2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Bwuk

Poor decision to play him just back from a long haul flight from Argentina.
Thought he played in LA?

He wasn’t great today, but I thought it was stupid him coming off. Rashford was garbage, as was McTominay. Either of them should have came off. You always feel like Garnacho can make something happen.

Doracle

Thought he played in LA?

He wasn’t great today, but I thought it was stupid him coming off. Rashford was garbage, as was McTominay. Either of them should have came off. You always feel like Garnacho can make something happen.
Garnacho was our worst player today, by a country mile (and I gave two other players lower ratings than I’ve given anyone all season). He clearly wasn’t fit after the international matches and kudos to him for trying to play anyway but Eric should have known not to play him or at least taken him off at half time.

Woziak

Garnacho was our worst player today, by a country mile (and I gave two other players lower ratings than I’ve given anyone all season). He clearly wasn’t fit after the international matches and kudos to him for trying to play anyway but Eric should have known not to play him or at least taken him off at half time.
This is why elite squads need 6/7 top options for the front 3/4 positions, united current front three should be our reserve options for better more experienced players,

Bertie Wooster

Poor decision to play him just back from a long haul flight from Argentina.
I was surprised he started, yeah.

I posted in the pre-game thread that I thought we'd probably start with the fresher Antony and just give Garnacho half an hour or so after his international exploits.

Really wish we'd opted for that choice.

always_hoping

Played twice for Argentina recently didn't he? was very flat tonight and when he's not making things happen for United this season few others step up.

E-mal

Needed some time out, criminal to burn him out so early in his career

Red00012

He’s 19 he’s started something like 20 odd games in a row for us and factor in he’s just come off a flight from the other side of the world.

Nicolarra90

Not sure if the Real Madrid thing is parody or not, but they already have far better players than him
Well Vini and Rodrygo looked like a scam in their first two seasons so we'll have to wait and see what's Garnacho's real ceiling.

jem

I've always felt that Garnacho should be our young, up-and-coming impact sub (much like he was last year.) Of course it's not his fault that he's had to be a regular starter, and he's performed well at times, but it can't be any surprise that he's been inconsistent.

Fahad Jawaid

It may be an unpopular opinion but I don’t see it in him. You could see it with Janujaz, Greenwood Hojlund and Mainoo but with him he has too many flaws in his game. I would be tempted to start Amad in place of him.

He is physically weak, pace is average (yesterday he tried to a Bale like kick and run and funnily enough he was at least 10 yards behind the player). His decision making is shocking (never squares it), finishing is average at best and shot power is also weak, more like feeble shots.

In the summer he has to work on his physical level to be able to compete with fullbacks. But i am not sure even after that how his decision making, crossing, finishing will improve. Ideally he should be a sub player at this level never a starter. This actually shows how big a flop Antony has been, who was supposedly a big money RW signing.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
3rd brace for us this season, most goal contributions by a teenager in the league this season. If nothing else it’s been a great breakthrough season for him.

Robaldo

Real shame as it deserved to be his night.

Thought the goals had shades of Ronaldo away to Arsenal in 04/05 - but Ronaldo had proper teammates...

always_hoping

Joint top PL goalscorer for us. Deserved to be on the winning side tonight.
Certainly. As with pretty much every game for United this season he's trying to make things happen But United would be in a better place this season if had more players like him.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I know Dalot has been decent, and Mainoo is a revelation but surely this guy right here is POTY?! He’s sooo good.
He's clubhouse leader for it right now. Player of the year doesn't mean as much in a historically bad season though

IrishMcD

Absolute madness taking him off. Especially when you add McTom and Rashford coming on. Killed any chance of catching them on the transition. That’s twice this year he’s been on for a hattrick, still running and chasing and looking fresh, and then gets subbed and we lose all momentum. Poor from management again.

klayton88

Absolute madness taking him off. Especially when you add McTom and Rashford coming on. Killed any chance of catching them on the transition. That’s twice this year he’s been on for a hattrick, still running and chasing and looking fresh, and then gets subbed and we lose all momentum. Poor from management again.
As soon as he came off they were all over us. He was a great out ball every single time. Stupid decision.

ForeverRed1

Liverpool in 2 days and he’ll be starting.

ForFuchsSake

Wonder how he'd fare within a semi/fully functioning decent side and not amongst this wave of wasters. Certainly has flaws in his game but he's had a great season within the context of the club's season. Feel fans are really harsh on him at times. His game-winning ability and drive is excellent.

IrishMcD

As soon as he came off they were all over us. He was a great out ball every single time. Stupid decision.
Yup. We lost all pace and direction in our transitions.
Didn’t help either that at that stage of the match we had a sulking traffic cone as a number 9 and a cm with the first touch of an elephant .

IrishMcD

Liverpool in 2 days and he’ll be starting.
As he should. But so will Bruno. So will Antony. Why sub off our most influential player tonight? He had them on toast everytime we broke. The change of style invited Chelsea onto us. We threw away three points. Next match should not come into it when you’re 1 goal up in a massive match.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Such a quality player. Glad we have him here, will be a huge player for us in the future.

united for life

The defence let him down. Why take him off any way? He's so dangerous in transition.
it’s an ETH thing. He often doesn’t know what he’s doing unfortunately.

garnacho was superb again today. At this young age, he is one of few players who put in a consistent performance (good performance) week in week out.

ForeverRed1

As he should. But so will Bruno. So will Antony. Why sub off our most influential player tonight? He had them on toast everytime we broke. The change of style invited Chelsea onto us. We threw away three points. Next match should not come into it when you’re 1 goal up in a massive match.
He’s started 28 games in a row and he’s still only 19, hes probably just protecting him for Liverpool. Antony won’t start.

Ekeke

Took his goals well and played well going forward. However he's too Rashford when we dont have the ball. He's a hard worker in attack, he's a soft worker when we dont have the ball

Stadjer

Took his goals well and played well going forward. However he's too Rashford when we dont have the ball. He's a hard worker in attack, he's a soft worker when we dont have the ball
Really? I see him sprint back to help defending quite often.

United Hobbit

One of the very few who can hold their heads high after tonight's "performance"

His workrate is fantastic, he was criticised at the start of the season for it and has really improved it

I hope he wants to stay as I can see offers coming in

Captmfla

It's amazing how good Garnacho has became this season. Coming back from behind to help the team with two great goals.

NoPace

Wonder how he'd fare within a semi/fully functioning decent side and not amongst this wave of wasters. Certainly has flaws in his game but he's had a great season within the context of the club's season. Feel fans are really harsh on him at times. His game-winning ability and drive is excellent.
Same thing as Mainoo. In a functioning side they'd be the 3rd winger and 4th midfielder, starting when there's an injury, lots of sub appearances and with established players around them, everyone moaning they should play more, instead of being our clear first choice winger and #8.