g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Alex Telles | signs for Al Nassr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Same old tired horse shit excuses. Supposedly "Our players are too shit", " their wages are too high", "we can only sale to Saudi Arabia'... Yet everyone around us and in Europe can sale their off form and arguable shit players for good fees not matter to where! (Just check what Juve had just got for Arthur Melo from a mere fiorentina.) Some of y'all give ostriches a run for their money when it comes to putting heads in the sand.....
A possible €3m loan?

December_16

Same old tired horse shit excuses. Supposedly "Our players are too shit", " their wages are too high", "we can only sale to Saudi Arabia'... Yet everyone around us and in Europe can sale their off form and arguable shit players for good fees not matter to where! (Just check what Juve had just got for Arthur Melo from a mere fiorentina.) Some of y'all give ostriches a run for their money when it comes to putting heads in the sand.....
Wow it’s like you’re just moaning for the sake of moaning. Go tell the Glazers or Murtough all of these instead. What does moaning on a forum do?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Who needs him sold at a profit? He just helped win a Europa league, started for Brazil at the recent world cup and we seriously can't sell him for 8-10m? I'm not buying these constant excuses. We are provably rubbish at selling our talents.
So your qualm is we're selling for 4m less than you want? It's also could go up to your fee with add ons, so I'm not sure where the big scam is here.

If he helped them win the europa league and was integral to their team, why is Sevilla not buying him then? It's probably because he's pretty average and 30.

cyberman

So your qualm is we're selling for 4m less than you want? It's also could go up to your fee with add ons, so I'm not sure where the big scam is here.

If he helped them win the europa league and was integral to their team, why is Sevilla not buying him then? It's probably because he's pretty average and 30.
Sevilla are skint and desperately need to sell

Oranges038

Abuameyang can still get a club too.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Who needs him sold at a profit? He just helped win a Europa league, started for Brazil at the recent world cup and we seriously can't sell him for 8-10m? I'm not buying these constant excuses. We are provably rubbish at selling our talents.
Hardly. Played the last 4 minutes against Switzerland and started with the rest of the backup players against Cameroon. Played 54 minutes in that game before picking up an injury that ruled him out of the rest of the tournament.

KD6-3.7

It needs to be studies how a club can be as bad at selling players than United. We can't even give them away at this point.

Like I'd be surprised if we even get a total of £20M from players we sell this window and that's being generous because it's looks like we won't sell anyone.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

Still More laughable bullshit excuses. Sevilla are broke. The rest of the clubs that faced him in Europa and most of Europe are not. You can't be this inane to consistently push the notion "we can't sell him for more because he is average" Yet a Juve can secure a €3m loan and a deal to buy for €17m a player who has done jack shit and played less than 5 games of football in a full year..... Even something as obviously simple as planning De gea's summer exit on a free we made it as complicated and as dragged out as possible. But yall believe its all very normal.

Last edited:

Plastic Evra

I'm not disagreeing that United are a bad seller but I think there's some confirmation bias occulting some terrible sells that happen every market (this year Chelsea has a few of them; Aubemayang, Ziyech, Lukaku though the latter had a hand in sabotaging it) and it also reflects the erratic & underwhelming results of the last decade.

United only typically sell down to smaller clubs, a lot of said players are labeled as literal deadwood by many of us why would prospective buyers think different ? They're relatively old, on big wages and have not shown enough at United and grew stale.

Going by transfer gossip and what we may hear off : Not a lot of buyers lining up either. Henderson has Forest, Elanga was linked to Everton (but they signed someone else), Fred a Saudi offer. Maguire maybe West Ham. Doesn't help drive prices up. Maybe that's partly a failing by the club.

Elanga is the only one (with McT) feeling like he has some untapped potential.

Brophs

The One and Only
If Al Nasr have backed out of the Telles deal that suggests they’ve started spending money on scouting as well as players.

Varun1

Who are those teams that would be willing to pay 15m for Telles?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
plus a €17m buy clause at the end of it. Yet a number of you want to convince as a Juve can secure such an option for their dead wood and Manchester United can't. With a straight face too....
A buy option. If he's worth it they'll pay it. Like when Marseille could have bought Bailly...
You're surely on a wind up at this point.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Still More laughable bullshit excuses. Sevilla are broke. The rest of the clubs that faced him in Europa and most of Europe are not. You can't be this inane to consistently push the notion "we can't sell him for more because he is average" Yet a Juve can secure a €3m loan and a deal to buy for €17m a player who has done jack shit and played less than 5 games of football in a full year..... Even something as obviously simple as planning De gea's summer exit on a free we made it as complicated and as dragged out as possible. But yall believe its all very normal.
But all those clubs that faced him in the Europa don't seem to see value in him either. He is average for the cost. You can't force demand for someone if no one matches your valuation. It's a pretty obvious concept. Why that may be the case could be due to the wages he is on, which means he doesn't represent good value, but you'd have to ask clubs that.

I don't believe I ever said anything about the De Gea situation being normal? It wasn't and was pretty ridiculous.

TsuWave

I don’t think that’s a good look for Al Nassr if they just renege on agreements like that. Crazy

Johan77

The Saudi Clubs can only have 8 foreigners registered.I think Al-Nassr has 7 and are soon buying Mane...

James35

We really struggle to sell and not always our own fault it seems but still that’s a kick to the nuts and hopefully doesn’t effect us financially with getting another midfielder in. I’m pessimistically half expecting Elanga, Fred, Maguire, McTominay and Donny to all still be here come the end of the window.

Mount, Onana and Hojlund (?) replacing Sabitzer, De Gea and Weghorst are improvements certainly but I can’t see nothing but a top 4 slog. With a Kane, Caicedo etc I’d have us cementing a top 4 place comfortably but now I’m not really confident going into this season. Still time left of course to strengthen further.

G-MUFC

We can barely give away the deadwood that we paid ten of millions for just a few years ago. No other top club are as bad as United have been for years.

flappyjay

We really struggle to sell and not always our own fault it seems but still that’s a kick to the nuts and hopefully doesn’t effect us financially with getting another midfielder in. I’m pessimistically half expecting Elanga, Fred, Maguire, McTominay and Donny to all still be here come the end of the window.

Mount, Onana and Hojlund (?) replacing Sabitzer, De Gea and Weghorst are improvements certainly but I can’t see nothing but a top 4 slog. With a Kane, Caicedo etc I’d have us cementing a top 4 place comfortably but now I’m not really confident going into this season. Still time left of course to strengthen further.
Dont worry they will all leave the problem is half of them will probably be loans.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I feel like our crap players are so much more visible than other club's crap players.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Don't worry, he's a Europa league winning full back - there will be plenty more suitors, we just need to be better at convincing everyone to bid what we want :lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I thought the Saudi league was just buying these players, and then allocating them a team. Why can’t they just pick another team that can take foreign players?

Tiber

A player that offers absolutely nothing. 4m was going to be a Kings ransom

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Don't worry, he's a Europa league winning full back - there will be plenty more suitors, we just need to be better at convincing everyone to bid what we want :lol:
Yeah, Telles is definitely appealing to a lot of sides across the globe and more importantly - willing to leave and go to lesser leagues. We’ll definitely get him gone sooner or later.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yeah, Telles is definitely appealing to a lot of sides across the globe and more importantly - willing to leave and go to lesser leagues. We’ll definitely get him gone sooner or later.
I was being sarcastic to be honest, I think most people won't want to pay his wages and a reasonable fee. Happy to be proved wrong, but I'd love to be proven wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.