Alexis Sanchez issues an apology

hobbers

People surely trolling if they think he'll come good right?

His legs are done. His body is done. He's not going to be fit enough to get through pre season without more serious muscle injuries, let alone survive any matches next season.

He's hopeless and we need to get rid of him any way possible. Even if it's just paying him off, paying off other clubs, however we have to do it.

The UTD Way

I remember under fergie if we had a real bad game he would come out after the match with that Scot accent and say “you’ll not be seeing that level again”.....next week we’d rip someone to shreds and everyone of them would be at it.

You have to demand the highest standards, anyone dropping below get rid of. Have that culture of only the very best is good enough. This is the only reason I believe Ole and Mike etc... should have time to re-build. Yes there’s talk of History and all that, but honestly it’s about bringing Manchester United standards back.

Reactions: SteveJ

JMack1234

The rate at which we're declining Sanchez won't have to leave to find his new level. Can just stay here and put two or three past Getafe.

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
I think I’ll throw out my own statement on Twitter and apologize for being a supporter.

Red_toad

So it’s been his injuries that he’s apologising for, as they’ve made him be pretty shite in the vast majority of his games for United. So it’s not him and his inability to follow instructions or retain the ball, it’s simply down to injuries. All is forgiven Alexis :lol:

Sterling Archer

If Pogba leaves I wouldn't be surprised if Alexis returns to good form. Is it a surprise that a player of his personality comes in during a January window and feels ostracized even more? He's a loner to begin with and I'm sure it was hard to get with a group of young prima donnas bouncing about on Instagram and Twitter like they were all top dogs. Not to mention, I'm sure the whispers about his outrageous salary were made a big deal in the dressing room by the very same.

To top it off, Ole came in and first thing he did was side with his academy lads.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
So depressing seeing him wear the 7. Not saying it's entirely his fault but if he'd performed even a fraction of the level that was expected of him, we might have edged 4th, and he salvages whats left of his reputation.
7 has been a cursed number since Cristiano.

Sylar

Our players must love making snow angels in the cash whilst tweeting apologies

Scholsey2004

What an appalling signing he's been. How do we keep managing to get it so wrong on players?

RedDevil@84

The players need to take a break from such stupid statements and try to get their fitness and things in order (if they wish to). Either ways stfu.
Even the fans need a break from cursing the players/coach/Woodward/Glazers etc.

redtony

The crazy thing is when watching him live you can see he's lost it. He also isn't as energetic that used to be

Really hope he finds a level to reach if he's still at club next season, sadly I think hes beyond that

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
The rate at which we're declining Sanchez won't have to leave to find his new level. Can just stay here and put two or three past Getafe.
Getafe are finishing ahead of Sevilla and Valencia for the CL spot so he won't be playing them unless he goes to Spain or we somehow meet them in the EL knock-outs.

Ventura

Actions speak louder than words, and he could do something about it, he could terminate his contract and leave. United made a mistake in signing him, and he's taking full advantage of that mistake. An apology for leeching the club while giving nothing in return is more like an insult when he has the option to actually FIX it.

Red00012

The best apology you can give us fans is by cancelling your contract and walking away.

Mike Smalling

Question: Do players actually think fans care about apologies? We care about winning, playing attractive football and actually making an effort. These apologies are beyond a parody now. The mentality among the players is absolutely bonkers.

Players need to just shut up until they come back from the break.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Some players do their best but it's not good enough if the whole eleven aren't.

The team can have bad games and might not be able to produce cohesive and constructive football for whatever reason - but you can pick out the ones who make the effort and those who don't. A poor performance can mean nothing goes right despite doing your best or it can mean ambling round the pitch as though you don't give a monkey's. I don't have a problem with us getting beaten if players have at least tried. Sadly, there are some in our squad who actually seem to be very poor, and I don't know why they were ever signed unless it was on the basis of a good game here and there, which was very likely down to even worse opposition. When the rest of the team isn't functioning, those players are going to be shown up even more.

We have been buying mediocre players since way before Fergie retired. Or if not mediocre, then not up to the standard it takes to consistently challenge for the PL.

Marcelinho87

Reads like a goodbye from me.

Doesn't say 'We will be back to the days of SAF' instead he specifies United will be back, implying he won't be a part of it.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I appreciate the apology. I have this year's shirt with his name on it that has never been worn.

Roboc7

Apology is meaningless, just hope he leaves. Getting rid of him and bringing in no one improves the squad.

DavidvsGoliath

We ve had enough of excuses , this guy used to be great for Arsenal, arguably in the top 3 PL best players along with Hazard and KDB at the time.

What happned to him ? Tbh I still don't know, he just became terrible overnight , we should get rid of him , he is on insane wages getting an amount of money that he can only get in China because nobody in Europe is crazy enough to give him that type of money.

Livvie

Scout
We ve had enough of excuses , this guy used to be great for Arsenal, arguably in the top 3 PL best players along with Hazard and KDB at the time.

What happned to him ? Tbh I still don't know, he just became terrible overnight , we should get rid of him , he is on insane wages getting an amount of money that he can only get in China because nobody in Europe is crazy enough to give him that type of money.
It's not just him though, is it? Over the years, how many players with great, or even just good, reputations have come to OT and failed to live up to expectations. Not everyone - God, I miss RVP - but enough to wonder if there's something wrong with the club.

KarelPoborsky

Plays with a complete lack of confidence.
Looks like a player with a complete lack of ability.

Apologises like a man earning two fecking million a month.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Only came here for the money. Eva was right.

We need to stop making these types of signings. Players looking for one last payday.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
To be fair I'd happily sit on the bench for 15 million a year
For £15M a year, I'd sit on the bench, the floor, the table - anywhere I am told to sit. That kind of money will set me up for a very very long time.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Boys just need some vacay and a good preseason.
There are many on this forum who actually believe this.
My reply to that would be, "but surely all the players in all the other clubs in the league will do the same. They'll come back fitter/stronger and with a better mentality next season".

The truth is that our players just aren't good enough and a pre-season won't make any difference. These players went from a title winning run, to a relegation run of games. It makes no sense at all.

Livvie

Scout
There are many on this forum who actually believe this.
My reply to that would be, "but surely all the players in all the other clubs in the league will do the same. They'll come back fitter/stronger and with a better mentality next season".

The truth is that our players just aren't good enough and a pre-season won't make any difference. These players went from a title winning run, to a relegation run of games. It makes no sense at all.
Six years ago I said a gypsy had put a curse on Old Trafford. I stand by that :)