Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Not better player than Rabiot but better fit because he is a DM and not a CM like Rabiot. Only mention him as a dirt cheap option. There are loads better options as mentioned
So you want a player that does nothing that Rabiot hasn't done at a higher level?

JPRouve

Scout
The two of us will die on this hill defending Rabiot. :lol:
I would love to have him at Bayern but the focus seems to be on a 6 and Laimer is coming in anyways.
It's kind of crazy, we are talking about a 28 yeras old player that has never been a disturbing influence to anyone but people keeping imagining him turning into something that he has never been.

There are really only two things about Rabiot during his career, he was extremely confident and cocky as a teenager and he made a mistake when he publicly stated that he didn't want to be on the emergency list for the 2018 World Cup. On the latter it was a mistake from a PR standpoint but he was right about the list, to this day no one can explain why Deschamps picked an injured Mendy instead of an in form Rabiot, even then Rabiot apologized admitted that he was wrong and Deschamps took him back quickly.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The mention of this name is a bit worrying. He has been subpar for roughly 18 months and he has never been better than Rabiot. It's not even a case of rating Rabiot, Caqueret's appeal was his potential and he hasn't fulfilled it yet.
He feels a bit like he's going down the Aouar route.

Interested to get your thoughts on Rabiot as the single pivot if we play Casemiro and Mount (provided that goes ahead). With one of the criticisms levelled at Rabiot is his unadventurous passing, could that not potentially be a plus in this scenario? The passing accuracy of the others leaves a lot to be desired and Ten Hag appears to leave his deepest midfielder to pick up the ball on his own, while the 8's push forward.

UpWithRivers

So you want a player that does nothing that Rabiot hasn't done at a higher level?
I want a back up to Casemiro that doesnt want ridiculous wages and will be happy sat on the bench and might even take over from Casemiro in the future. Id rather have Ugarte/Neves etc but if we have no cash Id have Caqueret over Rabiot because he fits the profile more than a 250/300 a week player who is pissed off and stuck in our squad till he's 33 because we cant offload him due to his wages

JPRouve

Scout
I want a back up to Casemiro that doesnt want ridiculous wages and will be happy sat on the bench. Id rather have Ugarte/Neves but Id have Caqueret over Rabiot because he fits more than a 250 a week player who is pissed off and stuck in our squad till he's 33 because we cant offload him due to his wages
And I want a player that can play next to Casemiro which is what Rabiot is.

JPRouve

Scout
He feels a bit like he's going down the Aouar route.

Interested to get your thoughts on Rabiot as the single pivot if we play Casemiro and Mount (provided that goes ahead). With one of the criticisms levelled at Rabiot is his unadventurous passing, could that not potentially be a plus in this scenario? The passing accuracy of the others leaves a lot to be desired and Ten Hag appears to leave his deepest midfielder to pick up the ball on his own, while the 8's push forward.
As a single pivot I don't see any issue with Rabiot especially when you have someone like Casemiro playing with him because Rabiot is the type of player that will try to carry the ball in transition or sometimes he runs from a deep position to support the attack even as a single pivot, so I can easily see a balance between Casemiro and Rabiot their games overlap but are also different.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
As a single pivot I don't see any issue with Rabiot especially when you have someone like Casemiro playing with him because Rabiot is the type of player that will try to carry the ball in transition or sometimes he runs from a deep position to support the attack even as a single pivot, so I can easily see a balance between Casemiro and Rabiot their games overlap but are also different.
Interesting, makes sense. I was always onboard with Rabiot for the record, I'm more trying to get my head round Mount and how it would work.

JPRouve

Scout
Interesting, makes sense. I was always onboard with Rabiot for the record, I'm more trying to get my head round Mount and how it would work.
Mount makes sense if you add the idea of changing systems between games or within games, at the minute we have no flexibility. If you have Mount, Rabiot, Bruno, Eriksen and Casemiro, you open your options:

Rashford-------Bruno-------Antony
------------Rabiot-------Casemiro

------------Mount------Casemiro

Rashford-------Mount-------Antony

------------Rabiot-------Mount

Rashford----------------------------Antony
-------Rabiot---Casemiro--Mount

You end up with more balanced and viable options. Now people may have an issue with creativity but if it's paired with someone like Kane and a Bruno that has a bit more freedom to focus on creation, it can allow us to maximize what we have. If the target was Osimhen or someone like that then I would really prefer a more adventurous passer in place of Rabiot.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Mount makes sense if you add the idea of changing systems between games or within games, at the minute we have no flexibility. If you have Mount, Rabiot, Bruno, Eriksen and Casemiro, you open your options:

You end up with more balanced and viable options. Now people may have an issue with creativity but if it's paired with someone like Kane and a Bruno that has a bit more freedom to focus on creation, it can allow us to maximize what we have. If the target was Osimhen or someone like that then I would really prefer a more adventurous passer in place of Rabiot.
Looking at it like that, certainly makes a stark difference to how our midfield options have been over the years. The combinations there would be stuff we could barely comprehend before. I agree on the striker point, we probably need someone who can also bring others into play as well as score , which is why I like the idea of Kolo Muani if not Kane, as I think that's a big strength of his. Bruno had an xA of something like 16 this year, so even if we did just get a finisher, it would go a long way to improving our overall output.

Maybe the idea is to address and improve the overall picture and then find those missing pieces next summer.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
My problem with this signing (apart from the other obvious ones) is the fact we'll have 4 out of 5 key midfielders (and that is if Mount joins) over 30 or very close to that.

We'd need major investment soon enough to revamp this kind of line-up

Kingslayer18

I like your idea of the better balance and flexibility that adding a player like Mount can provide, in addition to Rabiot. However, I'd prefer a player like Enzo Le Fee instead of Mount in this scenario. He can play as a DLP, a no 8 and has also been played as a 10 at Lorient. What are your thoughts on him as a player individiually and as a better target than Mount?

JPRouve

Scout
My problem with this signing (apart from the other obvious ones) is the fact we'll have 4 out of 5 key midfielders (and that is if Mount joins) over 30 or very close to that.

To me it's a false problem, it would be an issue if bringing 3 or 4 young midfielders over 2 or 3 seasons wasn't a normal thing. It's basically 1 or 2 midfielder per summer.

JPRouve

Scout
I like your idea of the better balance and flexibility that adding a player like Mount can provide, in addition to Rabiot. However, I'd prefer a player like Enzo Le Fee instead of Mount in this scenario. He can play as a DLP, a no 8 and has also been played as a 10 at Lorient. What are your thoughts on him as a player individiually and as a better target than Mount?
Le Fée seems to be a bigger gamble, I wouldn't mind it because I assume that he would be far cheaper and could allow us to definitely bring a striker and a new goalkeeper. That's why I had Thuram as an alternative but Le Fée from what I have seen is a technically solid player though athletically I don't know if I would trust him in a two men midfield, he is quite small.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
To me it's a false problem, it would be an issue if bringing 3 or 4 young midfielders over 2 or 3 seasons wasn't a normal thing. It's basically 1 or 2 midfielder per summer.
Except we don't do add at United. Otherwise, I agree.

JPRouve

Scout
Except we don't do add at United. Otherwise, I agree.
We do it every single seasons, it's not because the transfers didn't fix our issues that they didn't happen. Also if we were to sign Mount and Rabiot that would be 4 new midfielders in two summers.

Highfather_24

None of our midfielders have a passing success rate over 85. That is a problem. Neither Rabiot or Mount are particularly high volume or high accuracy passers.

Going into the season with Mount and Rabiot as our two new midfield signings would be disastrous because we are fecked if Casemiro gets injured. Rabiot is no #6, particularly not if the other two midfielders are Bruno and Mount.

JPRouve

Scout
None of our midfielders have a passing success rate over 85. That is a problem. Neither Rabiot or Mount are particularly high volume or high accuracy passers.

Going into the season with Mount and Rabiot as our two new midfield signings would be disastrous because we are fecked if Casemiro gets injured. Rabiot is no #6, particularly not if the other two midfielders are Bruno and Mount.
Rabiot has done the high volume high accuracy rate passing and low volume low accuracy. Both of these things are a function of a team style anyway.

Also Rabiot has been developed as a 6 and he was perfectly able to do it with the like of Draxler, Lo Celso, Di Maria or any strange combinations you can imagine.

Charles Ufarley

Adrian Rabbit aka: Pogba II.

We don't need that sort of grief now we've just gotten rid of Pogba and Ronaldo.

acnumber9

28 is not very close to 30 when thinking of a footballing career. It should be his peak.

Highfather_24

Rabiot has done the high volume high accuracy rate passing and low volume low accuracy. Both of these things are a function of a team style anyway.

Also Rabiot has been developed as a 6 and he was perfectly able to do it with the like of Draxler, Lo Celso, Di Maria or any strange combinations you can imagine.
Doing it at PSG in the french league 5 years ago is different from doing it in PL. We will be torn to shreds with him as our lone DM with Mount and Bruno charging forward. He doesnt have the discipline to play that role at the highest level.

When I think of high volume high accuracy passers, I think of Rodri, Busquets, Parejo, De Jong, Kroos players of this ilk.Not Rabiot, who is a highly technical box to box #8 no doubt, but not what our team is crying out for.

So he neither fits the role of a Casemiro deputy, or the metronome midfielder(upgrade on Eriksen) we need.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Interesting that so many seem to be on board with this now, but wouldn't listen to me and a few others when we said last summer that he was a good option. What's changed?
He’s free now?

Baneofthegame

If we could get Lavia on top of Rabiot/Mount for a combine 90 million in fees, move on Fred, Scott and DVB I’d be happy.

Case/Lavia
Mount/Rabiot
Bruno/Eriksen

Would be enough going into next season.

JPRouve

Scout
Doing it at PSG in the french league 5 years ago is different from doing it in PL. We will be torn to shreds with him as our lone DM with Mount and Bruno charging forward. He doesnt have the discipline to play that role at the highest level.

When I think of high volume high accuracy passers, I think of Rodri, Busquets, Parejo, De Jong, Kroos players of this ilk.Not Rabiot, who is a highly technical box to box #8 no doubt, but not what our team is crying out for.

So he neither fits the role of a Casemiro deputy, or the metronome midfielder(upgrade on Eriksen) we need.
Out of curiosity what is the base of that take? You are talking about a very disciplined player, there isn't really a moment in his career where tactical discipline wasn't a strength, he is a strong tackler and has good positioning.

I genuinely don't understand how some people end up stating that a player strength since age 18 are not his strength.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Age 28 is still very good age for midfielder. I mean if you look at City midfield, De Bruyne is at 31, Gundogan 32, Silva 28. They are all doing pretty fine job in midfield dominating the whole Europe.

Big Andy

Bloke
Age 28 is still very good age for midfielder. I mean if you look at City midfield, De Bruyne is at 31, Gundogan 32, Silva 28. They are all doing pretty fine job in midfield dominating the whole Europe.
It's literally the prime years for a footballer age 28-32. I don't know why people get hung up on it like it's the 1980's and players are all fecked at 30. With sports science and nutrition and conditioning and all sorts of other shit, a player can still be a top level player at 35/36, meaning if you sign them at 28, you get a good 5 years MINIMUM out of them.

JPRouve

Scout
It's literally the prime years for a footballer age 28-32. I don't know why people get hung up on it like it's the 1980's and players are all fecked at 30. With sports science and nutrition and conditioning and all sorts of other shit, a player can still be a top level player at 35/36, meaning if you sign them at 28, you get a good 5 years MINIMUM out of them.
Even if we are conservative, outside of injuries you are supposed to get 3 or 4 years out of 28 years old. Also he turned 28 in April.

daba

If we could get Lavia on top of Rabiot/Mount for a combine 90 million in fees, move on Fred, Scott and DVB I’d be happy.

Case/Lavia
Mount/Rabiot
Bruno/Eriksen

Yes.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I genuinely don't understand how some people end up stating that a player strength since age 18 are not his strength.
He‘s got long hair and is represented by his mother = he cannot be a physical player and is a lazy diva.

Crimson King

Case/Lavia
Mount/Rabiot
Bruno/Eriksen

That would be dreamy! I have a feeling bringing in 3 CMs this summer might be hoping for too much though.

Let's cross our fingers and see what happens.

JPRouve

Scout
He‘s got long hair and is represented by his mother = he cannot be a physical player and is a lazy diva.
It's amazing. I can understand people having questions about his game on the ball especially as a passer but when it comes to his defensive work rate, discipline or tactically flexibility there aren't that many players that are as consistent, on that front I would put him with the likes of Kimmich or Valverde. There isn't that many current midfielders that have been asked to play virtually all midfield roles and done them to a good standard. Rabiot isn't the best thing since sliced bread but people are mischaracterizing him badly. The only role where I have seen him struggle was as an emergency wing back against Switzerland in 2021.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Does he make himself available for a pass from deep from a CB or keeper?

Can he receive a pass under pressure and pass his way out or turn or dribble?

If we don't get this type of midfielder we will continue to get outplayed by Fulham and other teams we should be brushing aside.

In fact, a high end striker would also struggle as never controlling a game means a striker waits for counters and transitions only. That's Ole ball and we need to move on.

JPRouve

Scout
Does he make himself available for a pass from deep from a CB or keeper?

Can he receive a pass under pressure and pass his way out or turn or dribble?

If we don't get this type of midfielder we will continue to get outplayed by Fulham and other teams we should be brushing aside.

In fact, a high end striker would also struggle as never controlling a game means a striker waits for counters and transitions only. That's Ole ball and we need to move on.
That's his bread and butter. The issue is if you expect him to act like Xabi Alonso and attempt an incisive pass(he can but likely won't), he is more likely to carry the ball or make a low risk pass.

evil_geko

Other than his mother being a headache to deal with, is he really that much of a diva? I would think players having strong character and attitude would be big part of Ten Hag's recruitment.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I hope we sign him, he is quality player and better than any CM we have bar Casemiro. His wages will be on higher side but that's how free transfers work.

Status
Not open for further replies.