13,000,000 £250,000
Bruno Fernandes M 27 £12,480,000 £240,000
Marcus Rashford F 24 £10,400,000 £200,000
Harry Maguire D 29 £9,875,000 £189,904
Christian Erik M 30 £7,800,000 £150,000
Luke Shaw D 27 £7,800,000 £150,000
Frederico de P M 29 £6,240,000 £120,000
Victor Lindelof D 28 £6,240,000 £120,000
Lisandro Mart D 24 £6,240,000 £120,000
Donny van de B M 25 £6,240,000 £120,000
Aaron Wan-Biss D 24 £4,680,000 £90,000

Rabiot reportedly earns around €7m per year with Juve, which equates to roughly £113,000 ($137,000) per week that is close to what Donny van De Beek, Fred and Lindelof earn. Even if give a raise on that it won be too high, and Im sure he will offer a lot more in a much needed position for us.

I would be more concerned with the high wages of players that are already in the team who have not showed their worth for past many seasons.
We're known to overpay on wages but Sancho on 350k a week. Disgraceful.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Think we should all give him a clean slate if he joins for us. A lot of what people are saying may not be remotely true. People are willing to believe the likes of Howson after his 2 days of scouting Youtube and Google searches, the only way we can truly know his level is when he plays for us.

city-puma

Also did he not refuse to be on Frances standby list for the world cup? That's a tad unprofessional if so.
I heard psg wanted him renew the contract but he didn’t want to and psg left him out of first team for months, during that period, we beat them in UCL. He eventually joined Juventus as free agent in that summer. Not 100% sure if it’s exactly what happened.

Crimson King

He'll go to Monaco if they qualify for the UCL, unless we completely blow them out if the water in terms of wages.

sugar_kane

The Athletic article on him today made me a bit less apprehensive about signing him, adding a bit of context to his rep of being difficult and talking a bit about some of his more positive qualities.

I think I’m less concerned than many on here about not waiting for the perfect players, we have to accept where we are and that the squad rebuild will have to go through a bit of a makeshift phase while we’re less desirable to play for. Provided we don’t hand out stupid contracts which prevent us shifting players who don’t work out.

El Presidente

Think we should all give him a clean slate if he joins for us. A lot of what people are saying may not be remotely true. People are willing to believe the likes of Howson after his 2 days of scouting Youtube and Google searches, the only way we can truly know his level is when he plays for us.
Is this a serious comment? What have I just seen?
I'm fairly certain there are other ways to assess someones' level.

Rolaholic

Imagine getting rejected by rabiot in favor of Monaco
It'd be embarrassing but that's where we are as a club unfortunately. Years of stagnation on the pitch and not competing for trophies erodes away all the pull we used to have. All we can offer now are better wages than most.

Wouldn't be too bothered personally in this instance though seeing as we can do better and we don't need more drama queens in the dressing room.

I also rate SMS more

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I heard psg wanted him renew the contract but he didn’t want to and psg left him out of first team for months, during that period, we beat them in UCL. He eventually joined Juventus as free agent in that summer. Not 100% sure if it’s exactly what happened.
It's exactly what happened.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Monaco beat PSV: We get Gakpo
PSV beat Monaco: We get Rabiot

Is this the situation based on reports now? If so, I'm kind of hoping Monaco win.
I found myself becoming Monaco's no 1 fan

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Because you said you hope he still has what made him a talent at PSG. There's three years worth of performances of his time at Juve to make judgements about whether or not he'll be suitable for us. The conversation about De Jong at Ajax and Rabiot at PSG was just about who was more well regarded within football at that time. From what I remember, De Jong was seen as a more special player.

The situation with De Jong's contract is making it extremely complicated and practically unworkable. It's not a stretch to assume teams just don't want to get involved with Barca. Rabiot is much more straightforward and yet we seemingly have a free run at him.

I've seen different stuff than you have with regards to Barca fans impression of De Jong. The Barca subreddit were lamenting the prospect of losing him as they see him as one of a few players with elite level ability. On the flipside, Juve fans can't believe their luck.
I was talking in past tense about what he showed at PSG in relation to that discussion. He is still that same guy, same player. The only issue with analysing his time at Juve is that he seems to have played with less freedom and more of a destroyer at times. If you watch his involvement for PSG then you can see that he has more to his game than just sitting deep and mopping up play, he is very similar to FDJ in his traits and abilities. I'm not sure what role we are signing him for though.

Regarding the bolded parts, I don't deny that Rabiot's stock has fallen. I admitted he somehow lost any hype at Juve. Like I said though, neither player has lived up to their early promise or transferred it to a bigger stage. Yet.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Yeah, I knew PSG weren't playing him as he wasn't renewing, as is their right.
To then not remain professional, and do what he did, ie, go out after his team went out of a major trophy and be a bit of an idiot on social media is the definition of unprofessional!

Let's hope he has learnt his lesson from those two unprofessional exploits.

marc1_007

Rabiot is one of my least favourite players in World football but right now if you gave me the option of him or Mctominay, I'll choose Rabiot all day

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Anyone think we’re signing 2 midfielders or just the one? Looks like rabiot will be one… who els would you get with him if it can’t be de Jong?

Godfather

This link is killing me. I can't stand the guy and he's painfully average. Just can't get excited about this one single bit.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Rabiot is one of my least favourite players in World football but right now if you gave me the option of him or Mctominay, I'll choose Rabiot all day
Think that’s what’s gonna persuade fans to give him a chance… if it’s an option between rabiot and mctominay then the majority choose rabiot. Shouldn’t be like that though. Should be a world class midfielder that instantly upgrades us and makes the players around him better. Don’t think rabiot will be that guy. Hope we sign another midfielder aswell as rabiot and then that might not be to bad.

SouthernRedDev

Good luck to the lad, he's going to need it if all who post on this thread are Utd supporters. Generation social media where your only as good as your biggest mistake of the past, never to be redeemed.

city-puma

So, Rabiot is being brought in as depth, not necessarily as a starter?
I think he and McT will play together if FDJ doesn’t join us. I am also aware of most of people here probably don’t agree my opinion. So, no need to give sticks.:smirk:

RuudTom83

United could be just getting a few deals agreed in principle as backup to when the inevitable rejection from Frankie.

If ETH wants to wait until the last minute for that to happen, then the club needs to have alternatives more along for the deadline day scramble.

city-puma

Yeah, I knew PSG weren't playing him as he wasn't renewing, as is their right.
To then not remain professional, and do what he did, ie, go out after his team went out of a major trophy and be a bit of an idiot on social media is the definition of unprofessional!

Let's hope he has learnt his lesson from those two unprofessional exploits.
The way he was frozen out due to contract renewal issue gm(for whatever reason) is more and less a bully by Psg. If it’s several months, I can fully understand his feelings. At that point, he probably had felt disappointed with the treatment and solidified his will to quit. It’s more like his mindset then was as simple as psg was none of his business anymore.

r1z3mu

This link is killing me. I can't stand the guy and he's painfully average. Just can't get excited about this one single bit.
Problem is that what we currently have is below average. So he will be an upgrade McT.

Eplel

these two women explain perfectly what kind of player he is.
Actually they don't. I expect "Italian football experts" to put in a cohesive description, not just fluff around saying "I don't really understand what kind of player he is".

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The way he was frozen out due to contract renewal issue gm(for whatever reason) is more and less a bully by Psg. If it’s several months, I can fully understand his feelings. At that point, he probably had felt disappointed with the treatment and solidified his will to quit. It’s more like his mindset then was as simple as psg was none of his business anymore.
There is a bit more to that, while he wasn't allowed to play by the DOF, they went further in late January. Rabiot wasn't with the team in Doha due to the loss of this grandfather and when the team cameback a week later, Rabiot was made to train with the reserve. The LFP warned PSG that they would sanction them and they put him back in the professional team.

NewYorkRed

You’re wasting your time. He’s fixated about protecting the player’s image (weird) and refuses to give valid reasons for what are well known facts. He will also tell you that you are being absurd for bringing this stuff up or that other players also partied after the CL loss. The man mystifies me with his take on this particular player.

Status
Not open for further replies.