christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzYawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzz Yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Ajax let go of their RB recently, didn’t they? Dest or something to Barca. Now they are going to let go another FB too? I actually prefer Tagliafico if i can choose to be honest
The club already promised to the player that Tagliafico can leave. The guy can speak english which is also a plus compare to Telles. I never like defense that can't communicate to be honest.

SATA

The club already promised to the player that Tagliafico can leave. The guy can speak english which is also a plus compare to Telles. I never like defense that can't communicate to be honest.
Then let’s tell Porto to get fecked and get Ajax and Edwin on the phone again!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Then let’s tell Porto to get fecked and get Ajax and Edwin on the phone again!
Telles is more offensive while Tagliafico is more defensive. If the main reason why Ole picks Telles over Tagliafico probably for Telles's creativity especially his crossings. Either way, I think both are upgrade of Shaw.

el3mel

This will get done on deadline day and we won't sign anyone else, ready to bet.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
@Art
Alex Telles I believe will be an obvious upgrade on the left back position for United. He is a very capable defender and is a threat on the offensive end as well both with his good set piece taking ability, crossing, and shooting. He will help solidify your defense for sure,

Telles has been the best left back in the league every season he was at Porto IMO and I think most followers of the leagues opinion. Based on the fact Porto are in financial troubles I have no doubt United got him for a good fee which makes this a no brainer. Telles also has mileage on his legs as by this stage in his career he is experienced for a championship winning team and CL constant.

All in all solid pickup for Manchester United. Will be be a "world class" left back? at 27 already I would say no but I think at the moment he is a starter in this United team and helps improve the team.

Hope this helps mate!

Zoo

:lol: so which one is it
Not a Darmian, he was a punt for Van Gaal after looking impressive as a wingback at the World Cup. Telles has been known for a while as one of the quality LB’s in Europe.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
So we’ve apparently put in a 12 mil bid? Any truth in this?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I would prefer we target this lad from SCP for the role personally. He seems to be going from strength to strength and has a unreal engine.

ben.heff10

I would prefer we target this lad from SCP for the role personally. He seems to be going from strength to strength and has a unreal engine.

I think Ole wants an immediate improvement at LB. Wouldn't be opposed to getting both and loaning Mendes out however. I definitely agree that we need to look for more under the radar talents rather than the most obvious possible signing.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal

NOOO LEAVE HIM WITH US PLEASEEEE :lol::nono:

We have a lot go good young players breaking through that I would like stay for a season or two.

Daniel Braganca (midfielder) is another gem. The lad is special.

Nuno Mendes is another level though this kid is special. Should of had an assist as well but Tiago Tomas our 18 year old striker missed an open chance.

SportingCP96

Supports

Check out this bit of skill from Braganca last night.

This one was filthy as well from pre season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
NOOO LEAVE HIM WITH US PLEASEEEE

We have a lot go good young players breaking through that I would like stay for a season or two.

Daniel Braganca (midfielder) is another gem. The lad is special.

Nuno Mendes is another level though this kid is special. Should of had an assist as well but Tiago Tomas our 18 year old striker missed an open chance.
:lol:

He's a special talent and barring injuries will have a very good career.

Barangca is also another potentially excellent player in the making for sure. The Alcochete production line is churning out a number of very exciting young talents again which is great to see.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think Ole wants an immediate improvement at LB. Wouldn't be opposed to getting both and loaning Mendes out however. I definitely agree that we need to look for more under the radar talents rather than the most obvious possible signing.
I think you're right mate and I believe we'll end up signing either Telles or Tagliafico.

SportingCP96

Supports
:lol:

He's a special talent and barring injuries will have a very good career.

Barangca is also another potentially excellent player in the making for sure. The Alcochete production line is churning out a number of very exciting young talents again which is great to see.
Of the players coming through I have them separated by Tiers.

Tier 1: Nuno Mendes, Joelson Fernandes, Daniel Braganca
Tier 2: Eduardo Quaresma, Gonzalo Inacio
Tier 3: Matheus Nunes, Joao Oliveira, Tiago Tomas, Luis Maximiano (Could maybe work his way up to tier 2 and be a Patricio level player), Jovane Cabral, Plata (not a player from our academy but he is only 19 so I included him)

This is atm what I rank them at and it is subject to change as the season(s) progress. The names on Tier 1 and Tier 2 I am the most confident in "making it" Where as tier 3 is up in the air and still too early to tell. Tier 1 is the obvious standout players.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Of the players coming through I have them separated by Tiers.

Tier 1: Nuno Mendes, Joelson Fernandes, Daniel Braganca
Tier 2: Eduardo Quaresma, Gonzalo Inacio
Tier 3: Matheus Nunes, Joao Oliveira, Tiago Tomas, Luis Maximiano (Could maybe work his way up to tier 2 and be a Patricio level player), Jovane Cabral, Plata (not a player from our academy but he is only 19 so I included him)

This is atm what I rank them at and it is subject to change as the season(s) progress. The names on Tier 1 and Tier 2 I am the most confident in "making it" Where as tier 3 is up in the air and still too early to tell. Tier 1 is the obvious standout players.
I look forward to seeing them develop in the coming seasons. Exciting times once again regards the young players for SCP fans which will benefit the Selecao at International level too.

SportingCP96

Supports
I look forward to seeing them develop in the coming seasons. Exciting times once again regards the young players for SCP fans which will benefit the Selecao at International level too.
I just hope they stay long enough for us to gain both domestic success and not just financial. I have my doubts though.

ben.heff10

What do you think Dalot was?
I don't think Dalot is a write off yet - he had some very poor games in 19/20 but is still a long way from the finished article. My point is that our transfer strategy needs to be reevaluated - we've spent too many years involved in long, drawn out transfer sagas, then when we sign the player, they get a free pass for a few months and then the fanbase and manager decides they need to be replaced again (whether that is immediately or in the long run). Don't get me wrong, I think we've invested more wisely under Ole than under previous managers but there's still no long term recruitment strategy at a board level. You just know that if Ole gets sacked and a new manager comes in, they'll begin signing their own players again. Top prospects like Mendes should be looked at as long-term club investments rather than a manager signings his favourites, as has happened far too much over recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.