g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Alex Telles - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Not saying it’s not normal to talk to your club, but the reality it we don’t know what’s going on. It’s hardly a saga, it’s been going on for a week or two.

I just don’t think it’s healthy in believing everything that we read, especially when it comes to transfer speculation.
As said players do talk with clubs. Philip Neville was instrumental in United accepting Everton's bid despite being ridiculous. We put the player's welfare ahead to ours which, considering he's a great servant to the club, is fair enough. Ronaldo spoke with us about a deal with Real, DDG did the same, Sancho is probably doing the same with Dortmund etc. No one likes an unhappy player.

However there's a limit to what a player can achieve on his own. Also note that most players see transfer moves as a way to advance in their career and maybe increase their salary. They don't hate the club they are playing with and are actually grateful that it helped them reach that point. So if the buyer's club is unnecessarily low balling them they won't be happy with that. It's not unusual for players to show the middle finger like DDG did with Real.

Telles had been lingering at small clubs for most of his career. He moved to Inter on loan were it didn't worked out and was set to return to Turkey when Porto came in and rescued his career. They invested 6.3m on him with a further 10% of any added value in a future transfer deal. That's big money for Portuguese clubs. He wouldn't want them to get screwed.

I won't be surprised if Telles either signs a new 1 year contract to strengthen Porto's hands

zenith

If Dalot is being sent on loan and tells is not bought in, this would be incredibly stupid as it leaves just shaw, Williams and AWB for full back positions.

Come on you stingy fecks. Get it done

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
If Dalot is being sent on loan and tells is not bought in, this would be incredibly stupid as it leaves just shaw, Williams and AWB for full back positions.

Nah, Dalot is useless and wouldn't get any games anyway.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
All I see is just a bunch of impatient folks wanting their toy in ASAP. They can't manage to wait a few more days for a player who we can actually afford to wait until the last day of the window to acquire given we currently have Shaw fit.

Nope it's all about satisfying some inner muppets so people come up with some ridiculous arguments and justifications as to why the club trying to get itself a better deal is stupid.

The state of this place is sad. People actually berating the club for trying to get a decent cut on the final price of the deal. Jesus Christ. :lol:

All I see is just a bunch of impatient folks wanting their toy in ASAP. They can't manage to wait a few more days for a player who we can actually afford to wait until the last day of the window to acquire given we currently have Shaw fit.

Nope it's all about satisfying some inner muppets so people come up with some ridiculous arguments and justifications as to why the club trying to get itself a better deal is stupid.

The state of this place is sad. People actually berating the club for trying to get a decent cut on the final price of the deal. Jesus Christ. :lol:
its madness, especially in this economic climate. It’s as if these fans can’t comprehend the impact of the virus on both football and the world economy.

Dan_F

And yet we’re one of the only big clubs operating this way with multiple transfers. We’ll see the outcome when the window closes, but there’s a balance between getting a good deal and doing what’s best for the team.

The fact that we can’t even move any players out stinks of incompetence all round.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Spurs signed Doherty, one of the best right backs in the league last season for £15m with 3 years left on this deal. Why would this guy be worth more than £10m?

Santoryo

ripping the reward
And yet we’re one of the only big clubs operating this way with multiple transfers. We’ll see the outcome when the window closes, but there’s a balance between getting a good deal and doing what’s best for the team.

The fact that we can’t even move any players out stinks of incompetence all round.
What's the difference between getting Telles on deadline day or 2 weeks ago? I see more pros in getting him last day then few weeks back and the pro being we'd be getting him at a far lower price then we would a week or 2 ago.

There is no harm in dragging this deal if there is any chance to lower the price. There is absolutely no rush to get this deal done given we have Shaw fit so we can afford to take this all the way to the final day of it means we're cutting down the price. Anyone holding as much cards as we do in this situation would likely think similar and I don't see anything wrong with that, in fact it's a pretty smart way of handling this particular transfer.

Pav1878

I can see the pros and cons of dragging this deal out.

However, I don't think the club has thought about:

A) the image of the club to the footballing world, in terms of how they handle their business and deal with people.

B) their future relationship with clubs such as Porto and Dortmund. Will they ever want to do business with us again either to sell us players or buy from us?

There are ways to do business and I feel this is not it.

red4ever 79

Come on. Dont think in a logical way. Did you not see Laird had been added to the first team squad? Did you not see that TFM has been playing RB. According to the club we are probably well stocked in this area.

Dan_F

What's the difference between getting Telles on deadline day or 2 weeks ago? I see more pros in getting him last day then few weeks back and the pro being we'd be getting him at a far lower price then we would a week or 2 ago.

There is no harm in dragging this deal if there is any chance to lower the price. There is absolutely no rush to get this deal done given we have Shaw fit so we can afford to take this all the way to the final day of it means we're cutting down the price. Anyone holding as much cards as we do in this situation would likely think similar and I don't see anything wrong with that, in fact it's a pretty smart way of handling this particular transfer.
Well if he’s an upgrade on Shaw, it could have helped against Palace, we also have tricky fixtures over the next few weeks that he would have been involved with. Now he has to settle in and we probably won’t see him starting till November.

That’s before you even think about the benefits of bringing him in before the start of the season. If he was our first choice, and we knew we needed a left back, this deal should have been worked on throughout last season.

If you think one of the biggest clubs in the world should be haggling this long over €5 million, to the detriment of the team, then fair enough. I’m of the opinion that it would be happening even if we weren’t in a pandemic.

Is it not exactly what Roma are doing to us?

I can see the pros and cons of dragging this deal out.

However, I don't think the club has thought about:

A) the image of the club to the footballing world, in terms of how they handle their business and deal with people.

B) their future relationship with clubs such as Porto and Dortmund. Will they ever want to do business with us again either to sell us players or buy from us?

There are ways to do business and I feel this is not it.
Porto will be thankful we potentially want him, no one else does, and he’s out of contract shortly.

negotiating over players in just part of the normal business of clubs. Whether we get the deal done or not, it won’t have any effect on future relationships.

Irrational.

It wouldn't surprise me if at this price, another club swooped in and got the deal done in the same way as when we were fannying around with Reguilon's clauses. We're fecking pathetic.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
It wouldn't surprise me if at this price, another club swooped in and got the deal done in the same way as when we were fannying around with Reguilon's clauses. We're fecking pathetic.
We didn't fanny about Reguilon's price, we simply didn't want to have a buy back clause which is absolutely reasonable. Madrid didn't want to exclude that clause so we rightly couldn't come to an agreement.

What would have been pathetic would have been accepting that buy back clause like some idiots and it's honestly quite telling that some people on these boards simply can't grasp this very simple thing.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We didn't fanny about Reguilon's price, we simply didn't want to have a buy back clause which is absolutely reasonable. Madrid didn't want to exclude that clause so we rightly couldn't come up to an agreement.

What would have been pathetic would have been accepting that buy back clause like some idiots and it's honestly quite telling that some people on these boards simply can't grasp this very simple thing.
This. Spurs were obviously desperate

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Also all these talks about "big" clubs not hustling over some "few" millions is just another indictment on the level of ignorance by some posters on these boards.

I think some people genuinely think it's like FM or something.

Okey

Happy to wait till the final minute of the window. But if we don't get this over the line, and add no full back cover at all, especially if one or more leave, then pathetic won't even begin to describe it.

soapythecat

With Dalot gone, I see this happening. Would be absolutely crazy to head in to the season without a replacement given he was started in the last game, we obviously need the numbers.
Do we know if this lad speaks English?

LonelyFire

If we’ve let Dalot go then I suspect someone is coming in.

That said, if there is no movement today then we can close this thread down.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Laird will replace Dalot's position in the squad. Now if Shaw was on the move then I'll be inclined to think more positively about this transfer but obviously he's not.

LonelyFire

Laird will replace Dalot's position in the squad. Now if Shaw was on the move then I'll be inclined to think more positively about this transfer but obviously he's not.
Im not sure he will. Last I heard, a loan was under serious consideration for Laird. Injuries are a big problem for him but he needs games now.

Also, I think the Telles piece is more about Shaw than anything else. He’s just nowhere near good enough.

Irrational.

Also all these talks about "big" clubs not hustling over some "few" millions is just another indictment on the level of ignorance by some posters on these boards.

€15m, or whatever has been quoted for Telles is absolute peanuts when you consider we are desperate for LB cover and are a Shaw muscular strain away from being up shit creek. In a world where first team fullbacks are upwards of £50 million it seems really foolhardy and insulting trying to get his price below €10 million. If he wasn't in the last year of his contract we'd probably be happy to pay at least triple that for a player of his quality.

We have three days of the transfer window to go and other positions to strengthen. The time for intense negotiation is over - or at least should've happened weeks ago - we need to pay up and move onto the next target.

“Big clubs”. If we’re comparing ourselves to Roma then yeah. Sure. Also Roma are trying to buy our cast offs, we’re trying to buy one of Porto’s best players.
jesus h Christ. It’s an example of a club negotiating.

For too long we have just paid what clubs want.

This is a player we want for a non-priority position, no other club in Europe is interested in him, who can sign a pre-contract in circa 3 months. No, let’s not bother negotiating.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

We would give away at least 20% on every player bought and sold if many on here ran our negotiations.

€15m, or whatever has been quoted for Telles is absolute peanuts when you consider we are desperate for LB cover and are a Shaw muscular strain away from being up shit creek. In a world where first team fullbacks are upwards of £50 million it seems really foolhardy and insulting trying to get his price below €10 million. If he wasn't in the last year of his contract we'd probably be happy to pay at least triple that for a player of his quality.
but he’s not in his last year of his contract. Would we be interested if he was on a long term contract and 3 x the price? We don’t know the answer, but probably not.

its not insulting to negotiate considering the contract situation.

dove

We have three days of the transfer window to go and other positions to strengthen. The time for intense negotiation is over - or at least should've happened weeks ago - we need to pay up and move onto the next target.
How is it "absolute peanuts" for a fullback with 1 year of contract and never really played at the top top level? Jesus. €12-13m is the absolute max we should go, not a pound more.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
How is it "absolute peanuts" for a fullback with 1 year of contract and never really played at the top top level? Jesus. €12-13m is the absolute max we should go, not a pound more.
Then we will probably stay with all 12m in the bank and no LB. The money will go to dividends as they usually do

Irrational.

but he’s not in his last year of his contract. Would we be interested if he was on a long term contract and 3 x the price? We don’t know the answer, but probably not.

its not insulting to negotiate considering the contract situation.
I appreciate that but we're not exactly in a position of power here. Time is running out and we need at least a couple more players. If we were really interested this should've been wrapped up by now and shifted our focus on other targets.

I genuinely have no clue what our transfer team has been doing since March.

Irrational.

Would you be happy to lose out on him and go into the season with an unreliable Shaw and a novice in Williams for the sake of a couple of million euros?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Would you be happy to lose out on him and go into the season with an unreliable Shaw and a novice in Williams for the sake of a couple of million euros?
Theyl cave or we will before then I think

I appreciate that but we're not exactly in a position of power here. Time is running out and we need at least a couple more players. If we were really interested this should've been wrapped up by now and shifted our focus on other targets.

I genuinely have no clue what our transfer team has been doing since March.
how are we not in a position of strength?

looks like the player wants to join us. So then look at it from Porto’s point of view. Some money now, or nothing next summer? So it is worth them keeping him for a year, and losing £15m? Is he worth £15m for one season? I doubt it.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
How about you wait and see what happens instead of having this pre emptive moan about the club supposed incompetence in this specific transfer?

For all we know Porto might just sell closer to our terms which would mean the club is vindicated in their approach for this transfer.

Ash_G

how are we not in a position of strength?

looks like the player wants to join us. So then look at it from Porto’s point of view. Some money now, or nothing next summer? So it is worth them keeping him for a year, and losing £15m? Is he worth £15m for one season? I doubt it.
I think that's a fair point. Given we can get him for free in a year do we really think he'll add £15m to us this season? Assuming numbers going around are fairly accurate I have more sympathy for the club on this one then the shambles that is getting us some attacking depth.

dove

Then we will probably stay with all 12m in the bank and no LB. The money will go to dividends as they usually do
No, I would not be happy. But it's clearly working and I am pretty sure we will eventually agree on the price I mentioned. Some of you would have paid £30m in August I am sure.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
No, I would not be happy. But it's clearly working and I am pretty sure we will eventually agree on the price I mentioned. Some of you would have paid £30m in August I am sure.
I simply don't understand these people. The mere fact that the price has gone down all the way from 30 millions in August to what it is now seem to be vendicating the club's approach in this particular matter yet you still have all these posters who would rather have paid the initial fee set in August instead of saving a few millions. It's frankly bizarre.

And the worst part are all these people acting as if millions of pounds are peanuts because "we're a big club and it's pathetic to haggle over some few millions", what a bunch of ridiculous statements. :lol:

Rude von Mistelroum

Not sure about this mate, by all accounts accepting the buy-back clause for Reguilon (if true) wouldn’t have been great business. Think it’s reasonable enough for United to want a fair price for someone in their final year of the contract. Having said that hope we do get this deal done would be a nice addition.

Mainoldo

I simply don't understand these people. The mere fact that the price has gone down all the way from 30 millions in August to what it is now seem to be vendicating the club's approach in this particular matter yet you still have all these posters who would rather have paid the initial fee set in August instead of saving a few millions. It's frankly bizarre.
We are desperate fans. We need signings for our veins :lol:

Im sure the deal will be done for a good price along with a RW(One can pray).

Status
Not open for further replies.