Alexander Buttner | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

LR7

I saw somewhere a few days ago that it would only be a loan.

The unnecessary signing of Baines is actually beyond ridiculous given that Evra is playing well and we have adequate cover there.

Dante

Average bang
Buttner is an awful full back imo. He's got a decent bit of pace and a trick or two but his passing, touch and, above all, positioning are terrible.

Decotron

Buttner is an awful full back imo. He's got a decent bit of pace and a trick or two but his passing, touch and, above all, positioning are terrible.

Both are fine, he's dutch after all.

He's very rash in the tackle though and his positioning is non existant. If he was a bit younger id say he'll pick it up as time goes on but at this point Id nearly prefer to see Blackett or someone given a run ahead of him.

Fabio is already ahead of him in the pecking order anyway...

Woodzy

Or Moyes think Fabio can do the same job lets face it Buttner hardly played anyway and was a very strange buy imo up there with the bebe transfer.
You're right about Fabio, but Buttner was never as bad a signing as Bebe. He's actually looked decent at times. And he seems to be RVP's best mate!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's been poor for us so far. He's quite good on the ball but defensively he's been a mess so far. Fabio has actually been a lot more impressive whenever he's played.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Hope he stays
Really? I personally hope he doesn't put the shirt on again, I really don't like him. Positionally he's poor when it comes to defending and we ship goals when he's in the team, he's good enough going forward as a full back but not good enough to be a winger.

CantonaVeron

Your right about Fabio, but Buttner was never as bad a signing as Bebe. He's actually looked decent at times. And he seems to be RVP's best mate!
I dont mean he's as bad a player but when we already had Fabio and bought Buttner and sent Fabio on loan it just seemed like a really strange deal. Maybe he was bought like Kleberson as a way of settleing in a star player (RVP) but to me it was so weird and I mentioned Bebe as its often speculated it was just a way of getting some cash to agent Mendez, wondering whether this was a simular thing.

Revan

Assumptionman
Hope we sell him. He's absolutely awful going defensively, he will never be good enough to be here even a reliable backup. Fabio is much more competent than him for that position.

humdinger

Best for all involved if he moves on. Seems a nice enough kid and entertaining going forward, but he's just horrible defensively.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I dont mean he's as bad a player but when we already had Fabio and bought Buttner and sent Fabio on loan it just seemed like a really strange deal. Maybe he was bought like Kleberson as a way of settleing in a star player (RVP) but to me it was so weird and I mentioned Bebe as its often speculated it was just a way of getting some cash to agent Mendez, wondering whether this was a simular thing.
I think we wanted fabio or get more gametime for his physical development. So it made sense to get a stop gap player who would be okay with filling in for evra every once in awhile.

Laphroaig

That's a bit mental. RVP has lived in England for many years and speaks English fluently and probably didn't know Büttner. Why on earth would he need his own little Dutch boytoy?

CantonaVeron

I think we wanted fabio or get more gametime for his physical development. So it made sense to get a stop gap player who would be okay with filling in for evra every once in awhile.
Possible, but I think he would have got enough games here. With his versititlity he could have covered a number of positions and played around 30 games in all in a team that was alot better than QPR. I have forgot but one season he actually ended the season as our first choice right back by starting out as a squad player and played the european final.

CantonaVeron

That's a bit mental. RVP has lived in England for many years and speaks English fluently and probably didn't know Büttner. Why on earth would he need his own little Dutch boytoy?
Two dutch players moving to the same area at the same time was always going to have the effect of them becoming close friends. Even though RVP has lived in England for a long time living in Manchester, a new area etc is different from London were he lived before of course. I know living near Manchester I wouldn't want to and would probably struggle to adapt to living in London. I am only speculating reasons for the transfer. My point being another dutch player coming in at the same time would make it easier for RVP to settle.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Okay, I am throwing Sergio Canales here, but what's the point of not letting Buttner on loan anywhere?

People from both Celtic and Galatasaray openly admitted that they want him on loan, and we obviously haven't let him to go.

Phil

Stop trying to bring logic into our transfer dealings this summer.

Unless Moyes rates him over Fabio, which is again not logical.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Still likely to go to Besiktas on loan as their window doesn't close until the 6th.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
He's been on the bench above Fabio the last few games, hasn't he? Had we got Baines or Contrao then we might have sent him off but chances are he's here until at least January.

DocRockter

-If our deal with Coentrao didn't went through, then why are we shipping our another back-up away? After him we only have Fabio and then players like Jones/Smalling who know how to play LB but it's not their preferred position. Maybe the deal was agreed with Fener and then we fecked the Coentrao deal, I don't know..

LR7

Fabio should rightly be second choice for both full back spots.

Anduin

Fabio is enough cover for the left, Evra hardly ever gets injured anyway. We have Rafael, Jones, Smalling and Valencia for the right-back spot... not exactly inspiring Rafael aside, but still loads of numbers. No point in keeping Büttner, he isn't good enough after all.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Yeah, just saw Besiktas link, I hope we'll finish that soon.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
ALEX BUTTNER'S agent has slammed Manchester United's failure to sign Fabio Coentrao on loan with his client still pushing for a loan move of his own.

By: Ben Jefferson
Published: Tue, September 3, 2013

Alex Buttner wants to leave Manchester United on loan. Buttner is unhappy with his playing time at Old Trafford and was thought to be close to a move to Turkish side Besiktas in a bid to push his case for inclusion in the Dutch national side.

Sunderland and Celtic both enquired about signing Buttner as the transfer window drew to a close, but with United failing to bring in a replacement the defender currently remains in Manchester.

While hopes of a move to Sunderland and Celtic have all-but-evaporated with the closing of the transfer window in Britain, a move to Besiktas is still a possibility with the Turkish transfer window remaining open until September 6.

However, United's failure to sign either Leighton Baines or Coentrao means that Buttner may be stranded at United as back up to Patrice Evra.

And Buttner's agent Alexander Bursac is furious that his client's wishes to go out on loan have seemingly been scuppered.

Bursac told Voetbal International: "It's unbelievable that Coentrao was not signed on time and, whether that is an error on the part of Real or United doesn't matter.

"We have received assurances of a loan. Alex is not necessarily looking for a guarantee of playing time, but he does not want to spend the entire season on the bench."

And Bursac also revealed that Buttner does not feel he has the same level of trust under David Moyes as he had under previous manager Sir Alex Feguson.

He added: "Under Sir Alex Ferguson, Buttner was the up and coming man.

"He started playing in more games and was trusted in training. That sense of trust is not there now."

Last week Besiktas vice-president Ahmet Nur Cebi suggested a move for Buttner was imminent, saying: "We have agreed terms with the player, everything has been sorted. Manchester United have informed us that they would be prepared for Buttner to join us on a one-year loan."

However, it seems United may have changed their mind now that it has been confirmed that they missed out on a deal to sign Coentrao.

LR7

Also I'm increasingly pessimistic about Moyes' view of Fabio.
I'm concerned about that too. Would like to see him starting ahead of Jones/Smalling at RB. I hope when Rafael's back he isn't in and out of the side in favour of one of the bigger lads.

Sounds to me from that interview like Büttner just wants a bit of reassurance, but I'd have thought the fact that he was on the bench over Fabio, twice, would reassure him.

Status
Not open for further replies.