Alexis Mac Allister | Moves to Liverpool for 35m according to Romano

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Too busy having his arse licked by the scouse trio post match,why not just ask him when you signing for us because we can't wait

hobbers

If money is really limited for this summer we should just sign a striker and Macallister for whatever money it takes and spend the rest of the window getting rid of the deadwood.

croadyman

If money is really limited for this summer we should just sign a striker and Macallister for whatever money it takes and spend the rest of the window getting rid of the deadwood.
Scouse feckers are ahead of us on this

InfiniteBoredom

He’s a baller, him and Caicedo bossed our midfield.

Imagine thinking this guy is no better than Fred or Sabitzer.

croadyman

He’s a baller, him and Caicedo bossed our midfield.

Imagine thinking this guy is no better than Fred or Sabitzer.
So if you have to choose one who would it be,then again could easily lose him to scousers and Caicedo to gooners which hurts

InfiniteBoredom

I don't think he's the answer to our midfield conundrum. Tonight I didn't see him doing anything particularly breathtaking. He's an upgrade on Fred and Mc T, no question, but I don't think that's the right metric.
It’s absolutely the right metric, because there’s no guarantee we would be able to entice someone like De Jong here this summer. Having a young, accomplished midfielder who can cover multiple positions and if not excel, then always give you 7/10 performance, is a massive improvement on what we have now.

So if you have to choose one who would it be,then again could easily lose him to scousers and Caicedo to gooners which hurts
Depends on who we can bring in, if we can get De Jong then I’d pass on him, and try to bring in Lavia as understudy for Casemiro since he would be cheaper. But if not then we should absolutely get him in, whenever Eriksen isn’t on the field we struggle massively to build play, and Eriksen is weaker in possession than Mac Allister.
Caicedo was at rightback. Gilmour and Mac Allister were on top of Casemiro and Fred
Only when we are in possession, he played closer to DM when they have the ball, pushing up the field while their shape came closer to a 3-4-3.

croadyman

It’s absolutely the right metric, because there’s no guarantee we would be able to entice someone like De Jong here this summer. Having a young, accomplished midfielder who can cover multiple positions and if not excel, then always give you 7/10 performance, is a massive improvement on what we have now.

Depends on who we can bring in, if we can get De Jong then I’d pass on him, and try to bring in Lavia as understudy for Casemiro since he would be cheaper. But if not then we should absolutely get him in, whenever Eriksen isn’t on the field we struggle massively to build play, and Eriksen is weaker in possession than Mac Allister.

Only when we are in possession, he played closer to DM when they have the ball, pushing up the field while their shape came closer to a 3-4-3.
We will never sign De Jong,so gonna take it you would prefer us to sign Mac Allister then

InfiniteBoredom

We will never sign De Jong,so gonna take it you would prefer us to sign Mac Allister then
Yes, especially over the rumoured Mount or Maddison (most likely bollocks, tbf). While not having cover for Casemiro is an issue, we don’t even have a partner for him to begin with. Casemiro-Eriksen-Bruno will never dominate games for you consistently.

croadyman

Yes, especially over the rumoured Mount or Maddison (most likely bollocks, tbf). While not having cover for Casemiro is an issue, we don’t even have a partner for him to begin with. Casemiro-Eriksen-Bruno will never dominate games for you consistently.
Mount is utterly underwhelming to say the least,would like Maddison if we didn't have about 7 positions above on priority list

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If he stayed being a Scotsman Fergie would have persuaded him to join United :mad:

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He tored Casemiro apart tonight. Very reliable, press resistant. Completely dictated their tempo.

He's the opposite to Bruno. With Mac Allister you get the feeling that he will not rush if not necessary, and will always find the right pass. He works a lot, is press resistant, goes for goal aswell. His penalties are magnificent, it's not the first time he strikes a decisive penalty in such a magnificent way for Brighton.

And to think he didn't shoot against The Netherlands and France at the World Cup.
This. Would have been a game changer for us.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Glad you say would because lost him to scousers
Probably true. And the way some of our players behaved last night probably did not help.

But with both us and Liverpool chasing him he will be very expensive. I would not mind Man Utd paying a silly fee for him at all. Hope we really push the fee Liverpool have to pay for him.

croadyman

Probably true. And the way some of our players behaved last night probably did not help.

But with both us and Liverpool chasing him he will be very expensive. I would not mind Man Utd paying a silly fee for him at all. Hope we really push the fee Liverpool have to pay for him.
Yeah definitely worth pushing boat out for along with Lavia which would definitely make us better on the ball in midfield at least

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He’ll do very well for them. Not certain he’s the ideal player for us but definitely an upgrade on what we have and if we don’t add someone of higher quality to our midfield this summer, one that we could regret missing out on.

Ekeke

He does what we want Eriksen to do for us on the ball, but without leaving them exposed defensively because he likes to get the ball back as well. 3 tackles, along with Mitoma the most in the Brighton team this match. Although Mitoma also had 3 interceptions to 0 from Mac Allister

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We lose midfield battles week in week out. I’m still not massively moved by him. I think he’ll do well enough for the Dippers though

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He's the kind of midfielder ten Hag wants. Press resistant, can play one touch passing, can retain possession, can play final third pass, work horse, and he can play as double pivot 6, 8 and 10. He also seems to have top mentality. Unfortunately, if we sign this guy, we have to forget about signing 100m striker.

Ekeke

We lose midfield battles week in week out. I’m still not massively moved by him. I think he’ll do well enough for the Dippers though
We do, but at the same time if you watch his involvements in the video above thats some quality play to keep the ball well above the level of players we usually lose midfield against. Stronger, really good balance and feet, and determined to come away with it and find a pass.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Players like this who can keep the ball in tight spaces and can’t be pressed into sloppy turnovers will help us win those battles. The issue is that we lack someone who can start moves off, even more. But maybe Martinez and Shaw stepping in and taking that responsibility off Casemiro will allow us to sign this player and make it work? Or maybe he’s more complete than I think and can excel even deeper.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Players like this who can keep the ball in tight spaces and can’t be pressed into sloppy turnovers will help us win those battles. The issue is that we lack someone who can start moves off, even more. But maybe Martinez and Shaw stepping in and taking that responsibility off Casemiro will allow us to sign this player and make it work? Or maybe he’s more complete than I think and can excel even deeper.
I completely get that - and agree, really - but if it’s mostly just press resistance we’re after, surely there has to be more out there? We won’t have the budget to blow £60m+ and afford our other big targets

whitbyviking

Based purely on the sample from last night Bruno isn't in the same league. Plus, Mac Allister goes red in the face, like an archetypical gammon (reaching here) :lol:

Bwuk

Didn’t realise he was joining Liverpool and it had been agreed already.

Him & Bellingham.. that’ll be some window for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.