Alex Telles - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasT1981

According to Bouhafsi, yeah, and that's from Portuguese sources; no one else reliable ran with the story at the time. Even Romano was talking about how we were still in discussions with Telles' reps.
Ah fair enough.

To be honest, it's kinda hard to keep up these days :devil:. This window has exhausted me.

el3mel

How is Fabrizio's tweet any different than what we already know? Guy has reported nothing about us this market except for us agreeing personal terms but not with the club, on both Sancho and Telles. When you have something new, report it, bro.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
How is Fabrizio's tweet any different than what we already know? Guy has reported nothing about us this market except for us agreeing personal terms but not with the club, on both Sancho and Telles. When you have something new, report it, bro.
The only thing new is that he's now reporting a personal agreement between Telles and United.

NoLogo

And yet the club continues to give away contracts to the deadwoods with ridiculous amount of wages.
And I'm not happy about that either and maybe that is something which adds to the fact that we can't pay whatever other clubs ask of us just to make the fans happy. I'm not saying it's great business what we are doing, people just need to realize there is no infinite money supply at this club.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The plan B is Ajax's Tagliafico according to ESPN's Rob Dawson which backs up what John Cross reported a few days ago.

croadyman

The plan B is Ajax's Tagliafico according to ESPN's Rob Dawson which backs up what John Cross reported a few days ago.
Pretty decent plan B if we need it,presume whoever signs will be need to be registered by Fri to play against Spurs

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Pretty decent plan B if we need it,presume whoever signs will be need to be registered by Fri to play against Spurs
The plan B is at Ajax and if you look back at our signings post SAF then the players transfered from Ajax have come in without much fuss.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
The plan B is at Ajax and if you look back at our signings post SAF then the players transfered from Ajax have come in without much fuss.
If it is Tagliafico I don’t foresee any problems. We’ll pay a fair price and Ajax would accept it.

SATA

Ajax let go of their RB recently, didn’t they? Dest or something to Barca. Now they are going to let go another FB too? I actually prefer Tagliafico if i can choose to be honest

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Woodward really enjoys watching the sky sports deadline day doesn't he? that's the only explaination for why he leaves things so late.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Odd move for me, with Shaw and Williams I would have LB as our 3rd strongest position after attacking midfield and goalkeeper maybe on par with our LW.

RB, RW, Striker, CB ,CDM are all more pressing issues so don't quite understand the need for this above those positions

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
As I said all along this one will be the deadline day signing that woody thinks will be enough to pacify the fans.

Santos J

Odd move for me, with Shaw and Williams I would have LB as our 3rd strongest position after attacking midfield and goalkeeper maybe on par with our LW.

RB, RW, Striker, CB ,CDM are all more pressing issues so don't quite understand the need for this above those positions
Williams will be RB cover

032Devil

I read an article recently that the deal is much more complicated than United thought. Not only do they have to agree a deal and a price with his club and the player but also his previous club and his manager. Each step requiring a slice of the pie taking the total to a much higher price which United won't pay unless the club who own him now drop the asking price which is what the player has been begging his club to do. Saga continues.

Gandalf

Telles? I'd be surprised if he's not starting over Shaw by the end of the season if we do sign him.
I don't think he would be starting over Shaw automatically. We need to pick sides situationally and for me Shaw is far better defensively and so should be in the side for games against the top 6. Where Telles should be starting is in those games where we are struggling to create against a defensive opponent as his attacking flair may help to unlock the low block.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I honestly just don't think we're that keen on him. Even in this climate I don't think we'd have an issue paying between 15-20m euros for him if we were really sold on him. I think we're going to end up going for the third option Romano keeps mentioning.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I honestly just don't think we're that keen on him. Even in this climate I don't think we'd have an issue paying between 15-20m euros for him if we were really sold on him. I think we're going to end up going for the third option Romano keeps mentioning.
I think we are keen at low price, but no reason we should pay much for him. Shaw's clearly first choice and we have a back up. Add to that he'll be on a free next season, seems weird we would just rush to get this done.

3KDré

We should just offer them a straight swap for Dalot. Win win for both teams.

Rolaholic

In what world? Dalot has never shown us anything to suggest he’s a £20m player - not even close.
We signed him for around that much and his value has done nothing but diminish since, we'd honestly be lucky to recoup half his fee nowadays

They'd laugh in our face if we had the gall to try to flip him back to them for arguably their best player :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.