g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Alex Telles | signs for Al Nassr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertd0803

Probably the best thing you could say about his time here is that it caused Shaw to pull his finger out and get back to decent form.

Huddsred

I'd completely forgotten about Telles until the Saudi link and will no doubt quickly forget about him again. Nice £6 million in the bank though.

quadrant

Not sure why people moan about Telles. As soon as it was clear he wasn't in our first team he accepted a loan deal, then left the summer after with no fuss. He's not one of these guys hanging on to his big contract for years while never playing.

IrishRedDevil

Not sure why people moan about Telles. As soon as it was clear he wasn't in our first team he accepted a loan deal, then left the summer after with no fuss. He's not one of these guys hanging on to his big contract for years while never playing.
I was thinking the same.
Other players have hung around and stunk the place out for years.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Reported £6m fee which isn’t too shabby at all.

Djemba-Djemba

Scored one great goal
By our standards he was a decent corner taker, as in we actually scored 4 or 5 from his corners
Kicked Shaw up the arse in 20/21

He didn't hang around and stink up the joint the same way so many have. And if we got £6m for him that's a very good deal.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Awesome. I thought this was dead in the water a few days back?

OleGunnar20

Good luck to the guy. I had quite high hopes when he came in. Shows how much I know.

He did wonders for Shaw though and as has been said - didn't hang around once he became surplus. Can't fault that.

El Jefe

Looking back this might be one of our most senseless signings. He came with some excitement especially after his first game vs PSG but looking back at the type of player he is there was no way he was going to succeed here.

How our scouts and football people could sign-off on the most unathletic fullback I've seen in some time is a mystery. The man could barely run past the halfway line and just spammed deep crosses.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The only similarity between the Rojo and Martinez is that they come from the same country and happen to be able to kick a football with their left leg.

One is/was shite; the other is really, really good.
Rojo was decent to good at centre back before he did his cruciate. Was our best defender in 16/17. He was shit at leftback though, and after his injury he was shit wherever he played.

I wouldn't compare him to Martinez though as Licha has a very controlled aggression where he knows exactly what he's doing, whereas even when Rojo was playing well he was liable to moments of madness (who can forget him somehow getting away with two blatant red card challenges in a matter of weeks). Martinez is also a better passer.

Last edited:

davidmichael

£6 million and nearly £100K a week off the wage bill, fantastic deal for us for someone we literally have no use for and has less than 12 months left on their contract.

If we move Henderson, Williams, Bailly, Maguire, Fred, VDB, Elanga and Martial on over the next couple of weeks added to De Gea, Tuanzebe, Jones and Telles it’d be up there with our best outgoings in a window ever as that’s basically all the deadwood in one hit.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He came, he saw, he helped knock us out of Europe, Alex Telles.

Irwin99

Have more fond memories of Darmian or Fabio than i do of this guy. Bad signing.

flappyjay

Have more fond memories of Darmian or Fabio than i do of this guy. Bad signing.
I can't think of 1great fullback with sub par pace. It's a hindrance in that position. The people in recruitment must have been smoking something.

RedorDead21

Probably the best thing you could say about his time here is that it caused Shaw to pull his finger out and get back to decent form.
Shaws wages are about 300k a week if you consider you need to fork out for an extra player to get his best form.

Winrar

I imagine in a few years (or even sooner) he’ll be in the conversation of “did he really play for us”

SAFMUTD

When we bought him for 15M I thought we were getting a bargain. He had excellent offensive numbers in Portugal. What a disappointment he's been was never even able to properly challenge Shaw. Good riddance.

Status
Not open for further replies.