Alan Pardew in at West Brom. | Now out

Alabaster Codify7

Had to happen, but I guarantee this man will be on the touchline somewhere by October this year, in the Premier League.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Was always put across as a good manager since reaching those lofty heights with Newcastle and getting that 6 year deal, was a joke then and still is now.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Never really bothered with him until He did that stupid dance on the field... He went clubbing in the middle of FA Cup final, what a tit.
His team lost as well.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
As shit as he is, clearly those players don’t give a shit.

It’s an absolute clusterfeck of a squad, and consummate ‘professional’ such as Gareth Barry are undertaking weekly benders in local teenage hotspots.

Pardew should probably be absolved of any blame this time, but because it’s Pardew...:lol::devil:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Lambert, Hughes, Pardew, Clement, Allardyce, Hodgson, Moyes etc., should really give up on managing in the Premier League. They're just shite!

Saying that, I'm calling it here now for Pardew to resurface at Cardiff next season.

Revaulx

Im far from a Pardew fan but he had too much to do, Pulis ruined that squad physically and mentally and whoever took that job was on a hiding to nothing. That said he is a dreadful manager who should never sniff the PL again.
Yeah. Giving Pardew the job was idiotic, but it was still right to get rid of Pulis.

It doesn’t seem that long ago that West Brom were associated with decent football. They even played some good stuff under Hodgson.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Had to happen, but I guarantee this man will be on the touchline somewhere by October this year, in the Premier League.
I don’t think he will. This ruins his credibility in the Premier League until he makes his way back up from the Championship, I think. Then again Moyes found work after disasters at United and Sunderland so you might be correct.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Good. The guy is a hack. Newcastle fans got pelters for lambasting him, but they were right. He did it again at Palace, got them playing good football, but when it goes south he becomes the worst possible manager to have, and it's a downward spiral until someone pulls the plug on him. The only difference at West Brom was that the squad was full of so many hopeless nobodies that he couldn't even get the bright start he normally gets. I don't know how could have saved that team, but Pardew was definitely the wrong man.

He'll give you a decent 6 months from the start, but then he reverts to type, but those 6 months fools people into thinking he's a good manager. When he got Palace in to the top half, his name was being mentioned as a possible England manager. Then it went to shit, as it always does.

He is terrible, but I bet he'll be managing a bottom 6 PL club next season at some point.

SuzieQ

Good. The guy is a hack. Newcastle fans got pelters for lambasting him, but they were right. He did it again at Palace, got them playing good football, but when it goes south he becomes the worst possible manager to have, and it's a downward spiral until someone pulls the plug on him. The only difference at West Brom was that the squad was full of so many hopeless nobodies that he couldn't even get the bright start he normally gets. I don't know how could have saved that team, but Pardew was definitely the wrong man.

He'll give you a decent 6 months from the start, but then he reverts to type, but those 6 months fools people into thinking he's a good manager. When he got Palace in to the top half, his name was being mentioned as a possible England manager. Then it went to shit, as it always does.

He is terrible, but I bet he'll be managing a bottom 6 PL club next season at some point.
This was my thoughts on it as well. Newcastle fans were desperate to get rid of him, then he took over palace and it looked like it was the newcastle players who were to blame for the poor performances after all. Half a season later and he shows that it was him after all. Ill be honest and say I fell for it too at the time. The turn around he made at palace didnt seem like it was a fluke, but shows what I know.

The real question is will westbrom think out side the box now and get someone who isnt in on the musical chairs style manager selection process? Or will they finally break the circle of failure and try going with someone new? I dont understand why clubs dont take chances on new, even young managers. It cant be any worse than getting 6 months here and there from the usual crowd before they nose dive into the bottom three and repeat the process.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
There’s little to no quality in that squad but Pardew has been shocking. Evans apart, who else is good enough?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
There’s little to no quality in that squad but Pardew has been shocking. Evans apart, who else is good enough?
Plenty of players that are good enough. Pulis just did a shit job of renewing the squad. Most of their better players are over 30. Their defense looks better on paper than most teams above them but they have very, very little going forward in the creative department and Pulis wasn't one that trained a team to play football. Their Goalkeeper-DB-MC spine is fine but there's little around it.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
As shit as he is, clearly those players don’t give a shit.

It’s an absolute clusterfeck of a squad, and consummate ‘professional’ such as Gareth Barry are undertaking weekly benders in local teenage hotspots.

Pardew should probably be absolved of any blame this time, but because it’s Pardew...:lol::devil:
So you don't think it's the manager's job to motivate the squad?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Pardew really should never work in the PL again after his spells at Palace and West Brom

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
A manager can only do so much. At some point the players have to take responsibility for their own actions.
A new manager was brought in to motivate the team, Pardew completely failed to do that, even a little bit.

If the squad can see he's a clueless twat, that's the manager's fault, not the player's.

I am sure your average, journeyman, PL player knows full well these merry go round managers are a load of shite.

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
To be fair to Pulis, he did the right thing. He went down a level to work his way back up, which is what SHOULD happen to the merry-go-round managers but never seems to happen. Pardew should be working at Chester or Barnet or something next time he appears.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
So you don't think it's the manager's job to motivate the squad?
Of course I do, but the few times I've seen WBA this season there has been nothing more obvious than a 'cba' attitude. Strikingly similar to the way Villa went down - some decent players in there but quite clearly happy to take home a healthy pay packet with no repercussions.

Obviously in 2018 he's inferior to a Sean Dyche or a Eddie Howe who probably would get a bit more out of the current WBA squad...but I don't think even they could work with these idiots.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
To be fair to Pulis, he did the right thing. He went down a level to work his way back up, which is what SHOULD happen to the merry-go-round managers but never seems to happen. Pardew should be working at Chester or Barnet or something next time he appears.
The mad thing is that Pardew already did this before. After he flopped at Charlton and got them relegated and going nowhere in the Championship he went down to Southampton to buff his CV back up. The club had a points deduction to insulate him from criticism for a season. He was sacked in August the season after.