Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
These are his stars for the season before last, 20/21
57 attempted passes per 90 is still less than what Fred averages, so 2020/21 might be better than McTominay but it’s still barely Fred the Red levels. This is what we’re getting.

Flexdegea

We are a total free hit with journos and have been for last year.

Gift job, just insert player name with some sort of cliche quote and watch the clicks come flying in

Houdini

Yet to hear a single positive argument for this transfer other than "he's better than McTomi nay" which is debatable at best and can be debunked with recent performance data.

Literally everything else is a red flag

- never fulfilled potential
- on the decline
- prone to laziness and disruption when not happy
- hated by his own fan base, club and country
- disruptive agent and family
- will demand high wages
On the other hand McT and Rashford are great characters and...

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
57 attempted passes per 90 is still less than what Fred averages, so 2020/21 might be better than McTominay but it’s still barely Fred the Red levels. This is what we’re getting.
I don't know Fred's stats by heart, but surely there's more to midfield play than passes/90mins. Otherwise Joe Allen would've won the Ballon d'Or

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can't wait to see the reaction when they become our fist choice partnership in midfield
It'll be him next to Fred and then Eriksen (my pick) or Bruno. Which honestly isn't too bad of a trio. Has a lot of energy and rabiot is miles better defensively and on the ball technique wise than McTominay is. He plays it safe as a passer but he is much more technically gifted at running with the ball than the joke McTominay tries to do, and is just much better defensively.

DWelbz19

I don't know Fred's stats by heart, but surely there's more to midfield play than passes/90mins. Otherwise Joe Allen would've won the Ballon d'Or
There is, Rabiot doesn’t have that either though.

DevilRed

You have to wonder whether all this activity is to scare Barca into speeding things up. They clearly need to get rid of FDJ.

we now know that we need at least two central midfielders just as replacements for Pogba and matic leaving.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
In PSG he was averaging 75-85 passes per 90 mins, not sure whose level that is.

Passes attempted depends on lot of factors, especially the playing style and the role of player.

Flexdegea

Yet to hear a single positive argument for this transfer other than "he's better than McTomi nay" which is debatable at best and can be debunked with recent performance data.

Literally everything else is a red flag

- never fulfilled potential
- on the decline
- prone to laziness and disruption when not happy
- hated by his own fan base, club and country
- disruptive agent and family
- will demand high wages

This whole saga is actually showing how daft stats can be.

Simple eye test can tell you he's vastly superior to mctomminy playing the role we looking to play him in.

Unless he's dropped of a cliff and can't salvage his form, I can't see why anyone is using them stats from yesterday to argue mctomminy a better player.

Skåre Willoch

If we got both Rabiot and Frenkie, how would they work as a duo? Or trio, if you include Bruno as a midfielder?

DWelbz19

In PSG he was averaging 75-85 passes per 90 mins, not sure whose level that is.

Passes attempted depends on lot of factors, especially the playing style and the role of player.
Over 4 years ago. In a weaker league. We can continue to pretend Rabiot is something he isn’t, that’s fine. Probably better to temper expectations for when he actually does join, though.

redcucumber

Both highly rated in their youth/early teens. Both failed to reach the hype after their big move. Both no longer wanted. This isn't Chong vs Ronaldo at all. Rabiot at PSG possibly looked better than FDJ. It was just the baggage that came with him.
De Jong was fantastic at Ajax. Was Rabiot on those levels at PSG? Regardless, he doesn't seem to be nearly as well regarded as De Jong.

Skåre Willoch

They would work better than anything we have right now. At least our midfielders can finally do the basics like pass and retain possession.
I think they would be fine, they are both clever and technically very good.
That's what I'm thinking as well. We should be a lot more press resistant at least.

McTominay and Fred as rotational options / role players in certain games.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
For context. Locatelli averaged 60 passes attempts last season against 87 the previous season, Arthur Melo average 65 against 83 the previous. It's pretty obvious that the issues are systemic and difficult to extrapolate.

NewYorkRed

Tuchel didn't drop him for being unprofessional, about half of the PSG teams had the habit of clubbing before and after CL games. And there hasn't been a multitude of other issues.
If half of them are bad doesn’t make him any less bad? Weird logic. Tuchel did drop him for being late to training. His mom has literally stopped a coach, I forget which one, outside in his car to tell him that her son must start.

Listen, I hope he does well here and I’m one of the few that are saying that there’s a good player in there. But there def is a bit of a circus that comes with him.

Giggsy13

You have to wonder whether all this activity is to scare Barca into speeding things up. They clearly need to get rid of FDJ.

we now know that we need at least two central midfielders just as replacements for Pogba and matic leaving.
We’ve agreed a fee and are negotiating personal terms. It’s happening irrespective of de Jong. He’s at least an upgrade on Fred and McT, so it’s a start.

JPRouve

Scout
If half of them are bad doesn’t make him any less bad? Weird logic. Tuchel did drop him for being late to training. His mom has literally stopped a coach, I forget which one, outside in his car to tell him that her son must start.

Listen, I hope he does well here and I’m one of the few that are saying that there’s a good player in there. But there def is a bit of a circus that comes with him.
Going out after a game isn't bad or good, players do not have to stay at home. He was once late a meeting, which happens all the time and isn't a sign of being unprofessional, he was a starter for Tuchel and one of the deputee captains.

And there is no circus, there is people that try to exaggerate every little things, that's what you have been doing in this thread multiple times which is frankly ridiculous.

mu4c_20le

Hope not, he's a clear upgrade on Mct who himself would benefit from being rotated and free from the weight of being a starter.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Over 4 years ago. In a weaker league. We can continue to pretend Rabiot is something he isn’t, that’s fine. Probably better to temper expectations for when he actually does join, though.
I don't know what Rabiot is and what role he plays. What I'm saying is, blindly going with passes attempted stat is just wrong way to assess midfielder. Check Rodri and how his passes attempted increased from the time he moved to City from Atletico.

Like I said, playing style and role in the team plays big role in how many passes player plays.

JPRouve

Scout

There is no way anyone would be scared because a club is linked with Rabiot.

DevilRed

Hope not, he's a clear upgrade on Mct who himself would benefit from being rotated and free from the weight of being a starter.
If we do manage to sign rabiot, FDJ and maybe SMS, I’d love to see Mctominay play at centre back. I think that position might suit him more. Plays there for Scotland at times?

croadyman

Strikes me that if Utd hadn't been chasing De Jong all summer then fans wouldn't look down their nose at this so much

croadyman

If we do manage to sign rabiot, FDJ and maybe SMS, I’d love to see Mctominay play at centre back. I think that position might suit him more. Plays there for Scotland at times?
Not signing three, be an absolute miracle getting more than just Rabiot by the looks of it

the_cliff

If Garner cost us 20m out of our already smallish transfer budget and was on similar wages, you might have a point..

We dont have money.. we can really do without wasting significant chunks on more squad fillers and dead weight..
We'll be trying to move him on in 18 months and be stuck with him for 3 season after that.

edit: if this was a loan, I'd be all for it.. but he is in the final year of his contract at Juve and they wont loan him..
He wouldn't be a squad player. He has the technique and ability to play ETHs style of football.

Garner hasn't played 90 minutes in any top European league and you want him to displace Mctominay while looking down on a player that has played ucl football for the past 5 seasons and is a starter for the best national team in the world.

If we don't get Rabiot in about 2 weeks everyone on here is going to be complaining about McFred and a couple of 18 year old midfielders.

The love in for our academy players on here is insane. You would think we're la masia with the expectations people have of our young players when in fact, over the last 10-15 years the only ones that made it here are players we're actively trying to replace cos they aren't good enough!

I remember the thread here on Dybala, everyone on here was saying we don't want him on a free, fast forward 1 month we're linked with Arnautovic , people need to wake up to the fact that we can no longer fight for the best players on the market we need to gradually improve and give ETH the best players we possibly can every summer, even if it means a Rabiot or Dybala for 2-3 seasons then so be it.

Last edited:

croadyman

He wouldn't be a squad player. He has the technique and ability to play ETHs style of football.

Garner hasn't played 90 minutes in any top European league and you want him to displace Mctominay while looking down on a player that has played ucl football for the past 5 seasons and is a starter for the best national team in the world.

If we don't get Rabiot in about 2 weeks everyone on here is going to be complaining about McFred and a couple of 18 year old midfielders.

The love in for our academy players on here is insane. You would think we're la masia with the expectations people have of our young players when in fact, over the last 10-15 years the only ones that made it here are players we're actively trying to replace cos they aren't good enough!
Yeah they need blending not throwing in

Onerealunited

Furious me so much that we are about to sign him!! We don’t need personalities like him in the dressing room and agents like his mom! This is really like pissing on the fans to go at panic transfers like him’!!! What the feck has our scouts and transfer department been doing until now when the only players we can go after are players ten hag has worked with or previous players that has had issues other players and don’t have quality to play for us = panic buys

Rolaholic

Lack of CL footy is holding this back? Oh darn what a shame, proper gutted

Liverpool and Chelsea can offer him that though...

Thank feck, let's move on to better targets

Last edited:

kunal18

De Jong was fantastic at Ajax. Was Rabiot on those levels at PSG? Regardless, he doesn't seem to be nearly as well regarded as De Jong.
De jong is costing 85 million, Rabiot we are getting for 20 million, we have spent more on Pellistri, Amad,Wan Bissaka, Fred and many more.
I think this is a value signing with not much to loose.

Dolf

You're all a bunch of downers in here. He's a decent midfielder and we're not paying that munch. If Ten Hag wants him then let's buy him.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Not now he isn't as highly regarded, but he was very highly rated at PSG. His stock has fallen, probably in part due to his antics, whereas FDJ (who was barely mentioned by anybody prior to this saga) has somehow managed to retain his hype. Rabiot was a much more powerful and industrious player, very hard working but still a very good player. Shared similar traits to FDJ. FDJ is more elegant but harder to fit into a system because he is so niche. You can see in the videos below a bit of what Rabiot was (and hopefully still is) as a player.

Shark

@NotShark
De jong is costing 85 million, Rabiot we are getting for 20 million, we have spent more on Pellistri, Amad,Wan Bissaka, Fred and many more.
I think this is a value signing with not much to loose.
What will his wages be though. If he ends up stinking up the place will we be stuck with him for years?

Status
Not open for further replies.