Alessandro Nesta

Wittmann45

I have been really impressed by him whenever I have seen him play. Last time I saw him play was when Milan defeated Liverpool in the CL Final...

So, I haven't seen him play for over a year, I am pretty sure he wasn't in the Italian team for Euro 2008 (is he retired from international play?), how good was he last year? I really don't pay attention to Serie A, but know that Milan didn't have the best of years...

How has he been doing since Milan won the Champions League?

^Red Devil^

I'm pretty sure he has had a problem with injuries. He has been class since he was with lazio over a decade ago, with Veron, Mihajlovic, Nedved, Simeone & Stankovic to name a few. It was a great team.

KanieKaned

If you compare both careers as a whole I think you'll find Nesta to be the better player, but if you go on current form our Rio comes out top.....

Nesta was fecking immense when fully fit

Lot 49

Doom
He was good last year, one of Milan's better players.

Had to spent far, far too much of his team babysitting other defenders though, especially Maldini when they played together. Reminded me a bit of Ferdinand-Blanc actually when that happened.

AttackingFlair

The only defender better than him right now is Rio Ferdinand. Before, he was better though and depending on form he could be the best again.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He has been out for 4 months with a back injury. Hes back in training now.
The fact that Rio suffers from back injuries a lot and the fact that they're both very similar in the way they defend makes me worried Rio might go through the same injury hell.

That wouldn't be good.

EZee

shame he was always injured at major international tournaments...

him and canavaro were a good partnership...

Vidicious

Flop
Unbelievable defender, so sad to see shit like Terry receiving CL Defender of Year these days, in his prime Nesta would rape John Terrys shit.

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
Nesta was a beast :drool:

Still, shocking lack of recognition for Carra in this thread

Name Changed

weso26
He is probably the best centre back that I have ever seen. His performances when Italy won the world cup were absolutely fantastic.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
He is probably the best centre back that I have ever seen. His performances when Italy won the world cup were absolutely fantastic.
He only played twice before getting injured during the group stages, when he was replaced by Materrazi.

I agree that he's the best centre half of the last 15 years or so.

Suedesi

Nesta was pure class, him and maldini in the same team must of scared attackers!
Maldini was never the most robust CB - he could do a job there, but it's not Batistuta, Ronaldo or Del Piero were overawed by the prospect of facing Maldini. He was one of the best LB in the world though - EVER.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
i ....my dad tells me he was the best CB he's ever seen..shame about the injuries though...
Really it is a shame. Man he was stupendous. He gave me ultimate joy twice in that period. Helping Germany win Euro 96 and best of all, master minding the defeat of mighty Juve in the champions league final. Winning me a huge amount of money in the process. I've never ever collected that much money from that many people before (better with my whole class that Dortmund would win because he was fit for the final:lol:). & probably never will again:D

That's why I simply love him

I've had never seen a defender, defend as effortlessly as he could yet be such a threat going forward, plus a competent and visionary passer.

Name Changed

weso26
It's Cannavaro you're talking about.
He only played twice before getting injured during the group stages, when he was replaced by Materrazi.

I agree that he's the best centre half of the last 15 years or so.
Sorry I got completely mixed up between Cannavaro and Nesta.

Anyway, in relation to Nesta, he was a fantastic player, maybe as good as Cannavaro, before all his recent injuries.