Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He is making a case against Rabiot so I will give him a pass. Does this mean he won’t be on MUTV for a while?
I'm not sold on Rabiot either, but when your case is "I haven't heard of him" when he's got 200 games for PSG, 100 for Juventus and 30 for France and "How many goals does he score?" when he's a defensive mid... I'd expect Paul Merson to make more sense ffs.

dove

He is making a case against Rabiot so I will give him a pass. Does this mean he won’t be on MUTV for a while?
I don't watch MUTV but if he is usually like that, he should have been long gone. Like who can seriously listen to him.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Not seen any of him at Juve, but if we can get him back playing to his PSG level he will be a good signing. If he's the only midfield signing it's very underwhelming, if he comes with another good CM, I think we'll see huge improvements.

The speed to close space and opposition. The calmness on the ball we don't have anything close to that.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Hilarious this subtle narrative that gets pushed about the Glazers as though if Lou Macari or David May speak out against a potential transfer on MUTV they’re imprisoned at the Ministry of Love.

Ted Lasso

Not seen any of him at Juve, but if we can get him back playing to his PSG level he will be a good signing. If he's the only midfield signing it's very underwhelming, if he comes with another good CM, I think we'll see huge improvements.

The speed to close space and opposition. The calmness on the ball we don't have anything close to that.

Thanks for sharing that. I've almost forgotten how highly rated he was. I was a lurker back in the day but could have sworn he was the next midfield golden child on this forum.

Just seems that his personal life and all have engulfed the football news.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Makes you laugh that people want to compare him to Mctominay.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Yep. If he gets back to form, exactly what we need.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Agreed but he's better than Rabiot. What I meant was going from one trouble maker to another.
Rabiot is more suited to what we need than Pogba. Rabiot according to many isn't any sort of "trouble maker" either. He's always picked for club and country. His mum is an annoying agent and wants the best deal for her kid, other than that? He's a midfielder who is actually good defensively for once so I'm all for it.

Robindinho

Let's just stick with McFred eh Lou?

Not that it matters, considering he's primarily a holding midfielder, the presenter should have asked him how many goals our midfielders scored last season... In the league:

Matic - 0
Pogba - 1
Mctominay - 1

He'd have then probably countered, "yeah, well goals aren't everything" :lol:

WhyYouGottaBeSoRuud?

Rabiot is more suited to what we need than Pogba. Rabiot according to many isn't any sort of "trouble maker" either. He's always picked for club and country. His mum is an annoying agent and wants the best deal for her kid, other than that? He's a midfielder who is actually good defensively for once so I'm all for it.
"According to many" who? His mum?

I hope you're right.

Lee565

On of the biggest clubs in the world, British press and rabiot mum who loves to hear her own voice is a recipe for disaster, she will be in dreamland with the coverage she will get when she shouts her mouth off

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
On of the biggest clubs in the world, British press and rabiot mum who loves to hear her own voice is a recipe for disaster, she will be in dreamland with the coverage she will get when she shouts her mouth off
I don't think she cares one bit about media. She hasn't really been all that much in it and almost everything you heard about here comes from other football people leaking it when they were on the other side of her requests.

AdamD

Seems gone are the days when we trust in the managers / clubs decisions re transfers. Then get behind the team.

All you wannabe managers go out, get your badges and see how you get on. It’s almost akin to listening to ex pros who’ve never been managers.

Chief123

It’s so embarassing and cringe to hear this. Macari is absolutely clueless as to who we are buying. He’s never heard of him and hasn’t a clue where he plays. The fact he keeps asking how many goals he’s scored shows his level of incompetence. Someone needs to tell him he ain’t a striker.

kidbob

I'm all for this as long as FDJ is coming too. I think they are a good foil for each other, otherwise I'm not as excited.

Joseunited

It’s so embarassing and cringe to hear this. Macari is absolutely clueless as to who we are buying. He’s never heard of him and hasn’t a clue where he plays. The fact he keeps asking how many goals he’s scored shows his level of incompetence. Someone needs to tell him he ain’t a striker.

If anyone's ever taken the time to listen to Macari you would know that he criticises every potential United transfer target .Having him on MUTV is the most pointless exercise i have ever seen.

Speako

I'd be stunned if we checked if his mother was also in Turin. No doubt she is in Paris and he is knocking on in Italy with no answer.
:D

'Hello, yes Ciao, yes, I'm looking for an Anthony Rabbit? Hello? Yes, Rabbit, like Peter? But Anthony. I mean Adrian. Adrian Rabbit. Or Rabbithole. Adrian Rabbithole. Hello?"

Chief123

If anyone's ever taken the time to listen to Macari you would know that he criticises every potential United transfer target .Having him on MUTV is the most pointless exercise i have ever seen.
He’s embarsssing for Utd to even have him on as a “pundit”. Being an ex player isn’t enough to be on a Tv show. Most ex players are thick.

edcunited1878

I'm not sold on Rabiot either, but when your case is "I haven't heard of him" when he's got 200 games for PSG, 100 for Juventus and 30 for France and "How many goals does he score?" when he's a defensive mid... I'd expect Paul Merson to make more sense ffs.
How many goals did Michael Carrick score?!

That comment and ignorance by Lou was extremely embarassing, something you commonly see from Premier League color commentators who seemingly just don't do their pre-match analysis or study the players and teams. Just saying the same old shit because they are so arse to do anything else.

And Carrick scored 24 goals and had 44 assists across 19 professional seasons, from the age of 18 to 36, 3 clubs (domestic league only).

Rabiot has scored 19 and assisted 19 across 10 season, from 17 to 26, at 3 clubs (domestic league only).

El-Manos

Ah ha ha

Belisarius

Thanks for sharing the video of him playing Barcelona. His tackling and defensive positioning seem good and his calmness on the ball in progressing out of his own end seemed very good. His crosses and passes near the opposition goal all seemed hopeful rather than purposeful. Still if he was paired with someone of Verrati's type and calibre (De Jong please) I could see him being a big upgrade in our midfield. Not sure how he would affect the dressing room.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Thanks for sharing the video of him playing Barcelona. His tackling and defensive positioning seem good and his calmness on the ball in progressing out of his own end seemed very good. His crosses and passes near the opposition goal all seemed hopeful rather than purposeful. Still if he was paired with someone of Verrati's type and calibre (De Jong please) I could see him being a big upgrade in our midfield. Not sure how he would affect the dressing room.
He has never affected a dressing room negatively and was one of PSG's deputee captains.

RedMilo

It's Lou Macari he's never been a transfer expert, surprised they asked him about Rabiot he was bound to have not heard of him, Sullivan should know better than asking Lou tbf.

Lovely bloke, harmless enough and genuinely wants the best for us..

On Rabiot, its underwhelming but better than nothing, which is about the limit of expectations with us atm.

Sparky Rhiwabon

How many goals did Michael Carrick score?!

That comment and ignorance by Lou was extremely embarassing, something you commonly see from Premier League color commentators who seemingly just don't do their pre-match analysis or study the players and teams. Just saying the same old shit because they are so arse to do anything else.

And Carrick scored 24 goals and had 44 assists across 19 professional seasons, from the age of 18 to 36, 3 clubs (domestic league only).

Rabiot has scored 19 and assisted 19 across 10 season, from 17 to 26, at 3 clubs (domestic league only).
Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.