Alen Halilovic | Birmingham player

Yagami

Good post resistant
I looked him up yesterday and now this gets bumped!

He made a mistake moving to AC Milan. He was finally finding his feet at Las Palmas and prematurely jumped to another big club instead of making the most of a club that was starting to put their faith in him.

I loved him at Las Palmas. He and one of my favourite players - Jonathan Viera - played some beautiful stuff. At the time, they were linking up together the same way Silva and Nasri would for City. I think J.Viera was hugely underrated, but I digress!

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
He was way overrated based on short youtube video compilation few years ago, and earned a international call due to Dinamo's president having his corrupted friends in the Croatian FA from what I can remember, only to earn him money from big transfer back then, so he was always going to fail considering he was never a great talent to begin with.

Croatia had better talents over the years who didn't get anywhere near same treatment in their national team.
Bolded part is what you've got wrong, the rest in true, Mamić did use his connections to elevate his status to national team in order to sell him and make money, but he was hell of a talent at youth level.

What they did wrong was pushing him to first team too early, he was never phsyically ready for senior football at the age of 16, should've let him develop properly, but both Mamić and Halilović parent got money hungry and basically ruined him in the long run.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
FFS.
:lol:

I saw him in I think 2016 playing on loan for Gijon and it was a pretty good loan spell for him so kept tabs on him over next few years. Move to Milan and then Hamburg were total busts and I think he then went to Las Palmas and struggled to impose himself there which was a signal his career was stalling.

Lost track of him in last two years and he does this to me! Blues have been horrendous to watch this year which probably isn't a surprise given how bad Boro were to watch under Karanka. He's very much the Spanish Pulis so if he can adapt to English game he might actually be a good fit for them in number 10 position.

They do have another Croatian there, Sunjic who's been a regular for Croatia under 21s so presume those two have played together so could help him settle in more.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I looked him up yesterday and now this gets bumped!

He made a mistake moving to AC Milan. He was finally finding his feet at Las Palmas and prematurely jumped to another big club instead of making the most of a club that was starting to put their faith in him.

I loved him at Las Palmas. He and one of my favourite players - Jonathan Viera - played some beautiful stuff. At the time, they were linking up together the same way Silva and Nasri would for City. I think J.Viera was hugely underrated, but I digress!
Lemos the Uruguay CB was another decent up and coming player, hit a mad long range free kick. Moved to Italy and career also stalled and now I think he's in Turkey.

Yeah was an interesting team Quique Setien put together, think Jese was also there for a spell. Would give anyone a game in Gran Canaria but were hopeless away.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Bolded part is what you've got wrong, the rest in true, Mamić did use his connections to elevate his status to national team in order to sell him and make money, but he was hell of a talent at youth level.

What they did wrong was pushing him to first team too early, he was never phsyically ready for senior football at the age of 16, should've let him develop properly, but both Mamić and Halilović parent got money hungry and basically ruined him in the long run.
Yeah, don't get me wrong, he was great talent at young age but he hardly showed it at senior level. And from what I have seen from him on senior level, he hardly showed anything special during 17-20 year old age. I mean, Bojan Krkic made 30 apps for Barcelona and scored 10 goals in his first debut season, Halilovic couldn't do that for Dinamo, or even Barcelona B in Segunda.