Television Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Andersons Dietician

Well that didn’t take long :lol: Fitz and Simmons in termoil again.

Evil Fitz is the man, or just Fitz in general, he’s just awesome. Such a good episode as well.

PvsNP

Is Gemma preggers already? Or was she throwing up at the end due to being overwhelmed?
I think it's the former. Makes more sense in the context IMO.

Anyway, best episode of this season. The character development Fitz has been through is astonishing.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Oh shit!!! What an episode! Didn't see the Fitz twist coming until right at the point of reveal when Daisy goes 'who are you talking to?' Terrific acting, Framework Fitz is awesome (but very bad).

The scene between Simmons & Deke was lovely. Her reaction to finding out he's the grandson, even better :lol::lol:

Hail Hydra?! That must be some alien Hydra (Kree?!). Will be interesting what plans they have & if this links to the decision to save Coulson/let him die (although I think that might be the Project Deathlok stuff from the last episode).

Sylar

Agreed, he's great
Fitz/ Simmons both seemed like a duo added to add some conedy but both have become huge part of the show and stories

It was a good episode
The heil hydra made me laugh for the wrong reasons but seeing framework fitz was something

Andersons Dietician

At some point surely Deek is going to do a Back to the Future and fade throwing Fitz theory of time being fixed out the window.

“he’s the worst!”:lol:
“yeah it means our daughter is going to raise some space doofus and call him Deek”

Also Dove Cameron :smirk:

Last edited:

ha_rooney

Good episode. Love how they can switch from all-out action to an episode with mostly dialogue that is setting up the story & still retain the same tension.

Why doesn't Coulson use Deke as proof he went to the future & that Hale's plan leads to that fecked up world. Also, if Hale doesn't betray the Confederacy & doesn't create the Destroyer, would the world be any different? The Confederacy wants Gravitonium & Inhumans - that sounds like this leads to another version of the future SHIELD had just been to.

I liked how they referenced the first Avengers film & seemingly are referencing the Thanos invasion.

Daisy saying 'we need every weapon we can get in this fight' sounded like Hale.

bucky

You would say that.
:lol:

In all seriousness, what do you expect? Do you have similar shows on the surface that you enjoy? It's mindless fun for me and I don't expect much, which is what I do with most comic book movies and shows. I don't want every series that I watch to be The Handmaid's Tale.

Edit: I hated the first part of the first season and gave up on it. Screenrant's podcast and a few articles made me come back, since they said it had gotten a lot better. So I started with season 2 and enjoyed it a lot more and watched the rest of season 1 afterwards.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
You would say that.
Depends if you like Marvel or not. Personally i've tried a few Super Hero tv shows like Daredevil, Flash and even Supergirl and really didn't like any of them. Agents of Shield is different though, once you manage to crawl your way through Season 1 it gets better throughout. Characters go on proper journeys, not like the shite you get on Flash or Supergirl. They don't fall into that formulaic trap of "bad guy 1 defeats hero, hero tries a way of defeating bad guy, it fails and hero gets injured, hero comes up with new plan and wins". This has proper storylines, fleshed out characters and each Season is very different. One of the few shows imo that has continually pushed itself and improved every year.

Sometimes the story does get a tad silly, but it's science fiction with aliens. If you want serious depressing tv I wouldn't recommend it, if you want engaging characters and dialogue going through a fun journey then go with it.

It's got that Firefly vibe of the actors generally having fun playing their characters and enjoying the scripts.

Sylar

Hale works for Hydra.
Hale Hydra
Really?

Lmfao.
Good episode and good little background on Hale which was needed. I like the little references and insinuations they have (like alien invasion / thanos, etc)

Hales daughter is great btw. I do like how Coulson no sold her coming out to the canteen though.

ha_rooney

What the feck is wrong with Simmons?! Thought she was actually dying. Yo-Yo with the gun :lol:

This fantasy that 'we can't die' and 'we are invincible' because we make it to the lighthouse in the future/Deke exists is insane. More so when the scientists believe it.

I have a bad feeling they're setting it up for 1 of them to die. The only way they are guaranteed to make it to the lighthouse & be 'invincible' is if the future stays as they saw it (so they continue the time loop & Earth gets quaked). If they change the future (which they will do somehow), they don't know what the consequences of their actions will be & if they still make it. Seems the logic is 'worst-case scenario Earth is fecked, but we make it. Best case scenario, Earth is saved & we might make it'.

"You know you die more than anybody I've ever met" :lol: Creel v Ruby was a good fight.

Quinn is in the Gravitonium with Hall! I suppose it explains who is arguing in Creel's head all the time. I think there will be more to him having touched the Gravitonium beyond just the voices arguing in his head.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
What the feck is wrong with Simmons?! Thought she was actually dying. Yo-Yo with the gun :lol:

This fantasy that 'we can't die' and 'we are invincible' because we make it to the lighthouse in the future/Deke exists is insane. More so when the scientists believe it.

I have a bad feeling they're setting it up for 1 of them to die. The only way they are guaranteed to make it to the lighthouse & be 'invincible' is if the future stays as they saw it (so they continue the time loop & Earth gets quaked). If they change the future (which they will do somehow), they don't know what the consequences of their actions will be & if they still make it. Seems the logic is 'worst-case scenario Earth is fecked, but we make it. Best case scenario, Earth is saved & we might make it'.

"You know you die more than anybody I've ever met" :lol: Creel v Ruby was a good fight.

Quinn is in the Gravitonium with Hall! I suppose it explains who is arguing in Creel's head all the time. I think there will be more to him having touched the Gravitonium beyond just the voices arguing in his head.
If they do change the timeline wouldn't that mean Deek no longer exists? I'm thinking Back to the Future.

ha_rooney

If they do change the timeline wouldn't that mean Deek no longer exists? I'm thinking Back to the Future.
Potentially yes - if they break the loop then the future they went to shouldn't exist like it was & Deke might never be born. It's what makes the whole 'we're invincible' thing stupid because you only guarantee you survive & make it to the lighthouse if the future doesn't change.

I'd like to know more about what the Confederacy - what impact will stopping the Destroyer of Worlds have & how does it all link to Thanos' attack (which I'm guessing is what they warned Hale/Coulson about)

Andersons Dietician

This is the thing I don’t really get, their theory that they are invincible is based on time being set, ie you can’t change it, but they are actively trying to change it and if they succeed then there theory of time being set was wrong so they aren’t invincible at all.
However if they’ve seen the future and now think they are invincible like in an alternate timeline did she even attempt the maddest game of Russian roulette ever and did the gun even go off. Or have they already changed time.

I think unlike Flash point they don’t do alternate timelines and rather beleive time is 1 line and you just visit points on it, So you can fast forward or rewind but you can’t change the tape.

Also Joss is pretty good at these long played out storylines. Sort of knew something would happen with the gravitonium storyline from season 1 with that scientist being sucked in to it. Joss sort of did something similar in Buffy where he had a flashing alarm clock reading something like 5:02and someone saying she is coming. Then in season 5 episode 2 or whatever it was Buffy’s sister shows up. It was like a 3 yr Easter egg.

Sylar

Yeah its good when they do stuff like that referencing the past (or linking to it). Was cool seeing Raina.

Poor Mac, always getting played for as a chump esp due to his emotions. Didnt think it was the best episode. A heavy dose of talking without much story advancement. Quite rare for Agents.

Robin said Coulson is gonna die. Does him dying from a robot punch and coming back to life count? lol
Ruby is great btw.

ha_rooney

Intense, albeit a little predictable, episode - Dr Mack trying to save Deke, team Invincible somewhat coming back to reality & Strucker/Ruby making their move without Hale. Talbot being brainwashed & now ready to comply was unexpected. Yo-Yo v the Russian was decent & finally a little preview of Ruby v Daisy.

The show is really focusing on characters making 'choices'. Coulson & Fitz made theirs, Yo-Yo & Simmons last week & now Ruby with Hale and Fitz-Simmons making the choice to fix the machine. I'm guessing the choice to save Coulson will play out over the rest of the season (especially now Fitz knows about it) to determine if they break the time-loop.

Drugged Deke with the 'do we have a handshake?' :lol:

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Last couple of episodes seemed a bit off. Almost as if they're diverting from their tried and tested formula that works.

Sylar

Poor talbot. Man has no luck now and is now an activated sleeper agent. Hes basically winter solder v2 without the cool upgrades.

Daisy vs Ruby was a nice lil tease.

Andersons Dietician

Anyone got any rivers for this. Been trying all morning and Kodi is being a douche. I’ve actually spent more time trying to get it to find a stream than an episode takes. Make that 2 episodes. Normally takes 1 or 2 tries with every programme but this is ridiculous.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Anyone got any rivers for this. Been trying all morning and Kodi is being a douche. I’ve actually spent more time trying to get it to find a stream than an episode takes. Make that 2 episodes. Normally takes 1 or 2 tries with every programme but this is ridiculous.
Heard of torrents?

ha_rooney

What an episode!!

I refuse to believe Yo-Yo just saved the world - in fact I bet they're still in the time-loop & her actions are what allows the future to be what it was. Yo-Yo's been really annoying since the trip to the future & I'm now hoping she dies.

Ruby's death was a shock - I was expecting some sort of epic fight with her & Daisy. Was a really good scene with her & Hale. Talbot was really good that episode, quite sad what's happened to him.

"Women, huh?! Shut up Lemons" :lol:

I wonder if the Gravitonium bomb from Ruby's death had some sort of reaction with Daisy?

Andersons Dietician

It took me hours to find a stream and I’ve just finished watching it now and it was totally worth it.

Hopefully not the end of Dove Cameron but umm seems like it. That whole last 10 minutes tho was just awesome.

I think YoYo has actually just triggered the end of days. Ruby was never the destroyer of worlds, I think her death has now triggered her mum and Hale either now has those powers or will get them and with nothing left on this earth that she cares about (Ruby’s death) she goes all Thanos like.

I’m still hoping for some sort of Dragon Ball Z like fight scene where Daisy has to elevate her powers and push herself like she has never before to stand up to someone who is so much more powerful than her.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The destroyer of worlds is probably the military guy that was mates with Talbot and used the Gravitonium. He's almost lost control and given he change himself to any material and we've just seen what happens when you are 8% Graved up, if he makes his entire body Gravitonium then the result could be terrible. Also, Hale has access to him.