g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If we are going to sign Rabiot, then it's annoying that since it first emerged on Monday as news that the deal was close, and Juventus are very willing, that we haven't managed to get him in time for this weekend. But typical of the running of this club I suppose.
You could easily blame his agent who allegedly didn't want to negotiate through phone but in-person. She seemingly made Murtough travel to Italy.:lol:

Rolaholic

You're not the only one with a bad feeling about this Lou...

Already had too many cnuts in the dressing room in recent, the Arnautovic, Icardi and Rabiot links have been proper slaps to the face honestly

crossy1686

career ending
At this point, I'd rather we just double down, never buy another player again and spend all the money we would normally spend on transfers on signing and developing players through the academy.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Already had too many cnuts in the dressing room in recent, the Arnautovic, Icardi and Rabiot links have been proper slaps to the face honestly
Perhaps the club thinks we need more cnuts, but rather than the type that sulk and say they want to leave, the type that gives the opposition a tough game and gets their teammates fired up.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

What makes Rabiot a cnut?

kelvinwong2026

Is it too much to ask to have a holding midfielder that is good at not only screening the defense, but also playing passes, just like Fabinho or Matic(before his decline)?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
You could easily blame his agent who allegedly didn't want to negotiate through phone but in-person. She seemingly made Murtough travel to Italy.:lol:
Seems especially ridiculous in the day where everyone and their dog is doing meetings over Zoom/Teams etc.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
At the age of 23, Rabiot was frozen out of Thomas Tuchel's side as he ran down his contract that was due to the expire in the summer of 2019.

Veronique didn't take this lying down, going as far as to state 'Adrien is a prisoner' to L'Equipe during the contract turmoil.

That same year, Rabiot was handed a two-week ban by PSG for being pictured at a nightclub hours after Man United infamously knocked the French champions out of the Champions League.

By the summer, he headed off to Turin to join up with current club Juventus on a free transfer.
Going to a nightclub after United knocked them out rubs me up the wrong way personally. Then again, at 23 I was googling whether I could make a spliff out of MDMA crystals and boof it.

There's also a load of other shite with his mother (calling Mbappe arrogant, Pogba a shitc**t etc).

It's likely he'll bring some controversy. Judging by the Arnautovic, Antony and Rabiot links though, it seems like ETH wants to bring in a bit of a cnut - maybe hoping for a Cantona like effect.

Rolaholic

• History of falling out with management (was actually banned from the dressing room on match days by Tuchel and was suspended from the team after being filmed partying after their CL exit to us)
  • Quitting on the national team before a WC because a bench spot was seemingly beneath him (that worked out terribly for France...)
  • Personally pulled out from PSG preseason because the club wouldn’t afford his mother the special priviledge of coming with them.
  • Security being called on his mother after she confronted the manager in the parking lot following his demotion to reserves.
  • A gentleman like Pirlo even called out his mentality.

Ask yourselves why Juventus and their fans are pinching themselves at the thought of getting 20m for him and why most French NT fans don't care much for his spoilt attitude and arrogance.

Italian journos are calling the potential sale a masterstroke, for Juventus and there is zero clamor for him around Europe either.

If you lot liked Pogba's brother or Raiola, you'll love Veronique...

Some might be fine signing someone who's been publicly called out for their attitude and professionalism by their own club out of pure desperation but I frankly want to move away from those sort of characters in the team even with me knowing that any tosser from abroad would likely be an upgrade on what we have in midfield currently...

JPRouve

Scout
Seems especially ridiculous in the day where everyone and their dog is doing meetings over Zoom/Teams etc.
Many people don't like doing meetings that are more than business through webcams. There is value in being in the same room, so I won't have a strong opinion on that one.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
  • Quitting on the national team before a WC because a bench spot was seemingly beneath him (that worked out terribly for France...)
  • Security being called on his mother after she confronted the manager in the parking lot following his demotion to reserves.
He didn't seem to realize that France midfield was stacked with world class players, which is mental. Only a select few have an ego as big as Ronaldo's in world of football and he seems to be one of them.

NLunited

Offer him a take it or leave it deal, not too high or low. If we pay too much to this guy, he‘ll think he deserves special treatment.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don’t get why we’re targeting players like Rabiot and Arnautovic if they have big issues with their mentality. I think we’ve given too much power to our new manager, who seems to fit the ‘Head Coach’ role with little input on transfers.

JPRouve

Scout
He didn't seem to realize that France midfield was stacked with world class players, which is mental. Only a select few have an ego as big as Ronaldo's in world of football and he seems to be one of them.
To be fair, he was better than Tolisso or Nzonzi and actually fit. So the disappointment was understanding and understood by the staff but the reaction was still over the top.

Loon

:lol:
Am I allowed to invoke a "Walk Away" like a Mulligan in golf? If that's the case, can I take it now?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Power move. I bet she made him sit in a wonky plastic chair whilst she was on a throne.

Well, maybe not quite that bad but...

Chief123

If we are going to sign Rabiot, then it's annoying that since it first emerged on Monday as news that the deal was close, and Juventus are very willing, that we haven't managed to get him in time for this weekend. But typical of the running of this club I suppose.
Apparently there is a big difference at the moment in wage demands and what we are willing to offer. I’m sure they’ll end up agreeing on something.

I think Rabiot is one of those players who fans will appreciate once they see the performances of others around him improve. Our forwards suffer massively to maintaining a structure of play when our midfield can’t even do the basics of getting the ball to them. More importantly getting the ball to them at the right time. Timing is so critical in football. And even the basics of where you pass the ball to. Can the player take it in his stride? Does it allow him to get an extra yard on his defender? All of these are areas we have suffered due to McFred.

There was even a very basic passage of play on the weekend where Fred had the ball and turned to play a pass to Maguire which should have been passed into his path as Maguire was stepping out. But Fred passed it behind him making Maguire have to check back and restart the momentum. These are basics that our midfield has struggled with regularly and often been costly as it just leads to so many unforced errors. I’ve not got the stats but so many of our goals come from basic errors by us. Even on the weekend that game was still so winnable if it wasn’t for basic errors leading to their goals which ultimately zaps confidence and increases the pressure as the game goes on.

Rabiot will be a pleasant surprise for many if ETH can fit him into the system. I expect a Matic type role from rabiot where a lot of his work will go unnoticed but then be missed when he’s absent for a few games.

Thiagoal

I don’t get why we’re targeting players like Rabiot and Arnautovic if they have big issues with their mentality. I think we’ve given too much power to our new manager, who seems to fit the ‘Head Coach’ role with little input on transfers.
Maybe ETH is actually going after players with egos. Our squad is full of introverted flowers at the moment and probably need some players with a bit of arrogance and confidence about them… excluding CR7

romufc

He’s a slightly better version of Pereria, the guy we just sold to Fulham because he wasn’t the right player to dislodge McFred.
You do realise they play different positions? Perreira is an attacking player and Rabiot will be used alot deeper?

lex talionis

The only issue that concerns me re Rabiot is the possibility that the transfer fee and the wage bill could explode at the end of the negotiations. But on the pitch, he’s a vast upgrade on Fred.

Still need to address CDM, regardless of whether we bring in Veronique’s son.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Until next season.

Playing 6 games in the CL every second or third season is massively overrated by many people.
To be fair they have qualified for the Champions League the same amount of times as United since Fergie left (They've also made a final even if it was the worst final ever).

That's not a dig it's just shocking what's become of United in European competition.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Lou Macari showing he's absolutely worth listening to on this by having never heard of him. But he's speaking TRUTH.

crossy1686

career ending
To be fair they have qualified for the Champions League the same amount of times as United since Fergie left (They've also made a final even if it was the worst final ever).

That's not a dig it's just shocking what's become of United in European competition.
Oh I know, I'm not saying United are any better but it's not like Tottenham have been massively successful in the last 10 years either. As shit as United have been they've still won stuff.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Lou Macari questioning the signing on MUTV. This window is the biggest farce from any club in history.
All this clip proves is that Lou Macari is a massive prat.

dove

Lou Macari questioning the signing on MUTV. This window is the biggest farce from any club in history.
He appears a bit thick here, doesn't he. Keeps banging on about how many goals did he score. He is a defensive midfielder FFS.

JPRouve

Scout
Lou Macari showing he's absolutely worth listening to on this by having never heard of him. But he's speaking TRUTH.
It's not the worst part, talking about the amount of goals he scored was a bit strange.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Oh I know, I'm not saying United are any better but it's not like Tottenham have been massively successful in the last 10 years either. As shit as United have been they've still won stuff.
Yeah I think your long term prospects are far better than theirs too.

They are a Kane knee injury from dropping into the conference league places.

With the United 11 there is a case for the team improving if any of them pick up an injury :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.