Alan Pardew in at West Brom. | Now out

Minkaro

I think the thought process behind it was they were so bored with the mind numbing football that Pulis was serving up. They thought by bringing in someone like Pardew that they could implement a more attractive style of play. Easier said than done. That's why the likes of Big Sam, Woy continue to get jobs. The football's not great to watch but effective.
If that was the case, Pulis would probably still be there. But (from Wikipedia): "Pulis was sacked as West Brom manager on 20 November 2017, after a bad run of results where they had won only four of their last 22 Premier League games, a run stretching back to 2016–17."

Mind you, at this stage I'm not sure what any manager is going to be able to do with the team. There aren't many players at West Brom capable of producing that attractive style of play - maybe Chadli, maybe Burke, but they haven't done it yet this season, so it's unlikely they'll start now.

cyberman

What a shambles of a manager.
Alan Pardew has now won 7 of his last 54 games as a Premier League manager, across Palace and West Brom.
This really needs to be highlighted.

Nickosaur

Is there any point in getting rid of him now? They're doomed surely?

ZAGREB RED

I am just imagining a scenario where he is sacked by West Brom then almost immediately installed as the new Southampton manager in the next few days. I doubt it though. WBA look doomed, I think they are more likely to stick with him until the end of the season then review his position in the summer or maybe look at an interim appointment for the rest of the season and bring in a new coach for the Championship.
He might turn things around, but it would need a huge upsurge in their fortunes to do it. They look really poor, although they did beat Liverppol in the Cup at Anfield so that was a bright spot.

Javi

Only manager to achieve less point per game than the guy he replaced.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
This didn't exactly work out. That FA Cup final dance has destroyed him.

Art Vandelay

He'll most likely still get a huge pay off when he gets sacked and then pushed by his mates in the media as the best candidate to save someone next season. Sickening dancing twat.

DavidDeSchmikes

Pardew's recent PL record reads something like 7 wins in 55 games.
It's like the footballing gods are punishing him for that dance in the FA Cup final

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
Let's see which club he goes to, the merry go around will go on.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Im far from a Pardew fan but he had too much to do, Pulis ruined that squad physically and mentally and whoever took that job was on a hiding to nothing. That said he is a dreadful manager who should never sniff the PL again.

IrishRedDevil

Horrible decision to appoint him in the first place. Hopefully managers like him and Hughes will make way for fresh blood.

GeorgieBoy

No doubt he'll be managing another relegation-fighting club next season. These shit clubs never learn.
"But he's got PL experience".
Yeah of being relegated.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Might do a Pulis and step down to manage a big championship club

What a load of tomfoolery, whoever appointed him should follow him out the door too.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He’s kinda lucky to be sacked before the end of the season. He’s doomed West Brom but now he gets away with actually relegating them and some other poor chump has to stand in and be the one.

cyberman

Like Pulis, he gets away without technically relegating the club.
Its an old trick to protect the cv

Skills

Snitch
Back to West Ham next season after Moyes leaves? Wouldn't that be a nice round trip.