Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldanoGraham

Certainly not an ideal solution but if we have to have a stepping stone in the short term then that’s got to be better than McFred…..

at this stage anything would appease the masses

Would love us to turn to Garner or Iqbal though

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Honestly it’s difficult for people to accept but we are not really competing at the top now, we are basically trying our best to make sure we can come 6th. Hardly anyone from our 11 yesterday would start for the top 5.
So our solution is to sign more players that wouldn’t feature in any of the top 5 sides. The Plan.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Rabiot runs a lot, great physically. Would be an important signing

Dunno why juve are desperate to sell him and he is hated by juve fans

I see a swap deal with martial
Because he’s fecking shit, anyone with functioning eyes can see that.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Shipping out Pogba and Lingard only to replace them with Rabiot and Arnautovic sounds like a joke someone would make before the window.

"United are such a circus, we'll probably manage to..."
Both are discount versions of the players were threw out.

Irony is that we're actually going to lose money replacing players with weaker replacements. A fecking joke..

Siorac

We are in this tricky situation where on one hand we should not be buying players who are clearly not good enough to play at the highest level and we will never win trophies with, on the other our team is so bad that even a player like Rabiot would probably significantly improve it. It's quite clear we cannot identify talent so we will probably go down the route of picking up the pieces.

Also, you can bet he won't be a short term solution. Once we buy him he'll be here for 5-6 years like every single shit player we bought.
It feels like a maze with no way out. We keep turning corners but they all lead to dead ends.

ashneel

I remember his mum going all mental towards Mbappe's parents or some other French player at Stade de France.. That's an incoming disaster and a gift for the tabloids

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
From what I can see in this thread there’s not a single Serie A supporting poster with a good word to say about him.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
So our solution is to sign more players that wouldn’t feature in any of the top 5 sides. The Plan.
No but it’s difficult to buy top stars in this position but we need to improve the floor first. I think Rabiot won’t get us anywhere big but he definitely improves the floor

Houdini

Class player ON HIS DAY.

Those are the key words. ON HIS DAY.

We have alot of these types already.

feckit though. I can't take another season of mcfred. Rabiot has more talent in his left testicle than those two put together.

Also, another midfielder should have been signed MONTHS ago.

Its so fecking unacceptable we only are trying to sign FDJ. There should be at least one other central midfielder coming in ALONG WITH FDJ.
McT is class on his day too. The problem is those days are very rare.

DevilRed

She sounds like she's exactly what we need, maybe it's her we really want.
Wouldn't be unhappy with her calling the glazers every week :lol:

But in all seriousness, the clown show was only at PSG. At Juve not a peep from her.

foolsgold

Certainly not an ideal solution but if we have to have a stepping stone in the short term then that’s got to be better than McFred…..

at this stage anything would appease the masses

Would love us to turn to Garner or Iqbal though
I'm at the same position, McTom in particular was awful yesterday, Rabiot at 27 with a good fitness record at least gives us some squad depth, but yeah would have preferred to see Jimmy Garner play instead.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
He obviously does more than that. You don’t go to the Euros with France if you just run alot
Kleberson won a world cup. There are tons of nothing players who have been on world cup winning teams.

Skills

Snitch
Running around a lot was the one thing Lingard always used to get praised for. I guess United fans enjoy watching people run a lot. Oh and they must run quickly. Anyone lacking pace is shit. Oh and they must be tall. We want tall, fast players who run a lot. Yep
I mean this isn't far from the truth. Man United fans hate flair, but love grafty players.

Most of our fans would genuinely enjoy conference league football more than the CL.

DevilRed

McT is class on his day too. The problem is those days are very rare.
Absolutely.

Rabiot would walk into our midfield.

He'd get plenty of playing time because anybody with even an ounce of talent would immediately oust fred and mctominay from the first eleven.

Speako

I mean I don’t know which is more amusing. Us buying Rabiot, or the faces of the Juve supporters as McTom runs out in the black and white stripes.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
We are in this tricky situation where on one hand we should not be buying players who are clearly not good enough to play at the highest level and we will never win trophies with, on the other our team is so bad that even a player like Rabiot would probably significantly improve it. It's quite clear we cannot identify talent so we will probably go down the route of picking up the pieces.

Also, you can bet he won't be a short term solution. Once we buy him he'll be here for 5-6 years like every single shit player we bought.
Pretty much.

We aren't an attractive proposition to a player like FDJ, probably even less so after yesterday.

The inability of our scouting network to identify good, relatively "unknown" options from smaller clubs means that we are left scraping the do-not-wants from other big clubs or well known past-its and what not.

Rabiot will improve our midfield significantly for a few years, sorry state of affairs but that's how it is. At this stage... we probably deserve him.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Quality player on his day. Other Juve cast offs have done well at Spurs and let’s be honest we are not at Spurs level at the moment.

Mctominey is single handed my our worst player by some distance and this is a like for like replacement but much better.

I’m not against this deal at all his mother hasn’t been an issue at Juve.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Pretty much.

We aren't an attractive proposition to a player like FDJ, probably even less so after yesterday.

The inability of our scouting network to identify good, relatively "unknown" options from smaller clubs means that we are left scraping the do-not-wants from other big clubs or well known past-its and what not.

Rabiot will improve our midfield significantly for a few years, sorry state of affairs but that's how it is. At this stage... we probably deserve him.
This is not true though, we highlight them all the time. We just never gamble on them - Caicedo is a prime example and most of the people on here said he wasn't worth the gamble.

Gavinb33

Going from Pogba to Rabiot is such a massive downgrade in everything but fitness. This guy has failed to confirm anytime he's shown the very real talent he's always had.

People that weren't keen on Pogba here due to lack of intensity/leadership and agent antics, be prepared for more and worse.
Sounds exactly like Pogba to be fair

DevilRed

Neves suddenly looks like a very attractive proposition.
Why is it always either or with us?

We should be signing Rabiot, Neves AND FDJ.

Get rid of Fred. Get rid of McT.

A top team doesn't just have ONE good central midfielder. You need a fecking plethora of them.

feck the glazers.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Kleberson won a world cup. There are tons of nothing players who have been on world cup winning teams.
I never mentioned the world cup. Anyway the point is you don't get selected for the France midfield for just being a runner. He is a decent to good midfielder, his passing isn't great but he is a good ball winner and defensive midfielder.

kirk buttercup

Rabiot Donny ( and he is a maybe a ,big maybe) and Erikson in the midfield ? If we can add FDJ that's a significantly better midfield . They may be able to unlock sancho and Ronaldo and hopefully Garnacho. Rabiot wouldn't be my pick but as I said better than where we are at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.