Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
@VP89

Replying here as the other thread is locked.

It might be a concern, it might not be. It depends on why his stats dropped off so much.

But if you're trying to make an argument as to which of McTominay and Rabiot is the better player generally, it doesn't make any sense to limit the comparison to just the most recent season.

Pintu

So now that we established what he probably didn't earn at Juve, what did he earn at Juve?
He earned 7 M after taxes, but that was because most players joining Italy since 2019 had some tax cuts that made it possible. See for exemple De Ligt making higher net wage than Dybala from a lower gross wage.

I would assume so as well. Would be surprised if Juve, masters of overpaying for free transfers, managed to sign him for 'just' 145k. They paid Ramsey 400k ffs
That 400k was never true. Just a myth invented by some random London-centered propaganda to explain how a player could leave the mighty Arsenal for a lesser club in a lesser league.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He is older, but supposedly In his prime, and doesn’t seem keen on the move hence he needs convincing.

his mother, againfrom gods reporting wants a pay increase to 10m net, which I can’t see is doing, so will probably end up back at around his net level surely?
The only reports about 10m is from a website that no one has a clue about, no one else reported it as far as I know. And Rabiot is not in a situation where he has more than one club offering him what Juventus offered him as a free agent.

The convincing could easily be about the length of the term or the type of performances bonuses linked to it. No one has a clue about what he wants and what United offered.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
@VP89

Replying here as the other thread is locked.

It might be a concern, it might not be. It depends on why his stats dropped off so much.

But if you're trying to make an argument as to which of McTominay and Rabiot is the better player generally, it doesn't make any sense to limit the comparison to just the most recent season.
I agree.

My hope is that he is terribly blunt because Alllegri fails to unlock him properly.

Litch

Weird signing but a much better footballer than people give him credit for…..

JPRouve

Scout
I agree.

My hope is that he is terribly blunt because Alllegri fails to unlock him properly.
All their players have had the same trend, the least affected as been Arthur. It's obviously a systemic issue for all of them, now there is an other issue with Rabiot it's the wage he may demand in relation to his status in the squad which is seemingly the only issue at Juventus since Allegri allegedly trusts him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He earned 7 M after taxes, but that was because most players joining Italy since 2019 had some tax cuts that made it possible. See for exemple De Ligt making higher net wage than Dybala from a lower gross wage.

That 400k was never true. Just a myth invented by some random London-centered propaganda to explain how a player could leave the mighty Arsenal for a lesser club in a lesser league.
Ronaldo :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
All their players have had the same trend, the least affected as been Arthur. It's obviously a systemic issue for all of them, now there is an other issue with Rabiot it's the wage he may demand in relation to his status in the squad which is seemingly the only issue at Juventus since Allegri allegedly trusts him.
Cheers.

And what is your view on Rabiot as a signing for us? I know you would have a good idea about the French names

Mainoldo

Why is it a cop out? You don't have to provide an alternative every time you disagree with something.
Well if you can’t. Why are you disagreeing? There has to be logic behind your disagreement. Normal logic will be we can do better. Well okay. Who is better?

If you don’t have the answer to that maybe don’t have an opinion.

Idxomer

People need to look at the difference between Juventus' possession and passing stats in the last 2 seasons and they will see why their players' stats were affected. They went from having 57% possession on average under Pirlo to just 51.7% under Allegri.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I agree.

Yep.

If I was inclined to be optimistic (and I'm not) I'd argue that targeting a player who is undervalued in the market because of the way he's currently being used is a shrewd, analytics-friendly approach finding value.

If we think his current price/availability is heavily influenced by last season's performances for Juve (as reflected in those poor stats) but that in our team and system he'd perform to a higher level (more reflective of his previous stats for PSG) then it's a good profile of player to target. His poor last season ironically making him a more attractive transfer.

But we'd need to know in detail what qualities we're looking for from him, why he dropped off at Juve and how we're projecting him to perform in our team. And we the fans don't, so for all we know he could actually just end up being a bit crap.

OmarUnited4ever

He supposed to earn 9m gross. And as a foreigner, he is supposed to only pay half of the income taxes that an italian player would.
This is true, he is on €7M net, so and in Italy foreign players pay 21.5% in taxes, so his gross is around €8.5M.

If we believe the rumors of him demanding €10M, and assuming this a net salary, then that is £8.4M, so in gross it's approximately £12.2M, or £234K weekly, which a huge hike he is not worthy of.

but if the €10M he demanded is in gross, then its £8.4M annually or £161K weekly which is acceptable and in line with what the other players are paid.

My worry is if the club pays a lot of money in agent fees to his mother, that would be extortionate and not worth going ahead with.

Redcy

This is true, he is on €7M net, so and in Italy foreign players pay 21.5% in taxes, so his gross is around €8.5M.

If we believe the rumors of him demanding €10M, and assuming this a net salary, then that is £8.4M, so in gross it's approximately £12.2M, or £234K weekly, which a huge hike he is not worthy of.

but if the €10M he demanded is in gross, then its £8.4M annually or £161K weekly which is acceptable and in line with what the other players are paid.

My worry is if the club pays a lot of money in agent fees to his mother, that would be extortionate and not worth going ahead with.
The mother has said he expects a pay rise from whet I have read, how reliable that info is I don't know. I can''t see him taking a pay drop down to 85k a week? Not sure who puts that him in line with at the club, but I just dont see it.

Water Melon

We have agreed a deal with Juve, so are we in discussions with the player's agent now and finalizing the personal terms?

JPRouve

Scout
Cheers.

And what is your view on Rabiot as a signing for us? I know you would have a good idea about the French names
I think that he is a decent player but nothing to write home about. He is complete but has one flaw that people in this thread can't get over, he isn't an adventurous passer, too often he will chose the safe possession pass over the more impactful vertical one even though he is perfectly able to do the latter. Now from a financial standpoint, his wage demands could be quite high and not warranted.

OmarUnited4ever

The mother has said he expects a pay rise from whet I have read, how reliable that info is I don't know. I can''t see him taking a pay drop down to 85k a week? Not sure who puts that him in line with at the club, but I just dont see it.
if you referring to net amount, then that puts him in line with Eriksen, Shaw, more than others like Martinez and Lindelof, remember the wages in the UK are always quoted in Gross amount, for example Rashford earns £200K weekly, but he takes home £110K only.

Speako

That graph really highlights the lack of world class quality in Italy these days. Especially when you look at where the top 6 earners now reside.

Grande

I’m curious about - if he wants to come to us over Juventus - wether he will be interested and able to play in a CDM spot. Dour years or so ago he wanted to olay further up the pitch, but many things may have changed. Who here has seen anything about him playing CDM or as a 6 for Juve or France these last three years?

Trex

How many days does it take to sort out personal terms, we'll have to rely on McFred vs Brentford again.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Who do you want instead?
Is that really the point? Taking any old crap is exactly why we are where we are as a football club.

I'd sooner save the money, wages and issue of creating more deadwood and give Garner a proper chance tbh. I'm sure I'm not alone there either.

Juve fans are laughing at us on their forums. They can't believe it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
you need a reality check mate this is where we are
We are desperate for midfielders, he upgrades our team, suck it up butter cup
Let's come back to this comment in May to see if it's true. Personally I don't think he will do any better than what we have.

redcucumber

Locatelli seems to have relatively good numbers from last season (according to Fbref), as well as Arthur?

davidmichael

If we’re to sign a midfielder from Juve then surely it’d make far more sense to go in for Arthur no ? Stylistically he’s far closer to De Jong and a far better fit for an ETH system than Rabiot ? This screams of panic buy and a case of signing someone is better than signing no one.

JPRouve

Scout
Locatelli seems to have relatively good numbers from last season (according to Fbref), as well as Arthur?
I already mentioned Arthur as the exception, his stats are worse but fairly stable. Locatelli figures plummeted compared to his figures with Sassuolo the previous season, he went from 88 pass attempts per game to 60. His assists, key passes and pass completion per game went down, his overall creativity went down. The carries per 90 went down drastically from 69 to 47. The total amount of touches went from 99 to 71. Even defensively it has been worse.

And I don't think that Locatelli turned into a pumpkin overnight, he has simply been used in a different role within a team that plays conservatively and often without the ball.

r1z3mu

Weird signing but a much better footballer than people give him credit for…..
This is exactly my thinking. I've seen him play - he is much better than McT. If we are giving him "normal" salary I'm all for this signing.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Looking like this will be done after the Brentford game. Could do with another midfielder in aswell for the Liverpool game. Also we’re desperate for attackers.

Devil may care

During his 3 years at Juventus he played 94 out of a maximum 114 league matches - in his 2 last seasons he missed a total of 10 league matches. During the last 6 seasons at PSG, he played a total of 227 games. For someone who is a "waster" - he certainly is popular with the managers, because they all play him. Allegri played him, Sarri played him, Pirlo played him, Blanc played him, Emery played him and Tuchel played him. That's 6 fairly decent managers who all played a "waster" - and I have a feeling they know a bit more about football than you do.
You mean like how many successive managers have used McTominay despite the fact he's shite? Now JIuve are happy to offload him for buttons and nobody else is even interested at that price, but sure, me and the tonnes of other United fans who know he's mediocre are the ones who are wrong, people are just trying to delude themselves because we've fecked this window up so badly.

Didn't you get the memo about negativity?

On a more serious note: I understand you being angry because of the transfer shortcomings, pretty sure most people aren't happy about this. But you are mixing many things together. Obviously nobody is for giving Rabiot a 200k per week deal on 5 year contract. Same as nobody suggests to go for Neves for 80 million quid. But this is stuff that can be influence by us so no need to rant before things are published.
I think, it is fine for a fan like you to just write off the season - keep McFred, try the youth, but the decision makers won't have it so easy. At the end of the day, the sponsoring partners won't like to be connected with a team having no ambition. Same as the season ticket holder who spent a fortune for the ability to watch the games. It is easier said than done.

I am with you, there is some damage already done this transfer window. But there is still a chance to reduce the mess. Of course, the decisions should still be sensible but every transfer that gives us more options like Fred and McTominay is at least a step in the right direction.
More options are pointless if they've mediocre which Rabiot and Savic are, Neves isn't much better than those 2 either, I can't see any point in pouring more money down the drain to basically still battle Villa, West ham and Newcastle for 6th spot, leaving us less money for next summer and a squad even more bloated than it was with freshly signed crap we can't sell. None of the players we are linked with will turn us into a top 4 contender so shouldn't be bought.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
No, the figure was correct, they just reported it in a sensationalistic way and inflated it with a signing bonus on top of it - which was incorrect. Ramsey got as high as £400k a week including the signing bonus spread over the lenght of the deal

Real Name

You mean like how many successive managers have used McTominay despite the fact he's shite? Now JIuve are happy to offload him for buttons and nobody else is even interested at that price, but sure, me and the tonnes of other United fans who know he's mediocre are the ones who are wrong, people are just trying to delude themselves because we've fecked this window up so badly.

More options are pointless if they've mediocre which Rabiot and Savic are, Neves isn't much better than those 2 either, I can't see any point in pouring more money down the drain to basically still battle Villa, West ham and Newcastle for 6th spot, leaving us less money for next summer and a squad even more bloated than it was with freshly signed crap we can't sell. None of the players we are linked with will turn us into a top 4 contender so shouldn't be bought.
So if FDJ isn't coming, what would be your solution?

arthurka

Hope we go elsewhere, this guy can actually go and ...... and take his mother with him.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Completely forgot about this guy. Wasn't he tipped for great things a few years ago? Seems to have dropped off the radar, and Bayern didn't go for him so must not've been all that
Didn't have a good season last time out and was beginning to lose his place in the starting XI. I think he gained form towards the end of the season though but his reputation has gone down a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.