Ajax - Man Utd | EL Final Build-up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

Agreed,This place will go Bat sh!t if we loose tomorrow.

This is probably the first final in a while I havent been confident we can win post SAF as the EFL one I thought we would win easily only it didnt exactly pan out that way only for some brilliance from Ibra.
My hope is that Jose is an expert for the finals and he'll motivate the players, if they need any more motive, this being a way to a CL and a European trophy which we haven't won.

Jeffthered

Hmm. Must admit I am a little worried. More than a little worried in fact. We need a couple of players to find their scoring touch. Somehow. And we don't have many.

Have to remain positive. But I am worried.

If we lose, Mourinho is pretty much f****d. We go back to where we were a couple of seasons ago. Massive game. A truly, massive game.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
My hope is that Jose is an expert for the finals and he'll motivate the players, if they need any more motive, this being a way to a CL and a European trophy which we haven't won.
Motivation wont be the problem,its whats at stake for the club and the players if we loose which creates a pressure on our players for tomorrows match.
The way this season has gone this team doesnt handle pressure well I fear.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Indeed. He eloquently expresses why today's press conference was rightly cancelled unlike those balloons in here earlier who were for some reason blaming Jose.
I felt that Ogden & co were just pissed off that they'd have to rely on their alleged skills as writers to come up with content, rather than use the easy option of mere conference reporting. This kind of outrage and laziness is behind the complaints about foreign managers not speaking English, as if professionals owe reporters a living without the inconvenience of research and effort.

strangeways

I hope we don't get a goal in front and play defensive. We really should clout this mob.
I don't mind what we do as long as we don't start off defensive, fellaini is my only concern he can bully them and will definitely start the game, but as we all know he can't be trusted.

willhse456

Getting really excited for this game now, everything is on the line, and that's what makes football so great and emotional in my opinion. Really, really hope we don't set up defensively as it's just asking for trouble...

el3mel

Just can't take this game from my head. It will make or break my mood for3 months till the start of next season.

Just 90 minutes, haven't been as nervous of 90 minutes of football as this before. Us losing will be a massive footballing shock for me.

Just a win by any way and the world will look great again.

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Getting really excited for this game now, everything is on the line, and that's what makes football so great and emotional in my opinion. Really, really hope we don't set up defensively as it's just asking for trouble...
I genuinely think it's our only way to win. Not only are Ajax probably well used to teams sitting off them and so are prepared for it, we will give them a huge confidence boost if we do it.

Put them under real pressure early on, see if they can live with it. Also, even if we were to concede there's time to rally and get back into it.

Not so if we are holding on for dear life like the semi.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I was thinking, with all this talk about us being the more experienced side, we don't have that many player who've actually played a European final but we have more than I initially thought! Rooney, Carrick, de Gea, Herrera, Mata, Valencia, Pogba. Of course, only Rooney, Carrick and Valencia have played a European final (as of right now!) for us.

redspoony

We're in a final and I should feel all kinds of things. I should be nervous and excited.

Yet, after what happened Monday night, I'm not feeling much of anything.

I'm sure come kick off I will be up for it, but it all feels a bit trivial right now.

Kant-ona

Can't remember to be so pessimistic before a match. maybe because we hardly played good 90 minutes in the whol tournament.

Bojan11

Just to confirm, no trophy parade if win manage to win?
Do you think a trophy parade is something that should happen considering what's going on in Manchester.

Even then I can't see council letting us do it. They didn't let us do it in 2008 when Rangers fans decided they couldn't take losing. So with the terror level already critical, I don't think it's wise having thousands of people on the streets altogether. The police already have enough work to do.

Hopefully we do not do a trophy parade. For me just do the job and then end the season. Of course the players are allowed to celebrate in private, but I hope we do not overdo it.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
With all that's gone and going on in our city, I am struggling to get excited over a football match. Not sure if the game should have been postponed tbh.

RedGib

With all that's gone and going on in our city, I am struggling to get excited over a football match. Not sure if the game should have been postponed tbh.
Totally agree mate, even if we win it, I feel it is hardly a time for celebration....I can imagine the players celebrations will be very subdued if we win and that will be what many fans will feel too....

Status
Not open for further replies.