Television Ahsoka - August 2023

Widow

Rosario Dawson stars as Ahsoka Tano, reprising her role from The Mandalorian. The character was created for the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars (voiced by Ashley Eckstein), and made her live-action debut in the second season of The Mandalorian. A spin-off series focused on the character was announced in December 2020, with Dawson reprising her role and Filoni set as writer after he co-created the character. Filming began in early May 2022, with multiple characters from the animated series Star Wars Rebels revealed to be appearing.

Ahsoka is scheduled to be released in August 2023 on Disney+.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
There was a guy in the background of Season 1 Episode 7. I hope he gets his own show.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Ray Stevenson's character is 'Baylen' apparently - a fallen Jedi who is now a Sith/Admiral? The platinum haired Sith fighter is apparently Shin, his apprentice. Got this off random Google searches, but no idea if they featured in any animated series or games before. Also glad to see they might use the character building of Mon Mothma from Andor - they built up the conflict around her so well. Excited to see Lars Mikkelsen as Thrawn!

One big hope I have is that they use Kevin Kiner for the score - you can't think of Ezra or the Phoenix Squad or even Ahsoka without his music.

Here is Kiner's score from Rebels:

And his haunting, heartbreaking score from when Ahsoka leaves in SW Clone Wars (features in Rebels when Ahsoka faces off with Vader again as well) :

I really really hope they don't butcher her story with some diversity character like Reva forcefed poorly down our throats in Kenobi. Other than that, I'm really excited!

Edit: On the topic of Kevin Kiner, here's his last masterpiece from CW finale:

Hamnat

This looks like Rebels is a must watch before jumping in. I mean it looks like the next season live action pretty much. You see Sabine, Hera, Chopper already in the trailer, Ezra in the hologram. It would be a waste of time trying to explain established relationships you would just jump off from the Rebels seasons.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
This looks like Rebels is a must watch before jumping in. I mean it looks like the next season live action pretty much. You see Sabine, Hera, Chopper already in the trailer, Ezra in the hologram. It would be a waste of time trying to explain established relationships you would just jump off from the Rebels seasons.
Yeah, I definitely feel the need to finally give Rebels a watch. I really enjoyed Clone Wars in the end but never proceeded with the rest of the animated stuff for some reason.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Anyone else feel like they’re doing to Star Wars what the did to Marvel? It’s at risk of becoming over saturated and tiresome

dinostar77

If anyone is interested, disney have a listing of "ahsoka tano essential episodes".32 episodes including both parts of "twilight of the apprentice".

Guess it lets people get upto speed with her character before the tv series starts.

AaronRedDevil

If anyone is interested, disney have a listing of "ahsoka tano essential episodes".32 episodes including both parts of "twilight of the apprentice".

Guess it lets people get upto speed with her character before the tv series starts.
Oh that's actually cool. I recently rewatched CW and Rebels lately so don't need to to this again. But it's good that the list helps speed it up.
That fight between Ahsoka and Maul is probably the 2nd best fight in Star Wars. So damn good.

Revan

Assumptionman
The finale of Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV show, which is completely focused on Ahsoka, was a masterpiece.

I love the character. Shame that she was not in the prequel movies. Anakin’s fall to the dark side looks better when you see his relationship with Ahsoka and Jedi’s treatment of her.

Hamnat

Premiered early. First 2 episodes were really good I thought. And I appreciated they are longer more standard episodes. I thought the pacing was good. They don't even try to coddle people who haven't watched Rebels. They just go right in expecting that you know by now.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I'll have to reserve my judgement until I see Thrawn in action.

Anyone else hoping the resolution to the puzzle was just the cat-thing pet knocking the ball off the table? :D

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It is excellent. Best Star Wars stuff in years. Opening scene was.....wow!
"Always two there are" :D

dinostar77

Thought first 2 episodes were pretty flat. Obviously helps if you've seen Star Wars Rebels cartoon series as its a continuation of that apparently (i havent).

Last edited:

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Of course. It was meh.
Nah, Andor was a good series, not just a good Star Wars series.

These first two episodes have been a bit too obvious I thought. It still has my attention but yeah everything was telegraphed.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Finally a star wars show with lots of lightsabers and shit. All I wanted from a star wars TV series.

I've liked the first two eps.

Hamnat

I am hoping that Ezra shows up early enough that it isn't just a last episode join in the final battle thing. I want him to have a more significant role and appearance here.

dinostar77

Finally a star wars show with lots of lightsabers and shit. All I wanted from a star wars TV series.

I've liked the first two eps.
Other than ashoka and the driods at the start the lightsaber battles were very underwhelming..

SoCross

Can someone please tell me if there’s an accepted order to watch all this? Been out of touch a bit.

Revan

Assumptionman
Can someone please tell me if there’s an accepted order to watch all this? Been out of touch a bit.
Ahsoka is the Padwan of Anakin Skywalker, and arguably the main character in the TV cartoon 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' and the TV show cartoon with the same name (6 seasons). There is also a book called Ahsoka that shows the events immediately after the end of the TV show.
She is also a recurring character in the the TV show cartoon 'Star Wars: The Rebels' (4 seasons). In that TV show (and it seems this one too) the main antagonist is Grand Admiral Thrawn who is the main antagonist in the most famous Star Wars trilogy 'Heir to the Empire'.
And finally, she appears in one episode of the TV Show 'Mandalorian' and then has a brief appearance in Mandalorian's spinoff 'Book of Bobba Fett'.

Honestly, the Clone Wars TV show is great, especially if you remove the filler episodes. The Rebels is okay, and you could watch just Ashoka episodes (the most important one being Season 2 finale). Heir is fantastic, but not canon anymore.

caid

It was quite watchable. I'll check out the rest at the end of the season.

Just watch it. Its not complicated.
Theres about 15 seasons worth of stuff you could watch, most of it kids shows, but its not necessary

Hamnat

Other than ashoka and the driods at the start the lightsaber battles were very underwhelming..
They matched the level of expertise of the characters so far. Sabine is not a force wielding lightsaber master so her fight was clunky and purposefully not fluid and expert like you expect Ahsoka's to be.

Last edited:

caid

I am hoping that Ezra shows up early enough that it isn't just a last episode join in the final battle thing. I want him to have a more significant role and appearance here.
Yeah he's definitely not the mysterious dude in the mask. Dont mind that guy.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
They matched the level of expertise of the characters so far. Sabine is not a force wielding lightsaber master so her fight was clunky and purposefully not fluid and expert like you expect Ahsoka's to be.
Because of that, that fight should have been much much shorter than it was tbf.

Hamnat

Because of that, that fight should have been much much shorter than it was tbf.
I felt like it was clear she was being toyed with. The dramatic cape movements and stalking around after her. Like she could have just used the force and killed her if she wanted.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I felt like it was clear she was being toyed with. The dramatic cape movements and stalking around after her. Like she could have just used the force and killed her if she wanted.
Vader's fight with 3rd sister in Kenobi show...now, that was toying. :D

evil_geko

I stopped watching this after 20 mins, too many references to Rebels which I didn't watch, will come back to this after watching Rebels.

caid

Yeah the evil padawan with the brown cloak and stained white clothing definitely isn't going to turn into a good person. The twists of this show are a bit too transparent really. She wont do anything too evil to make redeeming her too complicated.