Gaming Alan Wake Remastered - PlayStation/Xbox/PC

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Rumoured to be on October the 8th. Don't think that date is confirmed though. I really liked this game. Thought the combat was interesting and it had a great armosphere.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Never played the original. Was it as dull as Control is?
Boo! Control is awesome.

I liked Alan Wake personally. The story and atmosphere were the standouts. The combat was interesting as it wasn't your typical gun-down- everything-in-sight type of combat.

The Firestarter

Feck off with these remasters already . Fully expecting HL1 next gen release now.

Also , If you think Control is a boring game you are doing gaming wrong.

MadMike

Excellent game imo, I enjoyed it immensely.

I can understand the rationale behind remakes. There are 10-20yo games that young players have not played and wouldn't get to play because they are on old consoles they don't own. Or the graphics are too shit for them to spend time on them. So a remake exposes a younger audience to a cult game and it's a win-win for production companies because they cash in again on an existing title. In the same way a movie remake can expose an old film to a younger audience.

Obviously for old farts like me that has played all the original games, this isn't so appealing. But I don't think I'm the target audience either.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
This game doesn't need effin remaster. It's not even a classic to begin with.

Why won't they try bring PC-DOS title like the first Alone in the Dark game. That could use some remaster, but it have to be done with someone competent and the industry lacks someone like that atm.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Weird but not unexpected. I liked it but even at the time it was only ever a decent 7/10 game with some obvious problems. The atmosphere is good if you like Stephen King stuff. The story is enjoyable but not particularly engrossing. The gameplay is repetitive and basically the same throughout - Wake goes to do something, inevitably involving his wife, ends up in a split reality where he battles demon foes, running from one place to another. Repeat that 6 times.

I think for a remaster to work they'll have to go over the actual game's design, which would be a lot of work.

The Hilton

I thought the original was a great game, really chilling and atmospheric in a way that very few games manage. The story was good too. If this leads to AW2 and a story resolution then I'm all for it.

Bosws87

It’s an average game 6/7 out of 10 played it on the 360 back in the day when it was hyped to be the next big thing on Xbox never really got near to its promise or build up.

Worth a play through if you haven’t played it before. The light mechanic was quite unique back then and the atmosphere, Wouldn’t buy it again.

The Firestarter

I thought the original was a great game, really chilling and atmospheric in a way that very few games manage. The story was good too. If this leads to AW2 and a story resolution then I'm all for it.
Control's final dlc leads to Aw2, this will only drain dev resources.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Better than Control and especially Quantum Break and one of my favourite gems on the 360, but definitely no need for a remaster. On PC is still looks and plays like a much more recent game.

But they are building the universe so I guess as this was overlooked a fair bit on release they are pushing it out to jog memories before a true sequel to this/control.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
A quick Google tells me that control is another game set in the same universe? Didn't even know about it. Is it worth playing?
It's a decent enough game and dirt cheap/on gamepass now. I'm not as big a fan as I wish I was, and the Alan Wake DLC was flat, but it's worth a play. Especially as most of their future games are likely to be part of this universe they are building.