Alex Telles - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

man united 4eva

We're not only running out of options for a right winger.. we're also running out of options for a left back.. Alex Telles... Nicolas Tagliafico... Fode Ballo-Toure... Vitaliy Mykolenko.. We definitely need a left footed left back to cover/challenge Shaw as Williams is a right back and the team looks unbalanced every time he plays.. Alex Telles looks the one most likely to sign at this stage but i would.ve liked us to have gone for Fode Ballo-Toure.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
No, I would not be happy. But it's clearly working and I am pretty sure we will eventually agree on the price I mentioned. Some of you would have paid £30m in August I am sure.
We are in October though not August. There are many transfers that needs to be done and we are shit in multi-tasking. Should we waste more time then we have already lost? Also what happens if PSG swooped in and offered those 15m? We will look like the jerks everyone knows that we are

There's money to pay the Glazer's debt, their dividends and of course the salaries of the University of Bristol mob despite the latter keep on making mistakes that is costing us big time. Surely we can find a couple of millions to conclude this deal and make our club look less of a joke than everyone think we are.

Last edited:

Dan_F

jesus h Christ. It’s an example of a club negotiating.

For too long we have just paid what clubs want.

This is a player we want for a non-priority position, no other club in Europe is interested in him, who can sign a pre-contract in circa 3 months. No, let’s not bother negotiating.
Well done, my viewpoint was definitely let’s just pay whatever and not bother negotiating. Like I said, we’ve had months and months to negotiate this. You’re acting like the only way to negotiate is to take it right down to the wire.

If we go for him on a free, not only do we not have him for this year, he will ask for a longer contract, higher wage, higher signing bonus, higher agent fees.

It’s just as well we’ve done so well negotiating our priority positions too. Fills me with confidence.

Well done, my viewpoint was definitely let’s just pay whatever and not bother negotiating. Like I said, we’ve had months and months to negotiate this. You’re acting like the only way to negotiate is to take it right down to the wire.

If we go for him on a free, not only do we not have him for this year, he will ask for a longer contract, higher wage, higher signing bonus, higher agent fees.

It’s just as well we’ve done so well negotiating our priority positions too. Fills me with confidence.
How long have we been negotiating with Porto? It appears we have only been in contact for a couple of weeks. We had other targets that we’ve moved on from to get here.

dove

We are in October though not August. There are many transfers that needs to be done and we are shit in multi-tasking. Should we waste more time then we have already lost? Also what happens if PSG swooped in and offered those 15m? We will look like the jerks everyone knows that we are
I don't know. We have lowered the price quite a bit so we might just pay the €15m they are apparently asking now or try to push for a few million more because I would assume Porto wouldn't want to lose him on a free and would rather get the money we offer, especially as there doesn't seem to be any real competition for him. I think we are being smart with this transfer and will get him in the end.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

Come on man. Why do people feel the need to exaggerate to try and make their point? We've entered negotiation for Telles for a couple of weeks now, not these months and months you want to talk about.

Dan_F

How long have we been negotiating with Porto? It appears we have only been in contact for a couple of weeks. We had other targets that we’ve moved on from to get here.
I’m not sure that’s a good excuse. We haven’t exactly been linked with loads of left backs. Seems more like an opportunistic buy, you said yourself it’s not priority position.

Either way, it looked like a very simple deal to get over the line, which hopefully we still will. I have zero sympathy for United trying to save money, when you see how much has been bled out of the club pre Covid. And I certainly won’t be praising Woodward/Glazers for suddenly appearing caring about about our finances.

devilish

I don't know. We have lowered the price quite a bit so we might just pay the €15m they are apparently asking now or try to push for a few million more because I would assume Porto wouldn't want to lose him on a free and would rather get the money we offer, especially as there doesn't seem to be any real competition for him. I think we are being smart with this transfer and will get him in the end.
Are we? We're advertising all around the world that we want Telles, that the fee to get him is dirt cheap and despite that we're not willing to pay. That may attract prospective buyers like bears attract honey + it makes us look like proper jerks with both the player and the club (ps they produce some serious talent at Porto). Meanwhile its becoming evident that all the bad things Mou, LVG and Moyes said about the club is true. We don't properly support the manager. That will probably hurt us in terms of sacking Ole if we need to + it would make prospective managers think twice before joining this circus. Not to forget that fans all around the world are furious with the way United had conducted business. They might boycott the club.

But hey let's money pinch for what? 2-3 extra million? That's probably 1 year of Judge's/Jones's salary. That's shrewd business indeed.

dasty

How is it "absolute peanuts" for a fullback with 1 year of contract and never really played at the top top level? Jesus. €12-13m is the absolute max we should go, not a pound more.
Top top level is the Champions League, and Telles had started 31 games there. Only De Gea, Pogba, Mata and Matic in our squad had played more games.

I’m not sure that’s a good excuse. We haven’t exactly been linked with loads of left backs. Seems more like an opportunistic buy, you said yourself it’s not priority position.

Either way, it looked like a very simple deal to get over the line, which hopefully we still will. I have zero sympathy for United trying to save money, when you see how much has been bled out of the club pre Covid. And I certainly won’t be praising Woodward/Glazers for suddenly appearing caring about about our finances.
the club,football, and quite frankly the world is different post Covid, and so we need to have a different attitude to finances.

Dan_F

Come on man. Why do people feel the need to exaggerate to try and make their point? We've entered negotiation for Telles for a couple of weeks now, not these months and months you want to talk about.
What did I exaggerate? My view is that we should have started negotiating months ago. Why have we waited till the last 3 weeks of a window to begin negotiations?

Gerald G

We need to bring in a LB - 100%. Although Dalot didn't play much last year, our RB options are now seemingly AWB, TFM and Laird. TFM shouldn't be at the club and Laird has not even played in the first team (I'm discounting the single appearance vs LASK) and he's injury prone.

Whether it's Telles or someone else, we certainly need to sign a left-back and probably have Williams switch to RB, backing up/rotating with AWB. As for Telles, he's very good going forward and we need a threat from the full-back position with especially with AWB not providing much of a threat on the right side. We can have Telles bombing forward and AWB holding back a little.

Now, with our board, I don't actually know if they will get this done

Are we? We're advertising all around the world that we want Telles, that the fee to get him is dirt cheap and despite that we're not willing to pay. That may attract prospective buyers like bears attract honey + it makes us look like proper jerks with both the player and the club (ps they produce some serious talent at Porto). Meanwhile its becoming evident that all the bad things Mou, LVG and Moyes said about the club is true. We don't properly support the manager. That will probably hurt us in terms of sacking Ole if we need to + it would make prospective managers think twice before joining this circus. Not to forget that fans all around the world are furious with the way United had conducted business. They might boycott the club.

But hey let's money pinch for what? 2-3 extra million? That's probably 1 year of Judge's/Jones's salary. That's shrewd business indeed.
you are being very dramatic. Advertising all around the world that we want Telles!

clubs are all interconnected through agents, most transfers are not a surprise.

Quite frankly, if we have fans who boycott us and go off and support other clubs, that’s a plus in my book.

dove

We will see how this window ends but we support our managers more than pretty much any club in the world, this idea of managers not being supported by the club is ridiculous.

That bit is a bit ridiculous :lol: We are not a fecking trillion dollar company like Apple but even they probably don't see 2-3 million as that. If you were a businessman you would go bankrupt even before opening.
To answer, yes, let's money pinch for 2-3 extra million. Us going into transfer marked and blowing money right left and centre has led us to where we are. Telles is not worth €25m or €20m and probably even €15m.

Irrational.

Absolutely spot on.

What's infuriating is that we've decided in the last week of the window, and now 72 hours before the transfer window slams shut that now is the time to be penny pinching and become 'shrewd' in the transfer market. What the feck have we been doing all these months?

Even Spurs, who have a reputation of squeezing clubs for every last penny have blown us out of the water, wrapping up their transfer dealings efficiently.

The lack of organisation and planning at this club is criminal.

dasty

the club,football, and quite frankly the world is different post Covid, and so we need to have a different attitude to finances.
Yeah the post Covid world where Man Utd are outspent by Sheff Utd, Everton, Leeds, Newcastle, Villa and Spurs. This is without counting the usual big spenders. The list will be even bigger once we have sold Smalling, bringing our net spend down. Poor, poor Man Utd, suddenly became one of the poorer teams in the league after Covid.

devilish

you are being very dramatic. Advertising all around the world that we want Telles!

clubs are all interconnected through agents, most transfers are not a surprise.

Quite frankly, if we have fans who boycott us and go off and support other clubs, that’s a plus in my book.
It's certainly not a plus to the owners and their lapdogs . Fans are paying their dividends and huge debts

Yeah the post Covid world where Man Utd are outspent by Sheff Utd, Everton, Leeds, Newcastle, Villa and Spurs. This is without counting the usual big spenders. The list will be even bigger once we have sold Smalling, bringing our net spend down. Poor, poor Man Utd, suddenly became one of the poorer teams in the league after Covid.
and given the uncertainty we have around everything, do we think they clubs are right to be spending massive amounts of money? As I just posted, we lose circa £150m in lost revenue by having no supporters at OT this season.

It’s also clear that we do have money to spend and if we did spend £90m+ on Sancho, then how many clubs will have outspent us?

devilish

and given the uncertainty we have around everything, do we think they clubs are right to be spending massive amounts of money? As I just posted, we lose circa £150m in lost revenue by having no supporters at OT this season.

It’s also clear that we do have money to spend and if we did spend £90m+ on Sancho, then how many clubs will have outspent us?
A fee United probably knew that it would never be accepted. Maybe its time to put a 60m bid on Neymar and another 60m bid on Mbappe. That shows ambition

Dan600

I imagine Porto are desperate to get that fee for him, but have had no contact from us for him before their 'deadline' today. Why? Because links to Man City are being spewed out this morning.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I agree with this in regards to breaking transfer fees, demanding players be bought at excessive prices. But the EPL is different to other European leagues. Pretty much all clubs have been able to do multiple deals, forking out record breaking fees in the process.

As someone else pointed out, we've been outspent by a lot of clubs you simply wouldn't expect in normal times, and although I want us to be more careful with our spending in general (ill-thought transfers, excessive wages, etc), we are on to a really good thing right now with Ole and this first XI, I worry we're setting him up to fail this window.

BorisManUtd

If Dalot is off to Milan then surely we're about to complete this deal? Yes, we have TFM as well, Laird too (though he's hardly to get a chance) but still think Williams is to be moved to RB.

devilish

We will see how this window ends but we support our managers more than pretty much any club in the world, this idea of managers not being supported by the club is ridiculous.

That bit is a bit ridiculous :lol: We are not a fecking trillion dollar company like Apple but even they probably don't see 2-3 million as that. If you were a businessman you would go bankrupt even before opening.
To answer, yes, let's money pinch for 2-3 extra million. Us going into transfer marked and blowing money right left and centre has led us to where we are. Telles is not worth €25m or €20m and probably even €15m.
You are right we're not Apple. They tend to sack incompetent people. We tend to hire bankers to perform football related jobs + we give people like Jones 5 year contracts on ridiculous salaries instead. Then we go money pinching on transfers we actually need.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
You are right we're not Apple. They tend to sack incompetent people. We tend to hire bankers to perform football related jobs + we give people like Jones 5 year contracts on ridiculous salaries instead. Then we go money pinching on transfers we actually need.
Is Jones on a ridiculous salary? I thought it's something like 60k?

devilish

and I put £90m+
We offered a fee that we knew that it was going to be rejected. If Barcelona or Arsenal could drive the price down off Dortmund players then surely Judge/Woodward won't especially considering their record + the fact that Sancho still have 3 years left in his contract.

devilish

Is Jones on a ridiculous salary? I thought it's something like 60k?
Is Jones worth £4-4.5m in salary PER YEAR? Wouldn't we be better off if Jones was shown the door and we invested that money on Telles's deal?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
We only moved when we did because Spurs and PSG started sniffing about.
Oh I see. Yeah, potentially, but it doesn't really matter when we sign Telles. He won't start straight away anyway. Best to get the lowest price possible.

dove

Because we set this precedent when we started splashing the cash on every single player our manager wished without paying attention to the fees or wages. Now some of you want us to continue doing that, paying whatever Porto asks for Tells which is clearly too much but at the same time complain when these players fail to live up to expectations and become deadwood that we can't get rid of. We will go in circles forever unless we start to be more responsible with our spending.

devilish

Because we set this precedent when we started splashing the cash on every single player our manager wished without paying attention to the fees or wages. Now some of you want us to continue doing that, paying whatever Porto asks for Tells which is clearly too much but at the same time complain when these players fail to live up to expectations and become deadwood that we can't get rid of. We will go in circles forever unless we start to be more responsible with our spending.
I very much doubt that Ole was begging Woodward and Judge to keep Jones on a long term contract. I very much suspect that it was Woodward-Judge's idea of protecting the club's 'assets', assets who will keep sucking money out of the club because no one want.

zenith

It's just a matter of 2 days now, so even if they want the club cannot torture us fans for much longer.

The signing is still a critical need now and very important to have an attacking full back if we want to even have the option to play a 5-3-2 formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.