Alexis Sanchez image 7

Alexis Sanchez Chile flag

2019-20 Performances

View full 2019-20 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin Your Persie

I just can’t see it happening, he always seems to get injured after a 3 or 4 game stretch then it’s back to square one for him.

OleGunnar20

Hope he will be given a chance as a lone striker and not the left wing position
Probably the best bet, competition to Rashford with Martial / James battling it out for the LW spot.

Can't say I'm hopeful mind.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If Ole truly truly truly thinks he can get 20 goals out of Alexis then he needs to leave with him

Patrick08

Was always going to happen picking up injury after injury. The guy's body is done, totally given up on him. No way he can cut it anymore in the Premier league. Well at least this injury allows him to make another movie at home, lassie come home is a suitable title
He is always rushed back and keeps picking more injuries. Should have rested whole summer after that but again wrecked himself.

Ace of Spades

20 goals :lol: Just get rid of this dud already.
He is injured again. Doubt anyone will go for him with these many injuries, and the high wages he will demand. We probably had no one interested in him, so Ole is trying to hype him and hope someone buys him on his past achievements.

DoomSlayer

If Ole truly truly truly thinks he can get 20 goals out of Alexis then he needs to leave with him
What do you expect Ole to say? "Feck Alexis Sanchez, the midget dog shagger"?

If we can't sell him, Solskjaer will have to try and get the best out of him. Doesn't mean he will play constantly even if he underperforms again. OGS even hinted Sanchez will be tried out as a striker so your emotional overreaction is absolutely needless.

Frank Grimes

Clean slate for everyone, Alexis included. Needs to be played as a striker/ false 9 though.

If he goes I won't lose any sleep but if he stays I still have hope he can turn around his career.

meamth

I wish he could still do this
Crazy how fast footballer deteriorates when physical attributes are gone.

The only difference between Alexis then and now is his agility and acceleration. Once he lost that, he is half the player he was.

Ralph1386

Clean slate for everyone, Alexis included. Needs to be played as a striker/ false 9 though.

If he goes I won't lose any sleep but if he stays I still have hope he can turn around his career.
Didn’t he also play and excel on the right wing for Arsenal? Could be our answer on the right wing if he gets his act together.

settembrini

He played on the left for Arsenal. Except one season when he played mostly as a striker.

He hasn't played regularly on the right since his Udinese days. If we were going to play him in that position it would have happened by now.

Bwuk

He can’t play outwide anymore. Doesn’t have the acceleration, plus we have better options there.

He’ll play as a 9, id imagine in the Europa League.

Assuming we don’t make any more new signings, I’d say it’s a safe bet our front 4 for the Chelsea game will be Martial, Rashford, Mata and Lingard.

Back up/Europa - James, Gomes, Sanchez and Greenwood.

OohAahMartial

He can’t play outwide anymore. Doesn’t have the acceleration, plus we have better options there.

Assuming we don’t make any more new signings, I’d say it’s a safe bet our front 4 for the Chelsea game will be Martial, Rashford, Mata and Lingard.

Swap Mata and Lingard for James and Greenwood, and possibly Gomes and Martial too. Unless the seniors drastically improve in the next month.

Bwuk

Swap Mata and Lingard for James and Greenwood, and possibly Gomes and Martial too. Unless the seniors drastically improve in the next month.
Absolutely no chance of that happening. We aren’t going to play Chelsea with a 17 year old and a player trying to step up from the championship.

People look into these friendlies far too much.

AgentP

This frightens me. If that's our first XI, we won't be going far this season.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Absolutely no chance of that happening. We aren’t going to play Chelsea with a 17 year old and a player trying to step up from the championship.

I see where you're coming from but I've got this cheeky feeling one of them will start.

UpWithRivers

Put him in the reserves. Doesnt he get a bonus for every game he plays? Whats the point of him? Absolutely useless.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Mason Greenwood has been one of the best players on the pitch the two first friendles, and quite frankly he was the teams best palyer in the Cardiff disaster. I armchair predict that Mason Greenwood starts against Chelsea

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is just the perfect player in our squad to sell to a Chinese club. He can be our first bargain transport to that market.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Thought that was fellaini
You see he just slipped right out of my mind for some reason. I think we need to make that phenomenon occur with the name of Sanchez as well sadly.

VanGaalEra

Just remembered he still plays for us.

If all the rumoured signings are true, we would have Martial/Rashford/Jesse/Mata/James/Dybala/Bruno all who can play along the front line/CAM role. Can't see him getting much game time and there's no rumours of him leaving.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He should play as the striker in the rotated squad for cup games & EL games.

Lavanda

I really hope we can offload him to China. I can't believe what a disappointment it turned out to be. To think that everyone thought he would make us CL contenders.

Last edited by a moderator:

Walters_19_MuFc

Unpopular opinion:

Ole will try him down the middle as a number 10 and he will be absolutely phenomenal for us.

I am really clutching at straws here, but up until this day, I haven't seen him perform at the level he did when he played up top during pre season for us.

Striker
Winger Alexis Winger

Last edited:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Unpopular opinion:

Ole will try him down the middle as a number 10 and he will be absolutely phenomenal for us.

I am really clutching at straws here, but up until this day, I haven't seen him perform at the level he did when he played up top during pre season for us.

Striker
Winger Alexis Winger
I think he's not really cut out for that. He lingers on the ball too much and tends to drift wide to find a one vs one situation. To play with a #10 we'd need someone who keeps things ticking much faster. If he somehow manages to motivate himself properly and earn the trust of his teammates, he might have a look in as a false nine. But having him on the left just in front of Pogba detracts from both.

OleGunnar20

Unpopular opinion:

Striker
Winger Alexis Winger
Man wouldn't that be a dream.

I agree that that's probably his best position now, playing as a second striker rather than a #10 creator type. However, if I'm honest I think he's shot, physically and mentally.

But hey who knows. Maybe Ole can light a fire under him? If he recovers to even 75% of his best form he'd be a real asset.

We live in hope ey.

Status
Not open for further replies.