Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Not being content with being a bench player is mental weakness?
He made 227 appearance for PSG from 17-24 and 129 for Juve from 24-27 - hardly a massive difference, he cried to his mum about wanting a star role when he never justified it.

He'll continue to cry to his mum when things inevitably go wrong here, can't believe some actually want him here!

McFred need to be replaced, but if our DoF can only target players with questionable characters then there's something wrong.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He is decent, he can do pretty much everything at a good level. It's unimpressive but it's done at a good level. In a very good team he is a bench option, for us likely a starter.
Yeah I just did a quick search to see what I'd said about him over the years (when I watched him a bit more) as I can't remember now. But it wasn't good.

Still, if he's cheap I'm sure he'll be better than what we have. Which will have to do for now.

Teja

You want to go all in on a young player who has zero experience of men's football? That would be doing him no favours at all and could really damage his career. He needs handling carefully, 5-10 starts and some sub appearances this season and let's see how he goes.
Was there ever a young player whose career was damaged through too many starts?

Cédric Sophie

Oh my goodness. Still an upgrade on McFred though but can he come alone please. Don't want his mum near our club.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He complaining about playing time when he was 17-18 and asked to be loaned if he wasn't used, which was the right thing to do. The 2018 thing is big mistake that he made, owned and was forgiven by Deschamps who is fairly stubborn.

Neither of these things have anything to do with the image that you are trying to portray.
We'll have to agree to disagree then, and I hope I'm not proved right if he does come here.

The Law of Denis

People acting like we can't be desperate.

It is obvious we messed up this window. Everyone knows we are desperate and the horror show from yesterday where Fred gave away goals and McTominay nearly getting sent off.

Is Raboit better than McTominay/Fred? Yes

Will he get us competing with City/Liverpool? No

But that is not the challenge, our challenge is barely staying above West Ham/Newcastle. If we wanted the best players, we should have done much better in the market much earlier.

AdNani

I actually think he'd be a good addition in addition to De Jong

De Jong, Rabiot, Eriksen, Bruno and McFred isn't bad.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We'll have to agree to disagree then, and I hope I'm not proved right if he does come here.
Just one last thing, you seem to think that he left PSG due to playing time or being considered a star?

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
It is. Bepi's point is an exaggeration based on underwhelming performances from the team in the past 18 months but none of these players are terrible, they are from it.
There are two bandwagons going on with our current sh*t predicament: it is Allegri’s fault vs it is the players’. If you consider these same players were doing pretty bad with Sarri and Pirlo as well, you have your answer, even if Allegri may be a past-it manager by now.

Castia

Juve take Pogba on a free then we pay them for a fecking crap midfielder that’s been on the transfer list for 2 months.

:lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You want to go all in on a young player who has zero experience of men's football? That would be doing him no favours at all and could really damage his career. He needs handling carefully, 5-10 starts and some sub appearances this season and let's see how he goes.
Yes, i'd rather play him and see than spunk more wasted money on another mercenary that won't be up to it.

I really liked what we saw in pre season and he looks ready to take the step up. Everybody has to start somewhere.

avgp_1

You'd be surprised at how some of these midfielders at other top teams look like they're not good enough, but will come here and look quality amongst our dross.

I am abolutely behind signing a few players like this right now IF it means we can bring a few in before the window closes. Or perhaps even reinvest the FDJ money on a really good attacker or two. We simply need to get McFred out of there.
Absolutely. He is not good enough for a Top 2 team but for us he will be miles better than what we have. Right now we are staring at 6-8 IMO with the team we have if EtH can do his magic. For around £20-25m he is fine

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Rather strange that everyone has been crying for upgrades for the short term and this is just that . I think you can sign him and then plan over the next year or so about bigger signings
How many times have we heard this though? “Oh just get so and so now and address it properly next year”. We said this last year when we got Ronaldo. And the year before with Cavani. And the year before with Ighalo. Now here we are with Arnautović saying the same thing. At some point you have to stop buying 34 year olds and address the actual problem. It just points to an extreme lack of planning, something Murtough was supposed to fix in his role as DoF.

Dannn411

He's not bad if he's one of at least two mids being signed but would be terrible if he's the only mid being brought in.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Absolutely. He is not good enough for a Top 2 team but for us he will be miles better than what we have. Right now we are staring at 6-8 IMO with the team we have if EtH can do his magic. For around £20-25m he is fine
Eriksen is proof of it. He's never been a top calibre player, but look how he stands out here for being technically proficient.

Marcelinho87

Murtough and his scouts are a fecking embarrassment
I like how Murtough is now the scapegoat... Maybe this is all Arnold is giving him! Arnold is the one who has replaced Woodward and maybe he's just as shit?

Ooooor maybe, EtH is going for cheap names because he can't get the actual players he wants so he is signing stop gaps?

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Juve take Pogba on a free then we pay them for a fecking crap midfielder that’s been on the transfer list for 2 months.

:lol:
Pogba is a crock, we all know… at least, Rabiot shows up and plays game after game.:lol:

hobbers

Lose 1 deadwood on a free to Juve and then pay them £25m to take another deadwood.

kirk buttercup

How many times have we heard this though? “Oh just get so and so now and address it properly next year”. We said this last year when we got Ronaldo. And the year before with Cavani. And the year before with Ighalo. Now here we are with Arnautović saying the same thing. At some point you have to stop buying 34 year olds and address the actual problem. It just points to an extreme lack of planning, something Murtough is supposed to counteract.
Tbf Greenwood was supposed to be the next RVP and we all expected Rashford and Martial to do more . Between those 3 and Sancho and now Garnacho coming through you would have expected more than what we are getting .

cyberman

Or footballing excellence.
Does he need to stand out to us or show qualities that Ten Hag thinks he can mould and use in our team?
This is a man who took Halller from West Ham and turned him into a goal scoring machine, he had Tadic run the game v Madrid at the Bernabeu.
Rabiot is a regular starter for France, the only good manager Juve have had in years in Allegri brought him back into the side. There’s obviously something there that managers think they can work with

Nickosaur

Don't think anyone rates him particularly highly, and clearly the scouting team needs a complete overhaul.

But any player who is an improvement on McTominay should be considered at this point.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Can he pass a football? If he can he must be better than the two usual starters.

AkaAkuma

There are two bandwagons going on with our current sh*t predicament: it is Allegri’s fault vs it is the players’. If you consider these same players were doing pretty bad with Sarri and Pirlo as well, you have your answer, even if Allegri may be a past-it manager by now.
How has Rabiot been for Juve and has there been an examples of him having an inflated ego?

gica_7

Don't think anyone rates him particularly highly, and clearly the scouting team needs a complete overhaul.

But any player who is an improvement on McTominay should be considered at this point.
But, the word was the overhaul was done already? Whether it has been done or not, is it the best they come up with?

Status
Not open for further replies.