Alen Halilovic | Birmingham player

Cantona07

Most Games are played with ONE Ball but the REAL g
Dinamo Zagreb playmaker is only 16 but seen as one of the most exciting prospects in Croatian *football since Luka Modric

Manchester United target Alen Halilovic *is *trying to ignore the *rumours linking him with a move to Old Trafford.

And he insists that *comparisons with Lionel Messi are too premature.

The Dinamo Zagreb playmaker is only 16 but is seen as one of the most exciting prospects in Croatian *football since Luka Modric came on the scene.

United wanted Modric this summer but he only had eyes for Real Madrid.

Sir Alex Ferguson remains committed to leaving a *lasting legacy at United and continues to monitor Halilovic.

But the youngster says he does not want to think about the *speculation just now and insists his focus is on playing for Zagreb. He said: “Stories about Manchester United? I do not spend much time thinking about those *rumours. Dinamo Zagreb will *decide what happens.

“All I have to do is try to improve as much as I can – everything else does not matter now.”

Halilovic’s movement on the ball has been likened to a young Messi but the *Zagreb starlet wants to play down such talk.

He added: “I read in the newspapers that I look like Leo Messi when I play, but I think the comparison is simply exaggerated!

“Messi is a role model for many young players, but I do not know if everyone can be like him"

Drifter

American
Why does he have to be the next anything , i blame fm.

Erentz

Knows everything! 5 years later.
Dinamo Zagreb playmaker is only 16 but seen as one of the most exciting prospects in Croatian *football since Luka Modric

Manchester United target Alen Halilovic *is *trying to ignore the *rumours linking him with a move to Old Trafford.

And he insists that *comparisons with Lionel Messi are too premature.

The Dinamo Zagreb playmaker is only 16 but is seen as one of the most exciting prospects in Croatian *football since Luka Modric came on the scene.

United wanted Modric this summer but he only had eyes for Real Madrid.

Sir Alex Ferguson remains committed to leaving a *lasting legacy at United and continues to monitor Halilovic.

But the youngster says he does not want to think about the *speculation just now and insists his focus is on playing for Zagreb. He said: “Stories about Manchester United? I do not spend much time thinking about those *rumours. Dinamo Zagreb will *decide what happens.

“All I have to do is try to improve as much as I can – everything else does not matter now.”

Halilovic’s movement on the ball has been likened to a young Messi but the *Zagreb starlet wants to play down such talk.

He added: “I read in the newspapers that I look like Leo Messi when I play, but I think the comparison is simply exaggerated!

“Messi is a role model for many young players, but I do not know if everyone can be like him"

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
The next Adem Ljajic

puNANI

Have a mate that trialed at Zagreb last year. Told me about this kid and said he is an amazing prospect. The interest is true and Madrid are interested as well.

Keano16

Today he scored great goal (he came in as a substitute in 85th min.)

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
If we sign him Fergie should bollock him if he ever does the "Bale heart thingey" celebration again.

Claymore

The next Messi? What a pile of SH I. I mean Really? Ok, so he scored a couple of long run goals against some reserve sides who bothered moving less than we do and in an empty stadium where no one celebrated yet he's the next Messi?

What like Anderson was the next Ronaldinho or Nani was the next Ronaldo Mikel was the next Makele and Aimar was the next Maradona or whatever. We hear this stuff all the time about young foreign potentials and only when its Liverpool saying Martyn Skrtel is the next Vidic do we laugh. We've got enough of these young kids from abroad, lets by an established player or two and then develop OUR OWN!!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The next Messi? What a pile of SH I. I mean Really? Ok, so he scored a couple of long run goals against some reserve sides who bothered moving less than we do and in an empty stadium where no one celebrated yet he's the next Messi?

What like Anderson was the next Ronaldinho or Nani was the next Ronaldo Mikel was the next Makele and Aimar was the next Maradona or whatever. We hear this stuff all the time about young foreign potentials and only when its Liverpool saying Martyn Skrtel is the next Vidic do we laugh. We've got enough of these young kids from abroad, lets by an established player or two and then develop OUR OWN!!
Messi was hailed as the next Maradona.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I like the Croatian technical players, and although I hate judging from Youtube videos, I like the look of this prospect (although I insist it's too hard to really judge from so little footage). Probably has the talent, but still extremely young, him leaving to a big club wouldn't necessary be the best move at the moment I reckon.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
i can do what messi do in the past, running around against 7 people and score, heck shitloads of sunday park player can play.

but to hack it in the cold brit.... i mean to hack it at the highest level is what differentiates a messi and a messi wannabe

Jonno

I have mates that have played semi-pro who can do what he has done. But he does have great ability, lets see what happens in the next 5 years

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The problem is not doing slaloms, but doing it against fellow top athletes.

I've seen kids at park doing what messi does, but seriously, that's just because the other kids are just kids, should they play like their life depends on it it'll be another story.

That what makes Messi a great, because he's doing it against the top level athlete

Levo

Band of Brothers
Made his debut in the CL last night against PSG.

Sounds like some talent.

Keano16

I was at the game. He came in in added time... Most probably coach will be fired because of that (not a joke) :-)

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
That really could be a fantastic photo in the future if he turns out to be a true talent. I can't believe how Ibra dwarfs him completely.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
Christ, he looks 12 years old!

I'd love to see stats of the amount of young talents who've been labeled the next Messi the last few years btw. That video earlier doesn't really say much though, looks like he's only playing other 15-16 year olds, I remember Ben Arfa was touted as the next Zidane at that age.

Brightonian

We've got enough of these young kids from abroad, lets by an established player or two and then develop OUR OWN!!
I do agree with that part. Our U18s side, in particular, is chock-a-block full of real talents. If we keep signing 18-year-olds from abroad, our own are going to stagnate, and not get the first-team chances they'll need to progress. Put Pereira, Januzaj or Daehli in that Dinamo team and they'd be impressing too.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Who knows, I think he played one full game in croatian league and made two or three sub appearances and that's about it. And those videos are from some croatian junior leagues or something like that. He is just one of million talents in the world.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I remember youtube videos of Ljajic made him look like world beater.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He scored a good goal few weeks ago, but this made me chuckle:

DFreshKing

I do agree with that part. Our U18s side, in particular, is chock-a-block full of real talents. If we keep signing 18-year-olds from abroad, our own are going to stagnate, and not get the first-team chances they'll need to progress. Put Pereira, Januzaj or Daehli in that Dinamo team and they'd be impressing too.
Solid mancunians them. :lol: