Alexis Sanchez image 7

Alexis Sanchez Chile flag

2019-20 Performances

View full 2019-20 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomSlayer

I'd just give him 15m and a free transfer
This, so much this! Please just get him out of the club, I'd honestly rather keep Lukaku, even after his disrespectful comments towards Ole. Sanchez is totally done and would only be further disrupting the dressing room with his presence.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Selling him is going to be such a challenge.
Even loaning him out will be a huge challenge. What club would want to be burdened with such an expensive liability who is never fit? Even Chinese and MLS clubs won't be interested. I can see him sitting out his contract.

TheRedHearted

Odd how Giggsy was faster than Sanchez, suffered many similar injuries, changed his training routines and lifestyle somewhat and went on to have a very long career. Maybe you're not as wise as you think....
I feel like it’s mental. He’s upset he didn’t go to city and it’s fecking with his motivation. He also may feel pressure about his wages. The guy has to play as a number 10, out wide he can’t beat anyone. He’s basically Mata now. He needs a long rest and a great psychologist.

Hughes35

Even loaning him out will be a huge challenge. What club would want to be burdened with such an expensive liability who is never fit? Even Chinese and MLS clubs won't be interested. I can see him sitting out his contract.
We should honestly loan him out and just get the other club to take like 40 or 50K a week of his wages. That's still over 2million quid a year we'd save, and more importantly we wouldn't have him around the place.

I'd desperately be trying to send him on a 2 year loan anywhere that would take him and just get any aspect of his wages covered.

Roboc7

Loan him to anyone who will take him and pay some of his wages, sit down and work out settlement for him to leave on free transfer or do what we did with Bastian.

Of course we’ll do none of the above and will just keep playing him in lots of positions, mostly out on either wing where he us absolutely useless hoping he somehow turns it all around.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Up front or wide right I still think he's got something to offer occasionally but obviously if someone were willing to take his wages on I wouldn't be sad to see him go. What I really hope is that I never have to see him play left wing again.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Up front or wide right I still think he's got something to offer occasionally but obviously if someone were willing to take his wages on I wouldn't be sad to see him go. What I really hope is that I never have to see him play left wing again.
Rather we play Greenwood upfront or wide right than him.

BlueHaze

Just hearing his name makes me sick to my stomach. Instead of taking the summer off to work on his injuries he goes to copa america, takes a dig at us in interviews and then gets injured again. He is considering the circumstances to me by far the worst signing the club has ever made. The club needs to pay him out or we'll be stuck with someone who is practically handicapped at £350k a week.

Drifter

American
So we can't get rid .Looks like we are keeping him beyond the transfer window.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
I think (hope) he might have a better season this year, especially if Lukaku goes and he gets more opportunities as a 9.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I hope we can reach a deal with him to pay him off in a lump sum and annul his contract (half the value total but upfront?)

It'll be better to get him off the squad list and free up a place, he's never going to come good here.

DoomSlayer

I hope we can reach a deal with him to pay him off in a lump sum and annul his contract (half the value total but upfront?)

It'll be better to get him off the squad list and free up a place, he's never going to come good here.
I think Sanchez is totally deluded about the reality he finds himself in. Probably sees himself as a top top player still.

SirAnderson

Fellaini came to our club and I thought it couldn't get any worse than that...
Radamel Falcao came along and I thought great, lethal striker....didn't think I would ever see a worse signing

Cue the Piano and my word, if this gets bested for worst signing ever...maybe it be long after my children's children no longer roam the earth!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Even Fellaini was a better transfer overall than this.

Sad really.

KennyBurner

If we manage not to move him on this window he has to play central. He is done on the wings. Could still offer something upfront as a striker.

If I had to pick between him and lukkaku its always the latter. Dont see who comes in for him at this point and its sort of a bittter pill to swallow. Moving forward he has to play centrally because he still has good technical qualities.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Has there ever been such a dramatic and sudden decline as Sanchez? I can only think of Torres, but at least he had injuries as an excuse.

It's so weird.

DoomSlayer

What did lukaku say about ole
He said Conte is the best manager in the world and would love to play for him.

Considering Lukaku has never played under the Italian, I have no idea how this is such a known fact to him, but beside that, a player should never disrespect his current manager like that, not at a big club like United anyway.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
When he signed for us and we managed to offload Mkhitaryan in the process, I was over the moon.

The majority of my mates are Gooners and I was rubbing it in their face for weeks. I even re-enacted the famous piano scene when I was pissed one night and sent it to them all.

Karma is a bitch!

SteveW

Has there ever been such a dramatic and sudden decline as Sanchez? I can only think of Torres, but at least he had injuries as an excuse.

It's so weird.
Hes had plenty of those as well tbf.

How the hell do we get rid of him?

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
From a physio point of view this feckers career is done at the high levels.

He doesn’t have the injury prevention habits needed seeing as he’s been naturally fit in his younger days. He plays a robust game and needs extra rehab to prepare him.

He’s on too big of a contract to follow absolutely full rehab plans before return to sport. Even if you do he’s generally so unconditioned from football over the past couple years that he’s prone to other injuries

He’s literally become the equivalent of athletic garbage. He’s done here.

We win some and we lose some. We’re equal with Arsenal now after they gave us RVP..

Ooge_

Supports
Werder

It's so weird.
Kaká? Also had bad injuries.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Schevchenko maybe?
Kaká? Also had bad injuries.
Decent shouts, but they also have the excuse of moving leagues which - although not great - is at least worth bearing in mind. Also their declines started once they moved clubs, Sanchez' seemed to start pretty dramatically at Arsenal straight off the back of his most prolific season.

Saying that, he'd probably have hit 30 goals the past 2 seasons at City.

redshaw

Three more years. We're pretty much paying him 400k to feed his dogs now.

foolsgold

Right now I think he's our best option at center forward; unless Martial or Rashford step up, I'd start the season with Alexis at number 9.

The technique and footballing intelligence haven't disappeared, neither has the desire to do well.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

It's so weird.
It's actually more frequent than people think (at Chelsea in recent years alone there's the likes of Ivanovic, Essien, Costa, Malouda, Cole and potentially Azpi of the top of my head), it's just in most cases no one outside of his own clubs fans really notice because they don't do what those two did by making a big controversial move in the midst of such a decline to draw attention to it (how far they've fallen).

Dve

As much as I like Solskjær, I think he may have managed Sancho not the best way. I know basically everyone will disagree with me, but I think United have a player in him that could actually help the club competing for the top 2-3 coming season. Give him a chance to prove his value. He did not get that contract for no reason, and I refuse to believe Sancho is happy with just receiving the money. In his cameos at the end of last season, he looked like a player having something to prove. If he´s staying at United, Solskjær should seek to get the best out of him.

AndersB

As much as I like Solskjær, I think he may have managed Sancho not the best way. I know basically everyone will disagree with me, but I think United have a player in him that could actually help the club competing for the top 2-3 coming season. Give him a chance to prove his value. He did not get that contract for no reason, and I refuse to believe Sancho is happy with just receiving the money. In his cameos at the end of last season, he looked like a player having something to prove. If he´s staying at United, Solskjær should seek to get the best out of him.
Nice try

Devil81

Sancho

Is he taking the Mick.

He's about as finished player as I've ever seen, he's got three years on his contract, if no one takes him this summer they never will.

DoomSlayer

:lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.