Alex Telles - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Not sure what kind of message that would send to other clubs that we will sign a left back with 1 year on his contract for 20m.

We can get him on a free (or cheaper in Jan) and it will be shrewd business.

Again, I'm saying this as I'm expecting the bulk of the money to go to a Sancho bid.
We’ve bid €10m apparently is that much more than we paid for Evra 15 years ago? We’re talking peanuts. The team needs improving.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
You're right and I'm stopping. It's pointless trying to make people sensible.
Try to talk some common sense into these people and they call you a top red or whatever other crap they can think off. It's obvious to me it's impossible to expect any type of logical reasoning from these children. Better let them fume and rage on their computer or phone screens and wallow in their own self pitying and loathing since that's what they've become addicted to.

What do you think about us spending 10m in agent fees to sign a 33 year old injury prone striker on a two year contract while concurrently money pinching on Telles?
firstly let’s not believe everything in the press.
Secondly, perhaps saving £10m on a transfer fee for Telles allows us to buy Cavani?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Secondly, perhaps saving £10m on a transfer fee for Telles allows us to buy Cavani?
So you have no issues risking Telles deal to pay 10m in agent fees for a 33 year old injury prone striker no one wants? Also what is the point on extending Ighalo's contract till January only to go on and sign Cavani? Ighalo is probably paid ridiculous salaries to play for us as well. Can we just conclude that we're being run to the ground by a pack of amateurs?

diarm

Saving money on Telles to sign Cavani is a little bit like saving money by not building walls so you can afford a nicer roof. Cavani will cut a lonely figure up top for us waiting for Shaw and Wan-Bissaka to provide.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Saving money on Telles to sign Cavani is a little bit like saving money by not building walls so you can afford a nicer roof. Cavani will cut a lonely figure up top for us waiting for Shaw and Wan-Bissaka to provide.
But not playing Devil's Advocate or anything but Cavani isn't nor has ever been a forward in the Lukaku mould hoping for crosses to be hit from the flanks

zenith

Letting go of Dalot and not signing telles would be a very bad decision that would come to bite us back. Full back is a very essential position in modern football and very injury prone at well. A proper attacking full back can make a world of difference in terms of opportunities created.

If we really wanted to haggle through to the last minute, then it was a very poor decision to let Dalot leave on a pointless loan.

So you have no issues risking Telles deal to pay 10m in agent fees for a 33 year old injury prone striker no one wants? Also what is the point on extending Ighalo's contract till January only to go on and sign Cavani? Ighalo is probably paid ridiculous salaries to play for us as well. Can we just conclude that we're being run to the ground by a pack of amateurs?
that’s not what I said. The two are unrelated.

Ighalo was an insurance policy clearly.

look the two things aren’t related. A poster came into the thread to complain about the Cavani transfer.

I don’t imagine these two transfers have any dependency on each other. Sancho is potentially another matter.

devilish

that’s not what I said. The two are unrelated.

Ighalo was an insurance policy clearly.
Its all the results of decision making made by the same club in the past few months or so. So we had Ighalo since January on crazy salary. We begged his club for a contract extension despite not being good enough only to sign a 33 year old injury prone striker on a 2 year contract on crazy salaries and agent fees. Meanwhile we're money pinching on Telles despite being willing to spend around 10m in agent fees for a player no one wants. Please tell me how on earth this is a sign of good management.

diarm

But not playing Devil's Advocate or anything but Cavani isn't nor has ever been a forward in the Lukaku mould hoping for crosses to be hit from the flanks
He doesn't rely entirely on crosses but he's one of the best in the business in that area of the game. Vastly superior to anything Lukaku ever was.

Its all the results of decision making made by the same club in the past few months or so. So we had Ighalo since January on crazy salary. We begged his club for a contract extension despite not being good enough only to sign a 33 year old injury prone striker on a 2 year contract on crazy salaries and agent fees. Meanwhile we're money pinching on Telles despite being willing to spend around 10m in agent fees for a player no one wants. Please tell me how on earth this is a sign of good management.
why don’t you want a few days until the end of the window. There’s really no point in dissecting everything now when things may become clearer over the next couple of days.

At the moment you are getting wound up based on a lot of assumptions.

devilish

why don’t you want a few days until the end of the window. There’s really no point in dissecting everything now when things may become clearer over the next couple of days.

At the moment you are getting wound up based on a lot of assumptions.
Look even if we sign Mbappe, Sancho and Neymar on deadline day, this remains a bad deal with United. 10m deal on agent fees + a 200k a week for a 33 year old striker is stupid, especially since its spent on someone who can't even cut it in the French league anymore and whom no one want.

It's evident that your mind is set defending this prats which is strange considering their long history of incompetence.

The only way this deal MIGHT make some sort of sense is that we're signing him and Pellestri. They are both Uruguayans and Cavani might help the latter to settle down. Its still silly money though.

Look even if we sign Mbappe, Sancho and Neymar on deadline day, this remains a bad deal with United. 10m deal on agent fees + a 200k a week for a 33 year old striker is stupid, especially since its spent on someone who can't even cut it in the French league anymore and whom no one want.

It's evident that your mind is set defending this prats which is strange considering their long history of incompetence.
I’m just not getting wound up like you are. You are very dramatic.

Anyway this is the Telles thread, it’s not relevant what another player is potentially being paid.

I’m not defending anyone. However, this transfer window is clearly very different given Corona, and I’m going to wait until the end of the window before judging.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
At the end of the day, if we get Telles, then we'd at least have some things sorted out and will have added sufficient depth with him, vdb and cavani. But its still a pathetic window and especially if we fail to sign a left back. This just isn't a hard signing to make. Stop fecking about and just pay them £15m, stop treating it like a business and focus on what the football club needs to be fecking successful (and by successful this season, that means just getting top 4 at this rate).

devilish

I’m just not getting wound up like you are. You are very dramatic.

Anyway this is the Telles thread, it’s not relevant what another player is potentially being paid.

I’m not defending anyone. However, this transfer window is clearly very different given Corona, and I’m going to wait until the end of the window before judging.
We've had 7 years of poor decision making in terms of transfers, contract renewing and management choice. We haven't hired football people at board level and the same mistakes are repeated over and over again (Bastian, Falcao and now Cavani). The Glazers turned the best club in the UK and one of the finest clubs in Europe into a team that celebrates CL qualification. I can't see how a United fan can not lose his shit on this.

No one expects United to win trophies every season but ffs learn from our mistakes. Its evident that the people on top have no idea of football. We've been seeing that for 7 whole years. What are we waiting to sack them and bring people in that they know their stuff? How many clubs have bankers doing the DOF job for them?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Well their last ‘breaking’ news went ok..

Looking forward to their breaking Sancho news

mu4c_20le

At 25 nobody had went for Bruno either, and if we don't think he's a good player then why are we bothering with him at all?
Actually Spurs did and im pretty sure barca had a look at him as well at one point. Also we spent over a year chasing him, while Telles looks more like the best of the lot of available leftbacks, i'd be happy if we signed him to strengthen but wouldn't be devestaed if we walked away because Porto are being unreasonable.

georgipep

It's rumoured that we're spending 10m on agent fees to sign a 33 year old Cavani. on a ridiculous 2 year contract.
Yeah, that's sad if true but also irrelevant as if we are talking about negotiating and saving, you'd have to know a lot more about the starting point of the negotiations with Cavani and his agent.

In any case, hope if true that he has an impact.

devilish

Yeah, that's sad if true but also irrelevant as if we are talking about negotiating and saving, you'd have to know a lot more about the starting point of the negotiations with Cavani and his agent.

In any case, hope if true that he has an impact.
So you think that his agent had initially asked more then 10m for his services? We're talking of a 33 year old injury prone player no one wants, a player btw we're rumoured to be paying silly salary to as well

georgipep

So you think that his agent had initially asked more then 10m for his services? We're talking of a 33 year old injury prone player no one wants, a player btw we're rumoured to be paying silly salary to as well
I have no clue but I'm certain we haven't taken the deal as it has been offered to us. You don't have to think long and hard to understand that all deals are a compromise.

devilish

I have no clue but I'm certain we haven't taken the deal as it has been offered to us. You don't have to think long and hard to understand that all deals are a compromise.
Or maybe we've been taken for a ride again just as we did with Sanchez, Falcao and Bastian.

Devil may care

Actually Spurs did and im pretty sure barca had a look at him as well at one point. Also we spent over a year chasing him, while Telles looks more like the best of the lot of available leftbacks, i'd be happy if we signed him to strengthen but wouldn't be devestaed if we walked away because Porto are being unreasonable.
None of them pulled the trigger though and we only did because of injury issues. Porto aren't being unreasonable, a sub £20M fee for a LB in his prime is fair and we need an LB as if Shaw gets injured we are going to have to use Williams who is right footed and has struggled at LB.

Stretender

The only way this deal MIGHT make some sort of sense is that we're signing him and Pellestri. They are both Uruguayans and Cavani might help the latter to settle down. Its still silly money though.
Clearly United are short of strikers so this deal makes sense.

If not Cavani, who would you sign as a striker? Not Josh King.

devilish

I'd go for a top RW to be honest. Martial and Greenwood with Ighalo as backup would be good enough till January. Then we should assess things at that point.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

The fact that our scouts can't come up with alternatives to Ighalo or Cavani really sums up the club.

Jonesno.8

This transfer really has me perplexed, are/ were we really in for him. If we get him at the right price then fine but seems we have stalled with bids again. I'm assuming it has to be to do with outgoings.

Stretender

I'd go for a top RW to be honest. Martial and Greenwood with Ighalo as backup would be good enough till January. Then we should assess things at that point.
Top RW as in Sancho? That is a deal that will happen though whether by next Monday or next year.

To wait for January and decide who to sign then is negligent. Ighalo will be gone in January so a striker needed to be signed now.

Cavani is a top signing. His energy levels are great and will force Martial to raise his game because he would otherwise end up on the bench.

I also believe Greenwood should not be playing every game. He is a young kid and must be managed properly. Physically may be he can handle it, but mentally its stupid for a club our size to be putting all the pressure on an 18 year old boy.

devilish

Top RW as in Sancho? That is a deal that will happen though whether by next Monday or next year.

To wait for January and decide who to sign then is negligent. Ighalo will be gone in January so a striker needed to be signed now.

Cavani is a top signing. His energy levels are great and will force Martial to raise his game because he would otherwise end up on the bench.

I also believe Greenwood should not be playing every game. He is a young kid and must be managed properly. Physically may be he can handle it, but mentally its stupid for a club our size to be putting all the pressure on an 18 year old boy.
I think you should check your calendar. We're not in 2015 anymore. Cavani is nowhere near to what he used to be. He's 33 years +, he's injury prone and last season he scored just 5 goals in 20 matches. Paying those huge salary and agent fee for someone no one seem to want apart from us is silly.

On the other hand if we added Sancho then our forward line would have more attacking options. Greenwood won't be playing ever game as Sancho (RW) and Martial (stk) would be first teamers.

Chief123

Apparently he had a poor game today. Fans on social media complaining he looked like he was trying to avoid injury. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.