AFCON 2023 / 2024

TsuWave

Haller coming back from cancer to this is an incredible story

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Adingra going to be another one Brighton sell for 70-80m in a few years, another game with fantastic wing play from him.
Adingra has been phenomenal for both semi and this final. He's unplayable 1 vs 1. If he can add some end product he's going to be a superstar.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Adingra has been phenomenal for both semi and this final. He's unplayable 1 vs 1. If he can add some end product he's going to be a superstar.
Basically Mitoma's replacement when they cash in on him in next 18 months. This isn't Brighton beating Football, just being very practical and smart.

thisisnottaken1

Côte d’Ivoire are champions on home soil. Seemed almost impossible after the second match round of the group stage. I do feel for Nigeria though.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I wanted to see the players celebrate but for some reason the director decided to cut to the president celebrating :rolleyes:

Zed is not dead

Very happy for Haller, it’s a beautiful story in its own right.

Deserved win for Ivory Coast tonight, even though they had a chaotic route to the final. Nigeria showed nothing until Haller’s goal so it’s a bit disappointing.

E-mal

Indeed, but he won't

He's a turnstile. "Oh you need a lane to drive at our defense? Here you go good sir"
Surely Nigeria can do better in midfield. All are our midfielders are really shite, we are a top heavy team.
Another wasted final appearance

RedRocket9908

Congrats to Ivory Coast, worthy winners to pull level with Nigeria on 3 AFCON championships each with Ghana, Cameroon, and Egypt the only teams who have won more.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I wanted to see the players celebrate but for some reason the director decided to cut to the president celebrating :rolleyes:
Yeah bizarre choice. They cut immediately to Drogba for the Kessie goal as well. Let me see the players ffs!

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Happy for Cote d'Ivoire, got nothing against Nigeria but it's always a bit cooler if the big favorites don't win and Ivory Coast played better this match.
Having said that, ref definitely a bit influenced by the crowd (also blowing the whistle right at the 6 min ET mark after just giving a yellow card for timewasting seconds before that) and I hope the reports of Nigerian fans not being allowed into the stadium are wrong.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
What a crazy tournament. Ivory Coast’s road to this point just exemplifies what a crazed and thoroughly entertaining tournament it has been.

Supports
Barcelona
How to spot a dictatorship. We're used to this shit!

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Oh and Nigeria only have themselves to blame. After the second goal from Ivory Coast they showed for a couple of minutes that they can attack with some urgency but it was too late. Should've simply done more than just sitting back.

Supports
Barcelona
Started the game supporting Nigeria for its efforts throughout the tournament. Ended supporting Ivory Coast as they are the only team that showed up today.

MrWilliams

Nigeria were far too passive in this match. Sat too deep and did not do enough in the final third.

I need to see that Kessie elbow a game. Really should have been a red card for him.

Anyway, Nigeria needs to sort out its midfield for next AFCON and WCQ. Need 2 proper ball playing midfielders.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Plenty of Forest interest - so congrats Sangare (and mad Serge Aurier) and commiserations to Ola Aina - now get yourselves back to the City Ground and get us out of the shite!

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It's been an excellent tournament. One of the best I recall watching.

Cote D'Ivoire rode their luck (and this is understating it) to the final, but were the better team

This Nigerian team is heading nowhere with Peseiro. Fire him on the airport tarmac. A better constructed squad (including a midfield) for the WC qualifiers is needed.

Looking forward to the next one in Morocco (when is that happening by the way? It can't be next year).

RedRocket9908

It's been an excellent tournament. One of the best I recall watching.

Cote D'Ivoire rode their luck (and this is understating it) to the final, but were the better team

This Nigerian team is heading nowhere with Peseiro. Fire him on the airport tarmac. A better constructed squad (including a midfield) for the WC qualifiers is needed.

Looking forward to the next one in Morocco (when is that happening by the way? It can't be next year).
The next one is in Summer 2025

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Inject Nigeria losing into my veinsssss! :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

AFCON continues to be the best cup competition !

RoyH1

Well done Cote de Ivoire. Fantastic, mad tournament this was