Alexander Buttner | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Great opportunity for one of youngsters now, Van Persie's car wont park itself....
:lol:

Best of luck to him - I liked him but he clearly wasn't ever going to push Evra as first choice; hopefully this move works out well for him.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Are the comments attributed to him re Champions League football true or made up? Hilarious either way.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Are the comments attributed to him re Champions League football true or made up? Hilarious either way.
Apparently true, as were the MOTM comments, although some have stated they included reserves appearances, but the figures don't tie up either way. Bottom line is, who cares? It's all good, he respected the club while he was here and his comments were very tongue in cheek, wish him the best, good lad.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Apparently true, as were the MOTM comments, although some have stated they included reserves appearances, but the figures don't tie up either way. Bottom line is, who cares? It's all good, he respected the club while he was here and his comments were very tongue in cheek, wish him the best, good lad.
Yeh I don't mind the comment at all. Pretty hilarious actually. Even moreso given that the club he's signed for aren't in the Champions League.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Those comments, to be fair, are fantastic! :lol:

Shite player though. Good riddance. Amazingly bad signing by SAF.

DocRockter

He clearly wasn't good enough and was a bit of a chav but obviously good luck to him Russia.. Good goal against Wigan is what I remember of him and him stepping up and playing well against Bayern in the UCL..

Lane

It's initial 5.5M euros (£4.5M) with another 1.5M euros as a possible bonuses. So it's up to £5.5M. A very good deal for us i reckon.

Canuckred64

Good to see we sold a player deemed surplus to requirements for more than we paid for him. Have not done that later, I believe. Kudos to Woodward.

footballgirl07

Can't believe how much we got for him. No disputing his passion but just not up to our standard week in week out. Hope he does well out there.

Lane

Can't believe how much we got for him. No disputing his passion but just not up to our standard week in week out. Hope he does well out there.
Dynamo always pay over the odds. Extorting money from rich russian clubs (except CSKA, these guys are stingy) is like taking candy from a baby really.:D

Djemba-Djemba

I was at the Wigan game when he made his debut and scored and we were all pretty positive about him. His debut was probably his best moment at Utd.

We've done great to make a profit on his sale.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I was at the Wigan game when he made his debut and scored and we were all pretty positive about him. His debut was probably his best moment at Utd.

We've done great to make a profit on his sale.
I think I was the only one who didn't think he was that good in that game. It was at home to Wigan and he scored a good goal but I never saw what people were positive about. Agree though, it was probably his finest moment.

Blue always red

The typical LB. Can go forward and score, just can't defend. Don't be surprised to see him go on to become a very good player.

Shaw is easily worthy of letting Buttner go, though.

Djemba-Djemba

I think I was the only one who didn't think he was that good in that game. It was at home to Wigan and he scored a good goal but I never saw what people were positive about. Agree though, it was probably his finest moment.
Actually I remember on the way home putting the Radio on and while Fergie was raving about Powell, when he was asked to discuss Buttner he was a lot less complimentary and seemed to suggest he was very raw and had a lot of work to do. So you were in good company in not being that impressed.

NoPace

Had enough skill going forward to make it here, but he got lost when tracking back way too often. I'm no expert on fullback positioning, but his isn't very good.

Probably best off as an LWB with 3 CB's behind him, but then that's true of a lot of fullbacks who have a bit about them going forward but aren't very good defensively. Great deal for United. Van Gaal didn't rate him, or he would surely have given him a chance at LB considering what a mess that position has been for Netherlands (yes, Blind made some brilliant passes against Spain) and that multiple players got a shot there.

NMF

I still can't get my head around why we signed him. Our own scout said he wasn't even in the top 3 LB's in the Dutch league.

Credit to Woodward for making a
Profit off him.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Almost Bebe weird really. Büttner was way out of his depth for me.

RustyS

We don't make profit on players* and we don't sign two players within 24 hours. What sort of black magic is Woody up to?

* Ronaldo is the exception

Bojan11

What a cnut :lol:

Seriously can people stop calling him a cnut for this. He's already explained this and yet people keep abusing about him. He was asked what he wanted to achieve. Should he say I want to get relegated and not play in the champions league.

Sb_16

We deserve some credit for his and RVP's friendship. A profit for changing lives, not bad. Karma, huh!

Dunk

Body language expert
His first game against Wigan was brilliant. Scored and assisted and looked like a world-beater primed to take on the Champions League.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think that people are a bit unfair on the kid. He was brought as a cheap cover who wouldn't mind sitting on the bench and allow others to play and that's exactly what he did. He's nothing different from the likes of Jordi Cruyff, Rai Van Del Gouw and the recently crowned (by MUTV) legend....Quinton Fortune.

goldenstatesplash

I'm still pissed off that he was chosen over Fabio and led to him being sold. That said, I hope he improves elsewhere. Would not be surprised to see him as a wing in the future.
Fabio really has been awful since leaving, as much as I love the guy. I don't really get the negativity surrounding Buttner. He really wasn't as bad as the caf experts made him out to be. Anyways - of course with Shaw coming in the expensive new toy gets played with and the other one gets handed down.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Almost Bebe weird really. Büttner was way out of his depth for me.
There's a massive difference between the two deals though

Bebe was bought because of his potential. He was as raw as it comes but we didn't had time to allow him to grow because various clubs were trying to sign him. Buttner on the other hand was the typical cover who doesn't complain sort of deal. He was the equivalent of Fortune and Jordi Cruyff.

Status
Not open for further replies.