Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robindinho

So we lose 8 players (we needed to upgrade the squad regardless), and our window is looking like:

Malacia
Eriksen
Martinez
Arnautovic
Rabiot

We're a fecking disgrace.

CM

Jesus. At what point are we going to stop writing off seasons, this feels like active sabotage now.

Rocknrolla69er

I actually think he'd be a good addition in addition to De Jong

De Jong, Rabiot, Eriksen, Bruno and McFred isn't bad.
Mcfred is bad should be nower near the club even as backup, young hungry players who can move off the ball and receive and link defence to attack as backup please

romufc

Has someone just found our scouting book from 8 years ago and thought ooh, these look good!

ffs bet we start negotiating a deal for Vidal now too.
I heard they tried to convince Fabregas to come to Unite. :houllier:

Godfather

So we lose 8 players (we needed to upgrade the squad regardless), and our window is looking like:

Malacia
Eriksen
Martinez
Arnautovic
Rabiot

We're a fecking disgrace.
Bunch of has-beens and 2 totally unkown quantities. The all brand new United

El Jefe

Not a fan of him at all but he is better than all our natural CMs so its a case of beggars can't be choosers.

To me he's a CM that doesn't excel at anything but if we can add another CM signing better than him I'd be all for that.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

cyberman

From a Juve fan on Reddit

People in this thread of course bring up his mum because they remember the issues he had at PSG, but there’s been none of that as a Juventus player, despite the fact that we’ve dropped down the table and we’ve had three different managers since he signed. He’s not been a toxic personality at all.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Rabiot and Arnautovic in. We taking city, liverpool and chelsea to war this season.

Joseunited

Nah I'm done with this club slowly but surely. This is getting beyond ridiculous.
So what happens when you're "done"with a club?
Be very careful otherwise you'll be spending Saturday afternoons shopping with the wife.
All of a sudden Rabiot doesn't sound so bad does it:wenger:

Wing Attack Plan R

Would genuinely rather see Iqbal & Garner given the year there while we do some actual fecking scouting, if that's what it takes. Rabiot would be just another overpaid flop we'd be stuck with in a year or twos time.
Seconded. It’s a rebuilding year, might as well develop some of our prospects. Garner and Iqbal would have been an upgrade, not to mention Garnacho and Laird. Rabi-fecking-ot is not getting us too 4, and signing him would block our academy players’ progress.

we still need to buy the right players for this system.

Johan77

Rabiot started 28 times and came on 4 times for Juve in Serie A last year, most of them as a hybrid left / left central midfielder, but also a handful of times as a more defensive midfielder. This was under Allegri who changed formations a lot
The year before he started 25 times and came on 9 times in a midfield 2, scored 5 times. This was under Pirlo, who only played 4-4-2.
Under Sarri in his first year at Juve, he started 21 times and came on 7 times, he played either to the right or left of the 3 man central midfield.

He had a player rating at WhoScored of 6,82 last year, 6,90 in 20/21 and 6,82 in 19/20. On the other hand, McTominay has higher ratings in all 3 seasons....

::sonny::

Rabiot runs a lot, great physically. Would be an important signing

Dunno why juve are desperate to sell him and he is hated by juve fans

I see a swap deal with martial

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Rabiot started 28 times and came on 4 times for Juve in Serie A last year, most of them as a hybrid left / left central midfielder, but also a handful of times as a more defensive midfielder. This was under Allegri who changed formations a lot
The year before he started 25 times and came on 9 times in a midfield 2, scored 5 times. This was under Pirlo, who only played 4-4-2.
Under Sarri in his first year at Juve, he started 21 times and came on 7 times, he played either to the right or left of the 3 man central midfield.

He had a player rating at WhoScored of 6,82 last year, 6,90 in 20/21 and 6,82 in 19/20. On the other hand, McTominay has higher ratings in all 3 seasons....
To be fair McTominay would usually drop a 10.00 performance against Leeds every season to higher his average rating.

hobbers

I like how Murtough is now the scapegoat... Maybe this is all Arnold is giving him! Arnold is the one who has replaced Woodward and maybe he's just as shit?

Ooooor maybe, EtH is going for cheap names because he can't get the actual players he wants so he is signing stop gaps?
Murtough is the one responsible for choosing and negotiating transfer targets.

We have money to spend, we know that from De Jong. We dont need to be doing bargain basement shopping for Serie A's most unwanted players.

Mainoldo

Some positivity atleast. But we need De Jong too.

Godfather

So what happens when you're "done"with a club?
Be very careful otherwise you'll be spending Saturday afternoons shopping with the wife.
All of a sudden Rabiot doesn't sound so bad does it:wenger:
Watching my missus try on the 10th dress that she decides she doesn't like is still better for my blood pressure than watching McT stumbling over his own feet week in week out I guess.

ShinjiNinja26

This just stinks of desperation. Yet another transfer window with us at panic stations with a few weeks of the window to go trying to get bodies in for the sake of it because we’ve fecked around for months chasing a player who doesn’t even want to leave his club. Absolutely no planning yet again, so much for waiting to sign the “right” players. Watching us yesterday and at no point did I think the solution to our problems was Adrien fecking Rabiot. :houllier:

DevilRed

Class player ON HIS DAY.

Those are the key words. ON HIS DAY.

We have alot of these types already.

feckit though. I can't take another season of mcfred. Rabiot has more talent in his left testicle than those two put together.

Also, another midfielder should have been signed MONTHS ago.

Its so fecking unacceptable we only are trying to sign FDJ. There should be at least one other central midfielder coming in ALONG WITH FDJ.

Superunknown

I feel like there's some kind of random footballer generator that we're using to decide who our transfer targets are.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Rabiot is toxic and he's not a very good player either. United are repeating all the mistakes we've done under Woodward. Its almost as if our DOF is Woodward's man. Oh wait, he is

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Has someone just found our scouting book from 8 years ago and thought ooh, these look good!

ffs bet we start negotiating a deal for Vidal now too.
Our recruitment the last few years would make a sick team on Fifa 10.

Victor Valdes, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Falcao, Zlatan, Alexis Sanchez, Cavani, Ronaldo...

All past their best and on big money. Just shocking mismanagement.

Terminator

Runs a lot? Even McT runs a lot. If that's his best characteristic, we are truly done for. :lol:

Houdini

Not the type of signing we should looking for but huge upgrade over McFred. However, that can be said about a lot of midfielders. Olly if he is cheap to bring in another player ST or RB.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Luckhurst has been going IN the last 24 hours. Hope more journos decide to as well, this club needs proper exposing.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Arnautovic - no thanks, but I’d have no issue with Rabiot in addition to FDJ. I always liked him in Paris.

More importantly, I am pleased that the manager has at least only taken one game to realise that the current midfield is totally unacceptable.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Runs a lot? Even McT runs a lot. If that's his best characteristic, we are truly done for. :lol:
He obviously does more than that. You don’t go to the Euros with France if you just run alot

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Honestly it’s difficult for people to accept but we are not really competing at the top now, we are basically trying our best to make sure we can come 6th. Hardly anyone from our 11 yesterday would start for the top 5.

MrEleson

I watched this guy for the majority of his time at Juve. Painfully average player that won’t improve us one bit.

Another panic signing because we can’t get our targets. He’s really no better than McT or Fred. The latter id say is even better than him and he doesn’t play #6 or want to so what’s really the point?

diarm

Shipping out Pogba and Lingard only to replace them with Rabiot and Arnautovic sounds like a joke someone would make before the window.

"United are such a circus, we'll probably manage to..."

Godfather

Rabiot runs a lot, great physically. Would be an important signing

Dunno why juve are desperate to sell him and he is hated by juve fans

I see a swap deal with martial
There's zero chance we let Martial go this window

AndySmith1990

Running around a lot was the one thing Lingard always used to get praised for. I guess United fans enjoy watching people run a lot. Oh and they must run quickly. Anyone lacking pace is shit. Oh and they must be tall. We want tall, fast players who run a lot. Yep

Swedish_Plumber

Panic panic panic. Why not sign him before the season started? At least it would’ve been something different to the shite served up last season and then to nobody’s surprise, yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.