Ajax | Champions League semi-finalists

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Unless they draw the Roma/Porto winner this is probably the end of the run for them in the CL. PSV are going to win the title but, Ajax have to be the favorites for the Dutch Cup since they are playing Willem.

foolsgold

Brilliant team. Where are they going
Nowhere.

PSV will win the title, they'll go out of europe in the next round, their talent will be picked up by larger teams in the summer.

They'll get a lot of money but spend it poorly.

Repeat process in 10 years. It's the Ajax way.

Stadjer

Unless they draw the Roma/Porto winner this is probably the end of the run for them in the CL. PSV are going to win the title but, Ajax have to be the favorites for the Dutch Cup since they are playing Willem.
Im not sure if PSV will win the league. Ajax is 5 points behind but still needs to play one game which they should win. Psv also isnt doing great lately with Lozano being in bad form. Psv is currently playing a 17 year old on midfield because their big expensive summer signing isnt working out as expected. So not everything at PSV is going how they (PSV) would like it.

I really wouldnt be suprised if Ajax will win the league but these extra CL games could make a difference. Ajax really should win the cup, no excuse. Willem II is terrible (like all Eredivisie teams besides Ajax and PSV). Ajax also should win the league. They have the best players, spend the most money and were big favorites for the title but they had some off days.

The reason Ajax has a game in hand is because the KNVB rescheduled Ajax their game so they could prepare for the Real Madrid game. That worked out well :D

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
If they get Porto or Roma next round and they could easily knock them out. Would be amazing to see Ajax in the Semis of a CL again.

Also the money they got from De Jong and the Money they will get for De Ligt they will literally have a monopoly over. the whole league they will have so much money.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
If they get Porto or Roma next round and they could easily knock them out. Would be amazing to see Ajax in the Semis of a CL again.

Also the money they got from De Jong and the Money they will get for De Ligt they will literally have a monopoly over. the whole league they will have so much money.
They have had a much bigger budget than everyone for some time now. They even have around double of the budget of PSV. And PSV could make money selling Lozano and Bergwijn

the_irish123

I think they can easily win the finals. Apart from PSG I dont see any team in great form. Even Spurs can win it

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Like Monaco two years ago they could go far.....for me only Barca are much better than Ajax......the other clubs are better than Ajax but not sooooo much better.
Ajax should have won already 4-1 in Munich in September and the 3-3 against Bayern Munich at home was a great performance too.

And i agree with @Stadjer that PSV will have a tough battle with Ajax for the title.....PSV must go to Ajax after the international break.

Sterling Archer

This is the effects of tv money. Unfortunately Ajaxs long term staying power has a ceiling in the quality of their league. Id love to see an unlikely CL win though

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
People are predicting doom for them since they will lose some key players but, they will be fine. They are going to stay on roughly the same level since they have arguably the best youth recruitment in Europe and their academy is starting to produce players again. Once Daley Blind joined Maxmillian Wober struggled to get starts so he left in January... he is starting for Sevilla right now. David Neres who was fantastic against is not a consistent starter for them this season. They will lose guys but, they have young players who might be ready to step up and they have the ability to sign some of the best young players around.

Just shoot me

We haven't seen the best of this Ajax yet. They've sold De Jong, but with Ryan Gravenberch they have got a new world class prospect from their academy. Only 16 or 17 years, but made his debut already. Very complete and comparable with Pogba. Crazy talented kid.

Trizy

Should move Ajax to the Premier League. Great club, well respected by all.

In turn giving them feck loads of that PL monies and making them a powerhouse again.

I'd love to see them win it. They're a proper club, just a shame in the modern era their league will never generate enough money for them to be competitive.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Best club ever yada yada yada, they're amazing, I want to have their kids.

Also:

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool

They've also got a good chance versus Spurs, & the winner of the Liverpool/Bayern tie. Can't see them beating the oil clubs or Atletico, though... Maybe Lyon? :D

Gfooty

Also:
27 feb 2019 Feyenoord - Ajax 0-3
27 jan 2019 Feyenoord - Ajax 6-2
28 oct 2018 Ajax - Feyenoord 3-0

That's 8-6 with 2 away games out of 3 in one season.

onemanarmy

We haven't seen the best of this Ajax yet. They've sold De Jong, but with Ryan Gravenberch they have got a new world class prospect from their academy. Only 16 or 17 years, but made his debut already. Very complete and comparable with Pogba. Crazy talented kid.
They'll lose 4-5 players the next window. They have money, but top players will never join the Dutch league. They'll continue to produce good young players from their academy but won't win a thing in Europe, unfortunately.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Great to see Ajax doing well - the antidote to the poison of petrodollars.

Shame the team will be dismantled within 2 years.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nowhere.

PSV will win the title, they'll go out of europe in the next round, their talent will be picked up by larger teams in the summer.

They'll get a lot of money but spend it poorly.

Repeat process in 10 years. It's the Ajax way.
They are 5 points behind PSV, having played a game less and host PSV at the end of the month. So I'd say they've got a fantastic chance of winning the league.

Liked what I saw of Beek last night.Looks like he's got good composure,seems like he can run forever and looks like he's got a great attitude.

Canagel

Great to see Ajax doing well - the antidote to the poison of petrodollars.

Shame the team will be dismantled within 2 years.
2 years? 6 months more like. like the Monaco 16/17 team.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Seems they've got a really nice team atm (although inevitably it will be broken up in the summer). De Jong and De Ligt actually stepping up to the hype in a major game is great to see anyway.

Would be surprised if they won their quarter final though (unless they draw Porto/Roma). Usually a team that lacks experience on big stage usually has a dip after a major win so I'd back Spurs, Man. City, PSG and Atletico Madrid to beat them. (Think they could give Barca and Munich/Liverpool good games).

Paul_Scholes18

Might even go all the way this season. I am not too impressed with a lot of teams. Against Atletico, Porto/Roma, Spurs I give them good odds to win. They have already done well against Bayern and can do it again. I guess they have a chance against us too after we beat PSG ;). I think Barcelona have shown to go down in the late stages the last few years too. City will probably win the damn thing though, but hope someone can stop them.

ArjenIsM3

Also:

Unfortunately for you, that was one freak game where none of them turned up and you lot managed to motivate yourself to play way above your level just this one match. This is demonstrated by your loss to Excelsior just a week later. Feyenoord have been dogshite for ages. Even the 16/17 season when you won the league you did it by playing really ugly football. I hope you lot up your game to the point where it becomes a contest again because for too long have Ajax and PSV had a monopoly. We need all three clubs firing on all cilinders again to take the competition back to a respectable level and to get the Dutch national team back to where they "belong". This is coming from a neutral point of view by the way, as I don't really support any Eredivisie club.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Unfortunately for you, that was one freak game where none of them turned up and you lot managed to motivate yourself to play way above your level just this one match. This is demonstrated by your loss to Excelsior just a week later. Feyenoord have been dogshite for ages. Even the 16/17 season when you won the league you did it by playing really ugly football. I hope you lot up your game to the point where it becomes a contest again because for too long have Ajax and PSV had a monopoly. We need all three clubs firing on all cilinders again to take the competition back to a respectable level and to get the Dutch national team back to where they "belong". This is coming from a neutral point of view by the way, as I don't really support any Eredivisie club.
Imagine being a Feyenoord supporter and giving a feck about whether they play ugly football. PSV will probably win the league yet again with "ugly" football this year. Such is life. Bottom line, Ajax hasnt won anything, but positive reviews from critics in 5 years.

Also, the national team and the league are two separate things. The Eredivisie being shite doesnt mean all Dutch players are shite, just that the good ones go abroad. Our good players always play abroad. Robben, Van Persie, Sneijder, vd Vaart, Van Bommel, Kuyt, they all played in different leagues in 2010 when we made the final.

This is not a turning point for the Eredivisie, Ajax is not winning the CL and next year all their gems will leave for Barca and the likes. There, they will develop further which will benefit our national team just the same. Then Ajax will develop more talented youngsters who go abroad once they make a few goals. It's the way it works. Our league has no money, so it has no appeal. End of story.

And seeing as you are familiar with freak results. Yesterday was as much a freak result as Feyenoord beating Ajax 6-2. It's a one of. Real are still bigger than Ajax and will still win more prizes and attract bigger players for the next decade.

Lastly, my post was a joke, I'm ecstatic with yesterdays result, but my "supports: Feyenoord" tag understandably gives me the, erm, opposite of benefit of the doubt.

Ps: no one is neutral. Unless you're a robot, you have atleast some sort of preference. What's the point of football if you're completely neutral. Give in to your humanity man.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Not seen any of their matches in the Champions league this season, not even brief highlights, thanks BT !

Does anybody know how Daley Blind has played, and in what position in the Champions League ?

And as for the rest of the competition, with a favourable draw they could win it, why not, and become the first club to win it having had to play three qualifying rounds just to get into it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Not seen any of their matches in the Champions league this season, not even brief highlights, thanks BT !

Does anybody know how Daley Blind has played, and in what position in the Champions League ?

And as for the rest of the competition, with a favourable draw they could win it, why not, and become the first club to win it having had to play three qualifying rounds just to get into it.
You would fit right in as a pundit :wenger:

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Cruyff said it himself years ago : "it saddens me that Ajax didn't take the necessary steps to become a Big Club like Barcelona".

Small country and league, I know, but still... I'd say that Porto is a bigger club than Ajax, for example.

Also their last Top Top Generation was the Van Gaal one. 25 years ago. Some great players in the '00s and '10s but not good enough to win the UCL before selling them.

Sjaakmeoff

Cruyff said it himself years ago : "it saddens me that Ajax didn't take the necessary steps to become a Big Club like Barcelona".

Small country and league, I know, but still...

Also their last Top Top Generation was the Van Gaal one. 25 years ago.
Don't want to correct the master, because he knew a lot about football. The business side wasn't his best quality tbh.

Seriously, there's no way Ajax could have become as big as Barca.