Alex Telles - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Out of all them, this one is nailed on for me. It’s just a formality by Monday. Done deal.
Agreed, we have every incentive to take it to the wire and even if we don't get much discount - it's already cheap.

We'll soon put an end to that if he joins United.
That’s true. Clearly corners have a poor hit rate, perhaps someone can give some figures? But we are so bad, it’s astonishing, even through we have players who are more than capable of putting in a half decent delivery without hitting the first man.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Makes more and more sense to get him if we're bringing in Cavani. We don't have anyone out wide who can whip in a ball to be attacked.

JawZ

Makes more and more sense to get him if we're bringing in Cavani. We don't have anyone out wide who can whip in a ball to be attacked.
Yeah, watching Ben Chilwell’s whip to Zouma tonight, we don’t have the leg or head to score such a goal.

rotherham_red

At the end of the day, if we get Telles, then we'd at least have some things sorted out and will have added sufficient depth with him, vdb and cavani. But its still a pathetic window and especially if we fail to sign a left back. This just isn't a hard signing to make. Stop fecking about and just pay them £15m, stop treating it like a business and focus on what the football club needs to be fecking successful (and by successful this season, that means just getting top 4 at this rate).
Fully agreed.

All the optimism and positivity from those last few months have been drained during this transfer window. Absolutely fecking deplorable conduct, but conduct which will likely go unpunished.

Chief123

That’s true. Clearly corners have a poor hit rate, perhaps someone can give some figures? But we are so bad, it’s astonishing, even through we have players who are more than capable of putting in a half decent delivery without hitting the first man.
What’s bizarre is we signed arguably the most dangerous player in the premier league on corners in Harry Maguire. He literally won everything in the air when attacking for Leciester and England. He was our major threat from corners in the World Cup. At Utd his heading has been so erratic when attacking!

Shiva87

What do you think about us spending 10m in agent fees to sign a 33 year old injury prone striker on a two year contract while concurrently money pinching on Telles?
That's definitely over reporting of the fees. Let's wait for the story to play out in full before we jump to conclusions on the pricing.

Some reports say that it's a year + option. He has taken a significant pay cut from his PSG wages. Could be that he preferred coming to United given all the various options, and therefore agreed to a reasonable financial package. 175-200K a week for someone of his quality without transfer fees could be good.

It's a punt for sure, but gives us some back up in the striker position.

On Telles - it's surprising that we haven't got this over the line. If we don't do it on deadline day then we were probably never serious about him. We have thrown more money on youth recruitment than we are planning to pay for him.

Higgy74

Supports
Wolves
Quite a lot of Twitter noise that this has been agreed, I’m almost positive he will sign for you in the next 48 hours and within a month you’ll be glad he did, he’s class, trust me

WPMUFC

10 million in agent fees for a has-been striker that has been on the couch for 2x months or more and we actually bid 9m for Telles and are creating a shitstorm over another 5 million?

We deserve to be laughed at by rivals.

SinNombre

Quite a lot of Twitter noise that this has been agreed, I’m almost positive he will sign for you in the next 48 hours and within a month you’ll be glad he did, he’s class, trust me
Are you Portuguese?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

feckING SHAMBLES!!
Why? That is perfectly reasonable approach. He will be up for pre contract in 3 months and might even get him for less than 10m in January as Porto won't risk losing him for free. Thiago went for 25m for context.

We complain about overpaying. If we want to correct that, then be prepared to miss out on few targets.

WPMUFC

Why? That is perfectly reasonable approach. He will be up for pre contract in 3 months and might even get him for less than 10m in January as Porto won't risk losing him for free. Thiago went for 25m for context.

We complain about overpaying. If we want to correct that, then be prepared to miss out on few targets.
I think there is happy medium between MUFC's low ball offer and porto's stupid demands, yet seemingly its just two clubs staring at each other seeing who'll crack first as the hours tick down. Personally i'd like to get telles now instead of hoping he'll join us if we back off. never know what may happen in the future.

chb23

I hope we hold out.

Thiago went for peanuts for a player of his calibre. We're getting ripped a new one.

Slysi17

Jury is out on that from a sober point of view.
Yep sadly I agree. It should be the other way round. But I seriously don't get that we don't wanna pay an extra 5 million for Telles when we are willing to pay Cavanis agent 10 million euros. Quite baffling and don't get it even from a business point of view

Slysi17

Well hopefully Luke Shaw stays injury free then. Otherwise what then?

Glideman

Yep sadly I agree. It should be the other way round. But I seriously don't get that we don't wanna pay an extra 5 million for Telles when we are willing to pay Cavanis agent 10 million euros. Quite baffling and don't get it even from a business point of view
Because it’s likely it’s not true we’re paying 10mill in agent fees...

red4ever 79

Let's wait for more credible report, but if this turns out to be real, very damning.
It's no more damning that waiting two days before deadline day to bring in a striker that was available since 1st July, and flouted around Europe with no takers. Management of the club is rotten to the core.

It's no more damning that waiting two days before deadline day to bring in a striker that was available since 1st July, and flouted around Europe with no takers. Management of the club is rotten to the core.
so dramatic.

reports suggest that he’s significantly lowered his demands. If we had brought him in earlier, we would be paying a significantly higher wage for him. Is that rotten to the core?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
There are ways to settle the deal even if we don't agree with 25m euro price tag but our negotiator is not very good to make every transfer business efficient enough. If VDS wasn't at Ajax, Donny saga would be dragged until the last day too.

Status
Not open for further replies.