Alexis Mac Allister | Moves to Liverpool for 35m according to Romano

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

The Athletic article is from May 8 though, as much as I'd love the Scousers' plans to fall through it looks this is more or less done.
I’m not saying he won’t move but the idea that all they have to do is pay a release clause doesn’t seem to be fact. They aren’t moving any earlier than we are ( for a change)

Leg-End

I can't believe Liverpool are getting him for £45 million, £40 million is incredible business but that net spend statistic will look good when the £35 million for this £30 million signing is made. In fact when you take into consideration the PL tax the £25 million they spent is basically £20 million and in fact he's probably worth double the £15 million he's cost, but even so only Klopp can unearth these hidden gems for £10 million and the profit they make from the £5 million they spent when they sell him on to Barcelona in 4 years will make this an incredible win for the net spend cup.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I actually think Mount could prove to be the better player of the two.
Of course. Mount was Chelsea's POTY twice even during their successful seasons. He is in the similar situation as Rashford of last season.

padzilla

Hipster
It's clear he wants to play for Klopp and there's nothing wrong with that. There's no point lamenting that, it's up to us to get our own house in order and get the right balance to the squad.

What we don't want is another season going to transfer deadline day making last minute deals for players we didn't really want straight away because the players we tried to buy weren't interested.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
@UTAretro @The Boy

You guys said there won't be any release clauses, looks like there is one for Mac Allister, any news from Brighton reporters on the fee?

devil99

I can't believe Liverpool are getting him for £45 million, £40 million is incredible business but that net spend statistic will look good when the £35 million for this £30 million signing is made. In fact when you take into consideration the PL tax the £25 million they spent is basically £20 million and in fact he's probably worth double the £15 million he's cost, but even so only Klopp can unearth these hidden gems for £10 million and the profit they make from the £5 million they spent when they sell him on to Barcelona in 4 years will make this an incredible win for the net spend cup.
So Brighton is paying 5m pounds to Liverpool to get rid of him from the wage bill

CantonaManc

See where they play, how they play, if they play..
Supports
ETH's tricky reds
"The release clause for Alexis Mac Allister is lower than reported 45m pounds.
This is why Liverpool feel this could be a bargain as they want to get documents signed this week after booking medical tests to be completed in 24/48h". - via Fabrizio Romano

Second journalist coming out saying they are getting Alexis lower than 45m pounds, sadly.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ornstein has claimed there isn’t a release clause in the traditional sense so it’s not a case of Liverpool turning up and paying a set number

He added: “This is thought not to be a typical release clause other clubs may simply trigger, leaving the player to choose their next step, but a more complex feature that gives Brighton a say over the outcome.

“As a result, the situation is not a foregone conclusion and there is no agreement in place for Mac Allister to leave the Amex Stadium.”

The Athletic have been pretty clear on this for a while now. Everybody is getting ahead of themselves.
Thing is, Paul Joyce is more credible on Liverpool news than anyone.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He is not. But he is very similar to a young Paul Scholes.

Probably the transfer that has annoyed me the most since Sadio Mane.
No he isn't :houllier: He's a good player but he is nothing like Scholes, he isn't a tempo setter or controlling midfielder or a deep playmaker in the slightest. His passing and technique is nowhere close to that.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s quite interesting how everyone views ETH as a Pep clone when in reality Nunez, Gakpo, Mount and Mac Allister were all wanted by both Klopp and ETH - with Timber linked with both too.
Yeah, ten Hag is far more of a “pragmatist” than expected. He’s not really an Ajax Cruijffian type of guy - he was a passerby there. The type of midfield profiles he wants - a midfield three of Casemiro, Mount, and Fernandes - screams out high pressure but transition based football. We won’t be dominating possession any time soon.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Can't believe they convinced Brighton to pay them to take Mac Allister off their hands!

gajender

No he isn't :houllier: He's a good player but he is nothing like Scholes, he isn't a tempo setter or controlling midfielder or a deep playmaker in the slightest. His passing and technique is nowhere close to that.
Was Young Scholes any of these things when he started , I don't believe so .

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Yeah, ten Hag is far more of a “pragmatist” than expected. He’s not really an Ajax Cruijffian type of guy - he was a passerby there. The type of midfield profiles he wants - a midfield three of Casemiro, Mount, and Fernandes - screams out high pressure but transition based football. We won’t be dominating possession any time soon.
Liverpool dominated possession with those profiles.

IRELANDUNITED

How do they get players under £50 million?
Because no matter what he costs they will have a figure if their little heads that they will insist is the truth and they just run with it. Must be a strange thing to be a Liverpool fan.

redcucumber

Because no matter what he costs they will have a figure if their little heads that they will insist is the truth and they just run with it. Must be a strange thing to be a Liverpool fan.
Isn't it journalists that are sharing that figure? Not that Liverpool fans aren't weird obviously.

bosnian_red

Was Young Scholes any of these things when he started , I don't believe so .
He was a playmaker and had the abilities to be a tempo setter and controller, but played more advanced compared to later. But his abilities didn't change that drastically. His passing and vision was always elite. The similarity starts and ends at Mac Allister makes some good late runs in the box... Which you can just as easily apply to John McGinn as Scholes (and there's probably more similarities between McGinn and Mac Allister than with Scholes). He's a good player, fits Liverpool perfectly for their needs. He's nothing like Scholes though.

Josh 76

"The release clause for Alexis Mac Allister is lower than reported 45m pounds.
This is why Liverpool feel this could be a bargain as they want to get documents signed this week after booking medical tests to be completed in 24/48h". - via Fabrizio Romano

Second journalist coming out saying they are getting Alexis lower than 45m pounds, sadly.
Maybe this isn’t Klopps first choice, but with the price being so good, he’s having to take him. I feel Gakpo was the same.

bosnian_red

It’s quite interesting how everyone views ETH as a Pep clone when in reality Nunez, Gakpo, Mount and Mac Allister were all wanted by both Klopp and ETH - with Timber linked with both too.
Yeah big misconception for sure. Ten Hag is definitely going for more of a counter pressing and direct side closer to Klopp than a Pep/Arteta side. Dominating possession isn't some inherent requirement for Ten Hag... He wants to dominate games of course, but is content to adapt to playing a counter system when it suits us. Klopp is like that.

Davie Moyes

Just this from an hour ago

Reading between the lines here I'm taking this as meaning Brighton are holding out for more money and some of the journos have gone early with inaccurate figures.

Under £50m makes no sense when you look at Brighton's recent sales. Around £60m makes sense.

roonster09

Scout
Just this from an hour ago

Yeah I saw this. Looks like Liverpool journalists and few other have reported 45 million or even less, I thought Brighton don't do Release clause, so was surprised to see the low clause.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Yeah I saw this. Looks like Liverpool journalists and few other have reported 45 million or even less, I thought Brighton don't do Release clause, so was surprised to see the low clause.
Also this was reported by The Athletic a couple of weeks ago

Despite signing a new contract in October that secured him until 2025, there is a good chance the midfielder will be sold and there has been lots of debate about whether or not the deal includes a release clause.

It is understood the terms do, indeed, contain a mechanism which can be used to help facilitate a move and that has contributed to the level of interest building to prise Mac Allister from Brighton.

This is thought not to be a typical release clause other clubs may simply trigger, leaving the player to choose their next step, but a more complex feature that gives Brighton a say over the outcome.
Not sure exactly what this means, but the news about no release clauses came from Paul Barber our CEO who has said publicly a few times that we don’t use them.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He was a playmaker and had the abilities to be a tempo setter and controller, but played more advanced compared to later. But his abilities didn't change that drastically. His passing and vision was always elite. The similarity starts and ends at Mac Allister makes some good late runs in the box... Which you can just as easily apply to John McGinn as Scholes (and there's probably more similarities between McGinn and Mac Allister than with Scholes). He's a good player, fits Liverpool perfectly for their needs. He's nothing like Scholes though.
Mac Allister is also a very good passer of the ball. Both short, incisive passes around the penalty area and longer passes. We have seen less of his ability to ping passes, but I think he has proved that he can do that every time he has played deeper. Even if it is not part of how they play.

He is also very press resistant. Also very aggressive and intense like a younger Scholes. Quite complete midfielders that allowed them to play in different roles.

It is difficult to compare, different eras. Scholes also played in the best and most dominant team in the PL at that time. But Mac Allister will be one of the best midfielders in the PL this decade.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He reminds me of a young Henderson. Nothing wrong with that as Henderson due great for them in klopps system. I don’t see why United fans are getting antsy about it though

roonster09

Scout
Also this was reported by The Athletic a couple of weeks ago

Not sure exactly what this means, but the news about no release clauses came from Paul Barber our CEO who has said publicly a few times that we don’t use them.
Yeah, I was going by this and other interviews.

Hopefully you get much bigger fee.

DWelbz19

Liverpool dominated possession with those profiles.
They were and still do, but that’s because of the biggest difference being that their midfield kept/keeps it simple. This massively helps circulate ball retention. Wijnaldum, Fabinho, and even Henderson in that 2018-21 period were mostly water carriers with their passing. It was their fullbacks that were able to play the creative lower percentage passes.

In stark contrast, our midfield three in its entirety (be it Eriksen or potentially Mount) are all midfielders in the bottom 30 percentile for passing accuracy. We’re turnover central in the middle of the pitch.

We finished this season as the team with the 6th highest average possession per 90 in the PL, I anticipate us finishing something similar this coming season (we finished on 53% — City, Brighton, and Pool were all 60%+).

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
Despite signing a new contract in October that secured him until 2025, there is a good chance the midfielder will be sold and there has been lots of debate about whether or not the deal includes a release clause.

It is understood the terms do, indeed, contain a mechanism which can be used to help facilitate a move and that has contributed to the level of interest building to prise Mac Allister from Brighton.

This is thought not to be a typical release clause other clubs may simply trigger, leaving the player to choose their next step, but a more complex feature that gives Brighton a say over the outcome.

I've read this three times and cannot work out what it means. Can anybody help?

cyberman

Thing is, Paul Joyce is more credible on Liverpool news than anyone.
I’m sure he knows of a release clause type mechanism but I’m not sure he’s explained it correctly.
More credible journos than Paul have confirmed it’s not a buy out clause per se as have Brighton insiders and their fanbase. They’ve constantly been banging the drum.
On another note Liverpool fans have been complaints g about how public and slow this transfer has become so it’s all about perspective at the end of the day

gajender

Remember infamous Luis Suárez Saga it could be something like that .

Shinjch

A real battle of the transfer PR heavyweights here. Liverpool are the best at getting the press to parrot as low a fee as possible for their signings, whereas Brighton are usually seen to get great deals in their transfer dealings. When the briefings get going after the deal is done will be interesting.

40 million seems low for a player of his calibre/age/contract length anyway.

DWelbz19

It sort of sounds like an agreement for sale written into the terms of his contract that isn’t quite a release clause. Maybe the drafted wording would be something along the lines of “a reasonable fee”… with further wording being like “taking X, Y, Z into account”

hobbers

They will get him for almost half what Chelsea are demanding for Mount.

He’s not clearly better than Mount but he is clearly a much, much better signing for the money.

zaafi

They will get him for almost half what Chelsea are demanding for Mount.

He’s not clearly better than Mount but he is clearly a much, much better signing for the money.
But you don't know how much Mount will go for. It could be £40-50m

Status
Not open for further replies.