Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevTheRed

Everyone is talking about stats for Rabiot being similar to McTominays.. but these are his stats playing in his last season for PSG vs other midfielders. I know it’s PSG and it’s a farmers league but it shows he has it in his locker.. McTominay will never have stats that look like this, he just isn’t good enough technically.

Castia

Rabiot Fred
Rabiot McTominay

Doesn’t even excite on paper does it.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC

Everyone is talking about stats for Rabiot being similar to McTominays.. but these are his stats playing in his last season for PSG vs other midfielders. I know it’s PSG and it’s a farmers league but it shows he has it in his locker.. McTominay will never have stats that look like this, he just isn’t good enough technically.
Not even a single cross into the box. Do not want

Redcy

Heard nothing good about him from those who watched him at Juve but if he's one of a couple of midfield signings and as low as our signings get this summer (now that Arnautovic is off the table) then that's not too bad.

Re the stats thing, people are comparing his worst season to McTominay but his previous seasons are better, in some cases a lot better.

So rather than arguing that he's not as good as McTominay, the more pertinent question is probably why his stats dipped so much last season and were generally worse at Juve than at PSG, whether (for example) the reports of him being lazy and uninterested (which I have now seen several people who watched him at Juve cite) are a cause of that drop off and how much that would apply to us?

you have to go back to 17-18 to see those stats which is what worries people for a big wage

mu4c_20le

McTominay will never have stats that look like this, he just isn’t good enough technically.
The McT stats comparison was posted on social media by clout chasers looking for likes. We shouldn't be paying credence to such nonsense at all, and anyone who even thinks the two are similar should automatically be disregarded for their opinion.

Superunknown

What was McTominay's?
No idea, without checking it up. I don't know which sites people are using to pull these stats up, so I thought it's worth asking.

We've seen stats about last season, where Rabiot was apparently at his worst, so it seems only right for balance we see the other end of the spectrum. I'm neutral on this potential signing and don't really know enough about him, hence why some more info would be handy.

Redcy

The worry is how long ago that was. Has not done it for years, and apparently not for a lack of putting effort in, maybe more to do with psg being pretty dominant and him not being a key player

RuudTom83

Football is a team game, so I'd be more interested in knowing if he can hold his position in midfield? can he track a man? can he position himself to help the defence?

My main problem with McFred is how erratic and open they both play, leaving gapping holes in the middle of the pitch and letting runners pass them by without doing jack shit to stop them.

Oldtraffordboy

Yet to hear a single positive argument for this transfer other than "he's better than McTomi nay" which is debatable at best and can be debunked with recent performance data.

Literally everything else is a red flag

- never fulfilled potential
- on the decline
- prone to laziness and disruption when not happy
- hated by his own fan base, club and country
- disruptive agent and family
- will demand high wages

DevTheRed

The McT stats comparison was posted on social media by clout chasers looking for likes. We shouldn't be paying credence to such nonsense at all, and anyone who even thinks the two are similar should automatically be disregarded for their opinion.
Completely agree.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
you have to go back to 17-18 to see those stats which is what worries people for a big wage
Agree, I think that's a valid concern. And at just 27 years old, I'd love to know what the problem was exactly. Attitude? Different league? Used differently? No idea. But it's a very evident drop-off.

But comparing him to McTominay based on last season's stats as if that's an accurate reflection of his level generally is very selective.

Redcy

Football is a team game, so I'd be more interested in knowing if he can hold his position in midfield? can he track a man? can he position himself to help the defence?

My main problem with McFred is how erratic and open they both play, leaving gapping holes in the middle of the pitch and letting runners pass them by without doing jack shit to stop them.
If he plays as a dm yes, but he is going to be a box to box player

Red Rash

Erik trying to pull a Rabiot out of his hat with this signing

Where did I leave my coat?

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
That's not true. Go on the Juve reddit and look at when it was announced Kulu was leaving. A significant portion recognised how talented he was and said he'd have a great career elsewhere. No one is saying that about Rabiot.
Im talking about the Juve forum where the negative comments are coming from surrounding Rabiot

SteveTheRed

We are practically begging people to join us.

We are where talent goes to die, overpaid prima donna's can roam freely cashing in the last few pay cheques, below average players can increase their social media following.

The season has well and truly started and my hopium is at critical levels.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Yet to hear a single positive argument for this transfer other than "he's better than McTomi nay" which is debatable at best and can be debunked with recent performance data.

Literally everything else is a red flag

- never fulfilled potential
- on the decline
- prone to laziness and disruption when not happy
- hated by his own fan base, club and country
- disruptive agent and family
- will demand high wages
you made half of these up :lol:

Castia

Zakaria is the replacement at Juve.

You know the guy Ragnick wanted for €4m back in January.

Redcy

Agree, I think that's a valid concern. And at just 27 years old, I'd love to know what the problem was exactly. Attitude? Different league? Used differently? No idea. But it's a very evident drop-off.

But comparing him to McTominay based on last season's stats as if that's an accurate reflection of his level generally is very selective.
I mean yeah he is clearly more talented than Mctominay, the questions are is he able to find that higher level. I suppose we have to go with eth on this now. He is going to live and die by this window.

NewYorkRed

What are the stories that makes you think he is a prick?
Went clubbing after we knocked psg out of the CL. Refused to be a back up for the French team. His mom speaking to managers/causing a multitude of other issues. Tuchel dropping him for being unprofessional….

JB7

At the risk of coming across almost positive about this move, surely this is why we're looking at him? He wins more ball, simple as that. He's not there to be overly progressive with it, they'll want him to win the ball and give it to Fernandes, Eriksen, De Jong (if that happens), Sancho etc. He wouldn't be my pick but it's pretty easy to see why Ten Hag might want him in the time over McTominay.

McTominay left, Rabiot right:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Went clubbing after we knocked psg out of the CL. Refused to be a back up for the French team. His mom speaking to managers/causing a multitude of other issues. Tuchel dropping him for being unprofessional….
Tuchel didn't drop him for being unprofessional, about half of the PSG teams had the habit of clubbing before and after CL games. And there hasn't been a multitude of other issues.

Loony BoB

What was McTominay's?
Best Juventus season vs best United season, probably the same one - 2020/21.

https://www.squawka.com/en/comparison-matrix/?compare=SMTucmZBmwoChu7CUuCFv

tl;dr that season:
McT notably wins for ball recoveries, creating chances, forward passes, aerial duels contested, clearances.
Rabiot notably wins for shots, not losing possession, long pass accuracy, through balls attempted, successful lay-offs, passes completed in own half, backward passes, tackles made, take-ons completed, interceptions.
Not too far off each other everywhere else. Notable stats such as pass accuracy, passes completed in opposition half, sideways passes, aerial duel success rate favour Rabiot, while ground duel success, not conceding fouls via tackles and shot accuracy favour McT.

I'm wary of including the PSG stats as they were quite some time ago and arguably with an insanely high team-to-league ratio to what we or Juventus have, which can flatter.

Nogho

Rabiot has been a regular in PSG, Juventus and the France international side. Won a lot of titles and is only 27. A lot of the names that is thrown around in this thread are players who never won a single title or played in a top team in Europe. Amazing. I would love the guy to come to us. Would be BIG improvement over Scott, especially in the type of football player ETH looking for.

Welcome Rabiot!

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Because it's different, I'm sorry, but's it's embarrassing and emasculating for a grown man's career to be defined by the fact he's mom's a bitch and you better please her or she's going to track down your manager or teammates and go full Karen on them.
It's not different. It's just lazy sexist tabloid nonsense which we are not going to perpetuate without a better argument than 'because it's different'.

Tony247

Sounds like a United signing
We already have VdB on whom we endlessly debate why was he bought, what is his strength, what system he plays...add Rabiot to that and lets all go bonkers.

Loony BoB

At the risk of coming across almost positive about this move, surely this is why we're looking at him? He wins more ball, simple as that. He's not there to be overly progressive with it, they'll want him to win the ball and give it to Fernandes, Eriksen, De Jong (if that happens), Sancho etc. He wouldn't be my pick but it's pretty easy to see why Ten Hag might want him in the time over McTominay.

This is really interesting. The only time I've seen a stats comparison that I can acknowledge as very much working in Rabiot's favour. The PSG stats are just so deceptive when they play with a full world class level team against teams that would struggle to make the playoffs in the Championship. McT's stats would probably look pretty great if he played a season in PSG too. Seriously, thanks for actually putting in something that really demonstrates what he can add.

Sidenote, I am happy to defend McT but to say he has made 0 errors is a blatant lie and we all know that much. I wonder what this stats algorithm counts as an error.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

Interesting

Drainy

Can't wait to see the reaction when they become our fist choice partnership in midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.