Alex Telles - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine Telles at the moment. He agreed to join us, he managed to persuade Porto to lower the fee for a couple of million euros only to know that United doesn't value him more then they valued Dalot.
how had he persuaded Porto to lower the fee?

such wild and unfounded speculation. You are getting yourself wound up by either believing snippets of info, or just filling in the blanks with negativity.

I get it’s a frustrating window - but this is pure drivel which just makes you wallow in a pit of negative mush.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
how had he persuaded Porto to lower the fee?

such wild and unfounded speculation. You are getting yourself wound up by either believing snippets of info, or just filling in the blanks with negativity.

I get it’s a frustrating window - but this is pure drivel which just makes you wallow in a pit of negative mush.
According to many outlets Telles talked to Porto in a bid to drive the price down. Its normal for players to talk with clubs

According to many outlets Telles talked to Porto in a bid to drive the price down. Its normal for players to talk with clubs
Not saying it’s not normal to talk to your club, but the reality it we don’t know what’s going on. It’s hardly a saga, it’s been going on for a week or two.

I just don’t think it’s healthy in believing everything that we read, especially when it comes to transfer speculation.

spiriticon

This tweet is such shite.

They lowered the price by 15 million in the last week and a half?

No chance

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
We’re talking about pennies here. Will surely get done on deadline day.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If you were Telles, you would be informed of what’s happening. Why would you ‘show Utd the finger’ when it appears we have been negotiating for a pretty short period of time.

Of course he can potentially (and it is potentially) get a better contract as a free agent. But it’s a big risk (injury, loss of form, no interest, economic uncertainty) and also he would miss on the uplift in pay this month.

Unless your name is Messi, I imagine the vast
Not saying it’s not normal to talk to your club, but the reality it we don’t know what’s going on. It’s hardly a saga, it’s been going on for a week or two.

I just don’t think it’s healthy in believing everything that we read, especially when it comes to transfer speculation.
As said it is very normal for players to talk with their club. Clubs tend to listen as no one likes an unhappy player. However there is a limit to what a player can persuade the club to do and asking the ridiculous because one can is risky. Real tried that on the DDG deal. We know how that ended

hobbers

Very puzzled whenever I read people saying 'why pay any more, he can sign a pre contract in 3 months?'....

Yeah, but his contract still lasts until the end of the season...

Inter paid 20m euros for Eriksen and that was in the end of January with his contract actually expiring in 4 months time.

spiriticon

Looks like your math is a little shite there mate. The supposedly brought the price down 10m not 15m.
Sorry I was looking at the last number in that tweet as I was typing, still I don't think they would discount that much in such a short time unless Telles is on strike.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer

This tweet is such shite.

They lowered the price by 15 million in the last week and a half?

No chance
That’s not what it says. It says they’ve lowered it by 10m from 25m to 15m, which is realistic in their current situation, but we’re not even willing to pay that. We want to pay less than 10m, which is fecking stupid.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
If the club sees there is a chance to take the price down as much as possible then they'll take that option which is what it looks like. Some people truly and simply love moaning. We're not losing anything by completing this signing on deadline day instead of now or weeks ago. We aren't desperate right now to have this Telles fellow to play as currently Shaw is fit so we could bide our time getting this deal done if that's what it takes to this deal on our terms as much as possible.

Porto are the ones in a desperate situation, not us like some want to argue(although I know why some want to perpetrate this nonsense, it's because they want to justify their reason of moaning since they can't help themselves). Porto are in desperate need of money and of they can't sell him this window then it means they're probably losing him for free in a few months. We on the other hands, while bringing in a LB would be helpful, we aren't desperate in that position unlike what some disingenuous posters want to parrot. So knowing those facts how on earth is this a bad situation for us given the closer we get to deadline day, the more desperate will Porto be.

If those reports about Porto already marking down their price off 10 millions are to be believed than the Club is doing a tremendous job during this negotiation and should be commanded for adopting this approach since it looks to be working.

Some folks need to take a break from these boards and twitter. The amount of unnecessary moaning is quite baffling.

Denis' cuff

That’s not what it says. It says they’ve lowered it by 10m from 25m to 15m, which is realistic in their current situation, but we’re not even willing to pay that. We want to pay less than 10m, which is fecking stupid.
i don’t think we want to pay at all. They really can’t be this inept. They have too much form for this same, repetitive nonsense.

Very puzzled whenever I read people saying 'why pay any more, he can sign a pre contract in 3 months?'....

Yeah, but his contract still lasts until the end of the season...

Inter paid 20m euros for Eriksen and that was in the end of January with his contract actually expiring in 4 months time.
and without his contact expiring Eriksen is a £60m player at least. Clearly contract length affects transfer value.

Denis' cuff

If the club sees there is a chance to take the price down as much as possible then they'll take that option which is what it looks like. Some people truly and simply love moaning. We're not losing anything by completing this signing on deadline day instead of now or weeks ago. We aren't desperate right now to have this Telles fellow to play as currently Shaw is fit so we could bide our time getting this deal done if that's what it takes to this deal on our terms as much as possible.

Porto are the ones in a desperate situation, not us like some want to argue(although I know why some want to perpetrate this nonsense, it's because they want to justify their reason of moaning since they can't help themselves). Porto are in desperate need of money and of they can't sell him this window then it means they're probably losing him for free in a few months. We on the other hands, while bringing in a LB would be helpful, we aren't desperate in that position unlike what some disingenuous posters want to parrot. So knowing those facts how on earth is this a bad situation for us given the closer we get to deadline day, the more desperate will Porto be.

If those reports about Porto already marking down their price off 10 millions are to be believed than the Club is doing a tremendous job during this negotiation and should be commanded for adopting this approach since it looks to be working.

Some folks need to take a break from these boards and twitter. The amount of unnecessary moaning is quite baffling.
so you think we’re hanging on until the last day to swoop in and make the three (at least) signings that we actually need? You haven’t been paying attention, mate. Although we have pulled one or two off at the eleventh hour, (remember Fellaini? That worked well) we have form for bungling deals that are there on a plate for us. You can start counting from Kroos, or even before. Is it any wonder people “moan” ? You carry on being cheerful, pal if the methods our negotiating squad please you, in being not only ineffective but nothing short of embarrassing. If you’ve followed the clubs fortunes for more than a couple of years, you might have noticed deals constantly slipping through our fingers at such a rate that I’m beginning to think it is deliberate and that is coming from somebody who is about 70% invested in Sancho and do actually have some reservations regarding the purchase, particularly at the price. COVID might be a reason to exercise caution but we’ve been like this long before COVID. I understand we can’t sign every player that the media or muppets on here crave for but to put it down to moaning is fecking is trying just a bit too hard.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
tbh on this one I can see why the club won't pay the fee, we can literally agree a contract with him and pay nothing in 3 months time

Obviously the other business we've not done I'm all aboard the hate train

dinostar77

The Transfer Windows Podcast. Castles said Porto still demanding €20mil, will not lower fee at all. Utd only offering €10mil. Porto annoyed because utd want £10mil for Rojo, and not a single club is interested in such a average player at that price yet they will only offer a pitful fee for Porto's most important player.

Amir

tbh on this one I can see why the club won't pay the fee, we can literally agree a contract with him and pay nothing in 3 months time

Obviously the other business we've not done I'm all aboard the hate train
We paid about £25m for Van Persie in a similar situation in 2012. Granted, that was Van Persie, but eight years have passed and the money in football has gotten far bigger. I can't see €20 million for Telles as excessive.

Sure, we can get him for free next season. It's our choice. But that means going through this entire season without him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We paid about £25m for Van Persie in a similar situation in 2012. Granted, that was Van Persie, but eight years have passed and the money in football has gotten far bigger. I can't see €20 million for Telles as excessive.

Sure, we can get him for free next season. It's our choice. But that means going through this entire season without him.
Would he even be first choice though? And even if the question is yes like you said he ain't RVP he's a LB and this board simply don't have the ambition and would rather play chicken with a top 4 finish and to that end I'm not sure they'd even pay market value for a Sancho with one year left on his deal let alone a LB

Amir

Would he even be first choice though? And even if the question is yes like you said he ain't RVP he's a LB and this board simply don't have the ambition and would rather play chicken with a top 4 finish and to that end I'm not sure they'd even pay market value for a Sancho with one year left on his deal let alone a LB
Our two left backs are lacking (And we may be looking to make Williams backup for RB anyway), so you'd expect us to bring in someone who is better than what we have rather then backup.

If we think he's THAT good, pay the bloody money, it's not that much. If we don't, or want him as backup, then that's the real problem.

Obviously Sancho was top target this summer, and this isn't happening. Fair enough - it should give us more money to improve other positions, which would partly compensate for that, but we're stuck there as well, fighting over few millions.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
A World Class player in Thiago left Bayern Munich, a club that isn't in any financial trouble for about 25m due to him being in his final year of his contract yet people think it's sensible for the club to cough up 20 million to Porto, a club with dire financial issues for a player in his final year of his contract who isn't anywhere world class, Why?

It's either Porto lower their price this window and deal a lot closer to our terms or risk losing him for free which would quite stupid given they need any money right now. We on the other hand won't be fussed too much about missing on Telles this window and aren't as desperate as some want to believe. Prop to the club for taking advantage of the situation. When you hold all the cards you make full use of them, it'd be stupid to cave when the other party are the ones in an unfavorable situation.

Paying 20 million for him when he is in his final year of his contract, with no one else in for him would be utterly stupid. We're rightly pushing the price closer to 10 millions as it should be. Take that 10 millions or risk losing him for free, it's as simple as that.

BorisManUtd

At least we'll know tomorrow. Don't think we'd agree to pay 20m and they won't accept 10m neither. 15-16 would be a good compromise and we'd use money from Smalling sale for it.

Josep Dowling

A World Class player in Thiago left Bayern Munich, a club that isn't in any financial trouble for about 25m due to him being in his final year of his contract yet people think it's sensible for the club to cough up 20 million to Porto, a club with dire financial issues for a player in his final year of his contract who isn't anywhere world class, Why?

It's either Porto lower their price this window and deal a lot closer to our terms or risk losing him for free which would quite stupid given they need any money right now. We on the other hand won't be fussed too much about missing on Telles this window and aren't as desperate as some want to believe. Prop to the club for taking advantage of the situation. When you hold all the cards you make full use of them, it'd be stupid to cave when the other party are the ones in an unfavorable situation.

Paying 20 million for him when he is in his final year of his contract, with no one else in for him would be utterly stupid. We're rightly pushing the price closer to 10 millions as it should be. Take that 10 millions or risk losing him for free, it's as simple as that.
Agreed but memories are long in football. Why get on bad terms with Porto? The amount of talent that they sell one day they may have the next best thing we want to buy. €15m would be a fair deal all round. If we really are trying to push at €10m I think the club is taking the piss. On the flip side if Porto is asking for €20m then they are the stupid ones.

Pav1878

The reason we should pay now instead of getting him for free in the summer is WE NEED HIM NOW!

reelworld

I can't believe the posts saying we can wait next season to sign him on free.
The fact is we need him now to build on this season. Failure to do so would means we will put pressure on Williams and Laird to play major minutes, assuming Dalot is sold.
Also, signing him on free will cost massive wages. He's 28 next season, it would be his last big payday. And we would struggle to sell him later if he turns out to be crap.

Get him now would be the best option

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I think our stance in this transfer is absolutely correct. We keep crying how we overpay and when we do take a stance, same "fans" cry that we are haggling over 3-4m. If we want to stop getting fleeced in transfer window, we should be prepared to miss out on few targets. 10m is fair price for someone who is ready to join us and is in last year of his contract. Thiago who is one of best CM in the world went for 25m in this climate. Porto are having a laugh if they think we will pay close to 20m for telles.

peridigm

At least we'll know tomorrow. Don't think we'd agree to pay 20m and they won't accept 10m neither. 15-16 would be a good compromise and we'd use money from Smalling sale for it.
Roma probably paying us €1m/yr for 18 years.

Devil may care

The Sancho farce is frustrating but this is embarrassing, especially given how we are acting with Roma on the Smalling deal.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I don't get the "flying for national duty on Sunday, so this has to happen today" part. Many Brazilian players must be playing on Sunday and will fly on Monday. If there is a transfer possible, he will fly on Monday instead.

dasty

I can't believe the posts saying we can wait next season to sign him on free.
The fact is we need him now to build on this season. Failure to do so would means we will put pressure on Williams and Laird to play major minutes, assuming Dalot is sold.
Also, signing him on free will cost massive wages. He's 28 next season, it would be his last big payday. And we would struggle to sell him later if he turns out to be crap.

Get him now would be the best option
This place is retarded, try not to find any common sense here. Most people don't have the brain capability to think of anything beyond basic maths. "Last year contract 20m expensive 15m okay 10m good see Thiago 25m so Telles only worth 10m harharhar" is basically the maximum most people here can think on this matter.

The fact that even if we signed him on a free in 3 months we still won't be able to get him into our squad until next season. And there is absolutely no reason why he will still be so keen on joining us in 3 months. We might be faltering around 7th-8th place then, which is what we did last season, and he would have a lot of other clubs in better position offering him contracts. We are talking about a player that is rated as one of the best player for Porto, a CL regular. He is no where near as shit as most dumb fecks in this place thinks (hurr durr he plays in Portuguese League and no one buys him he muz be bad, backup for Shaw at most). There is also the issue of him wanting a way better contract by then as we do not need to pay transfer fee for him. All players signing on a free are paid a significantly higher wages than they normally would. So many things can happen in 3 months, let alone a season. This transfer has many similarities to Bruno's it's weird to see how most people here still have the same dismissive opinion back then, despite what Bruno had done for us. One of the best player in Portugal with ridiculous stats, wants to play for us, us refusing to meet their club's already very low price demand, and we will probably pass on signing him this window like what we did to Bruno last summer.

You lot keep going on and on about how he is only a backup for Shaw and is not important at all clearly haven't watched us play. All of "wingers" cut inside. Our fullbacks are atrocious at going forward and provides no width, which allows teams to defend against us easily as they only need to clog up the middle. Having someone that is a threat from wide will spread out opposition players a lot more, allowing us to attacking more fluently.

Status
Not open for further replies.