Alexander Buttner | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Buttner wants reassurances? Well why doesn't the cnut come and see me then, I can reassure him that he's a pile of shite.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If Buttner can leave on loan then why cant we sign Coentrao or any other LB on loan?

Genius Me!

If Buttner can leave on loan then why cant we sign Coentrao or any other LB on loan?
Well no because the window had closed, someone said the window was longer for loans in turkey.

Besides which, Madrid won't let him go without a replacement.

LR7

However Buttner can leave on loan right?
To a club who's transfer window is still open, yes. I think the Turkish one is still open and Besiktas still want him, but will we let him leave now Moyes didn't get LB cover?

devilish

If we can't replace him then tough luck. He signed a contract and he will have to respect it. In January we'll hopefully have enough time to strengthen the team. If the prices are right and Moyes decide to bring in a LB then he will surely let him go.

devilish

thanks guys for the explanation.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I don't understand why it has scuppered his loan deal, missing out on Coentrao. We don't really need a minimum of 3 leftbacks, considering Evra's knack for never getting injured.

devilish

I don't understand why it has scuppered his loan deal, missing out on Coentrao. We don't really need a minimum of 3 leftbacks, considering Evra's knack for never getting injured.

Why should we risk it? He's our player.

pauldyson1uk

Buttner reveals contract talks United.

Alexander Buttner has revealed that he is set to discuss a new contract with Manchester United after having a discussion with David Moyes.

Moyes has sat down with Buttner to tell him that he will get plenty of games at Manchester United this season.

When interviewed by De Telegraaf, he said: “Now I need to turn the switch and focus myself here (Manchester United). Especially after I had such a positive conversation with the manager (Moyes). He told me, I would get my games here as well.”

He added: "He (Moyes) told me he didn’t want me to leave. He thought I was an important player for the group and thought I was an good player."

“Yes, that’s right [about a new contract]. I had a good season and the club saw that as well. We’re talking about my contract next week. That’s how much they appreciate me.”

“I most certainly, won’t disappoint him. I certainly will show him, I’m good for that position (left-back). It’s a dream for me, to go to the World Cup. I think that’s the case, for every boy.”

Why is there talk of new contract, he only signed a 5 year one in Aug 2012

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I really like him, he's not as terrible as people say.

Genius Me!

Everything in that is a load of bollocks.

Firstly, important player? Bollocks.

Secondly, good player? Bollocks.

Thirdly, good season? Bollocks.

Fourthly, he won't disappoint? Bollocks.

Fifthly, he's good for that position? Bollocks.

The only left back position he should be good for is being left back in holland for being a load of bollocks. From now on I'm going to call him Alexander Bollocks.

Genius Me!

I really like him, he's not as terrible as people say.
feck off I hate you. It's because of people like you we have to endure seeing that load of bollocks, I've never hated a united player so much since Gibson, even though I slightly warmed to Gibson in the end.

pauldyson1uk

Everything in that is a load of bollocks.

Firstly, important player? Bollocks.

Secondly, good player? Bollocks.

Thirdly, good season? Bollocks.

Fourthly, he won't disappoint? Bollocks.

Fifthly, he's good for that position? Bollocks.

The only left back position he should be good for is being left back in holland for being a load of bollocks. From now on I'm going to call him Alexander Bollocks.
I think he is just an average player.
He would do better at a lower league team, not good enough for our first team.

Genius Me!

I think he is just an average player.
He would do better at a lower league team, not good enough for our first team.
He's really not. Okay for a left back he's good going forward I won't deny that, he's good at beating a man but his end product is so poor which would make him not good enough to be a left winger. But as a left back, his positioning is poor and defensively goals are shipped in from his side.

He's just not good enough for us defensively to be a left back, and his end product isn't good enough for him to be a left winger for us. I don't know how he conned his way into our team, Southampton had a lucky escape with him I imagine.

Slevs

feck off I hate you. It's because of people like you we have to endure seeing that load of bollocks, I've never hated a united player so much since Gibson, even though I slightly warmed to Gibson in the end.

In your quest to get that illusive lol smiley, you're trying to be too funny and it's pathetic, but as an encouragement, I'll spare one for you, for good old WW times sake.

:lol:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Converted winger and it shows.

devilish

Buttner is the typical cheap temporary backup player. I am more concerned about the club spending some big money on players who are average.

Genius Me!

In your quest to get that illusive lol smiley, you're trying to be too funny and it's pathetic, but as an encouragement, I'll spare one for you, for good old WW times sake.
You're a bit strange, I really don't get where you get all that from. I can't stand Buttner, I don't get how I'm trying hard to be funny by giving my opinion. I do think he's a load of bollocks and shouldn't be anywhere near our first team.

Slevs

You're a bit strange, I really don't get where you get all that from. I can't stand Buttner, I don't get how I'm trying hard to be funny by giving my opinion. I do think he's a load of bollocks and shouldn't be anywhere near our first team.

The "feck off I hate you and it's because of people like you bit", don't deny it GM.;)

Anyways, Buttner is a good backup option for left back. For the right wing we have Rafael as the main starter, with Fabio as backup. If both are injured we have Jones and Smalling who can do a job there. For left back, we have Evra as the main starter, with Buttner and Fabio as cover, seeing as though Fabio gets injured a bit, having the Buttner in the squad isn't a really terrible thing to have.

Genius Me!

The "feck off I hate you and it's because of people like you bit", don't deny it GM.;)

Anyways, Buttner is a good backup option for left back. For the right wing we have Rafael as the main starter, with Fabio as backup. If both are injured we have Jones and Smalling who can do a job there. For left back, we have Evra as the main starter, with Buttner and Fabio as cover, seeing as though Fabio gets injured a bit, having the Buttner in the squad isn't a really terrible thing to have.
That wasn't trying to be funny but okay. No I don't agree, I just can't stand Buttner, he shouldn't be in a united shirt he really shouldn't. Back up or not, he's just nowhere near good enough.

Slevs

That wasn't trying to be funny but okay. No I don't agree, I just can't stand Buttner, he shouldn't be in a united shirt he really shouldn't. Back up or not, he's just nowhere near good enough.

And if Evra gets injured, and Fabio is, as usual, injured or thereabouts, would you rather have Evans, who isn't anywhere near comfortable enough with the ball to play at left back and go forward, or Buttner who is very capable of running with the ball and taking his main on.

devilish

Everton has opened contract talks with Baines which would probably fail considering that Manchester United are looming behind. That should place Baines on the market, paving the way for Buttner to leave.

Genius Me!

And if Evra gets injured, and Fabio is, as usual, injured or thereabouts, would you rather have Evans, who isn't anywhere near comfortable enough with the ball to play at left back and go forward, or Buttner who is very capable of running with the ball and taking his main on.
Yeah you're right, I'd rather play Evans there actually. He can at the very least defend.

like I said earlier, all Buttner can do is run and take a man on. His end product is poor, his positioning and defending is poor and it's quite evident that Moyes was looking to replace Buttner so I just hope in January we can maybe go back for the Madrid left back. Basically I'd rather have anyone than Buttner, he's just not good enough for our shirt.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Coentrao isn't really a good defender either though, so he wouldn't solve the Buttner problem. His end product in attack is much, much better, but defending is not his strong suit. He's said in the past that he prefers playing in left midfield over being in the back four. I wanted us to get him because he's such a great attacker, but I wouldn't trust him in defence for big games.

LR7

I'd rather see Fabio rotating with and covering for Evra. If ts true that Celtic and Sunderland were in for him as was rumoured I cannot see why we didn't let him go out on loan. I find it concerning that he's getting on the bench ahead of Fabio.

devilish

I'd rather see Fabio rotating with and covering for Evra. If ts true that Celtic and Sunderland were in for him as was rumoured I cannot see why we didn't let him go out on loan. I find it concerning that he's getting on the bench ahead of Fabio.

Simple. Fabio is injury prone and Buttner is our player.

LR7

Simple. Fabio is injury prone and Buttner is our player.
So because Fabio is injury prone he shouldn't make the bench ahead of Buttner when he's fit?
He's a better player than Buttner imo and should be ahead of him for selection. Most loan spells also contain a recall option should Evra/Fabio become injured so I don't really see the issue.

I would have liked to have seen Fabio given a run in Rafael's spot whilst he's out injured. Rafa came on a lot in the early parts of last season because he got a run of games as Jones and Smalling were injured. That benefited him quite a lot and I don't see why a run for Fabio wouldn't bring about a similar development.

Genius Me!

So because Fabio is injury prone he shouldn't make the bench ahead of Buttner when he's fit?
He's a better player than Buttner imo and should be ahead of him for selection. Most loan spells also contain a recall option should Evra/Fabio become injured so I don't really see the issue.

I would have liked to have seen Fabio given a run in Rafael's spot whilst he's out injured. Rafa came on a lot in the early parts of last season because he got a run of games as Jones and Smalling were injured. That benefited him quite a lot and I don't see why a run for Fabio wouldn't bring about a similar development.
I don't think it's as simple as that with the recall option. For example, if a team has prepared for the season with a particular player on loan, they'd be stuffed if we could just recall them at any time without them being able to replace them. I know if I was a manager I wouldn't want to loan a player who could just be recalled at a moments notice. It would be different if there were no transfer windows and they would be able to get someone else in.

blitz133w

I don't understand why everyone is treating fabio as if he's some sort of upcoming youth prospect with no experience. He's started in a champions league final against Barcelona FFS and being more than decent throughout that season. Something which Buttner will probably never achieve in his entire life. Even after that he had a loan spell. He should be ready for the first team whenever evra needs rest. Buttner is an extra. We should loan him or sell him ASAP.

Or maybe try him as a winger against smaller teams. He doesn't have that kind of discipline though, he's a weird buy. He seems to possess some attacking skills but we don't require him here.

LR7

I don't understand why everyone is treating fabio as if he's some sort of upcoming youth prospect with no experience. He's started in a champions league final against Barcelona FFS and being more than decent throughout that season. Something which Buttner will probably never achieve in his entire life. Even after that he had a loan spell. He should be ready for the first team whenever evra needs rest. Buttner is an extra. We should loan him or sell him ASAP.

Or maybe try him as a winger against smaller teams. He doesn't have that kind of discipline though, he's a weird buy. He seems to possess some attacking skills but we don't require him here.
Pretty much this.
With all the attacking options we have though I just can't even see him getting a game on the wing. Would rather see Zaha or Januzaj there.

devilish

We dont know what Fabio's fitness conditions are.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

Quite

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think there might... might be a left sided player in there somewhere. Certainly not a defender though... maybe some form of defensive winger? Though he's got a decent eye for goal it seems... and he actually seems to have a decent sense of timing when it comes to breaking into the box, so forget the defensive part.

Status
Not open for further replies.