Alexis Sanchez | Staying at Arsenal after City deal falls apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalFootballOne

I just don't understand City being in for him. What, are they going to have over £100m worth of attacking players riding their bench every week? When all of the attackers they have currently are fit they'd have some missing out.

How would you fit De Bruyne, Silva, Sané, Sterling, Aguero, Jesus, and Sanchez in the team and keep them all happy? I can't imagine KDB, Silva, or Aguero ever being on the bench. Sané now seems to be settling well there and is starting every match. Sterling going to be a £50m sub? Future Brazil star Jesus a sub?

It seems to me to be the equivalent of Barca or Real Madrid signing another attacking player when they have no spot for one and are stacked with quality there. Chelsea and United make perfect sense but City? Don't get it.
Assuming Pep has played with a back 3 earlier in the season, I'd assume its what he wants his City side to eventually have a back 3, so possible something, like this

New GK
Stones-Bouncci-Loparte
Weigl/Kimmich
Sterling-KdB-Silva/Gundo
Sanchez-Aguero/Jesus-Sane

Nevertheless this just might be rumors considering Pep and Sanchez have worked together, so he'll be leaving next season might as well link him to his ex-coach esepcially after the embraces they've shown after the both the City V Arsenal games. I think City do want him, but I also think they want to try and make sure he doesn't join rival clubs Chelsea/United, it'll make them stronger, either sign him or up his transfee + wages.

Last edited:

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Yeah, this.

I think a lot of Arse fans don't even seem to pick up on it.

Like Wenger, they'd rather strengthen City again than sell to Mourinho/United.
Did l'Arse not sell RVP to your lot as he was running his contract down?
What's the difference?

prtk0811

If he really wants to win something united move would suit him and with 1 year left should not cost more than he went to arsenal for.

prtk0811

Assuming Pep has played with a back 3 earlier in the season, I'd assume its what he wants his City side to eventually have a back 3, so possible something, like this

New GK
Stones-Bouncci-Loparte
Weigl/Kimmich
Sterling-KdB-Silva/Gundo
Sanchez-Aguero/Jesus-Sane

Nevertheless this just might be rumors considering Pep and Sanchez have worked together, so he'll be leaving next season might as well link him to his ex-coach esepcially after the embraces they've shown after the both the City V Arsenal games. I think City do want him, but I also think they want to try and make sure he doesn't join rival clubs Chelsea/United, it'll make them stronger, either sign him or up his transfee + wages.
Dont you have gundogan, Why do you need Weighl

TotalFootballOne

Dont you have gundogan, Why do you need Weighl
I'm not a City fan.

Gundo isn't really a defensive midfielder unless Pep turns him into a Alonso type player and Gundo said he played much further up the pitch under Pep, so I'm assuming he won't be used as a DM.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'd probably rather Sanchez go to City than Chelsea tbh, let City keep throwing money at scoring goals rather than fix the decencies they have defensively. They can't play all of KDB, Silva, Aguero, Jesus, Sane, Sterling and Sanchez anyway

ovoxo

Wow.. imagine £300,000 a week! He could easily get £250,000 a week at Chelsea or another big club and have the chance to win titles. I doubt he'll stay. Especially if Wenger is still at the helm.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Isn't Rooney and a few others in the league on more than that?
No I don't think anyone is on £300k

I really doubt the story is true. Their biggest contract right now is £140k

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If they offer him that, he'll stay unless someone else matches the offer/offer him more

ferguson2

I see no possibility in getting Sanchez. Especially if Wenger stays. I don't think that Wenger would sell his best player to a Mourinho team ever.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He should feck off to China if he wants that kind of money.
I agree with you, there's asking for a pay rise then there's taking the piss, guessing that his agent has asked for a wage that'd have a 1% chance of success but the player has got his heart set on a move away regardless.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He should feck off to China if he wants that kind of money.
I think it is his way of saying that is how much he wants to play for a team going nowhere.

He'll take less when he signs for a better team.

salford_

I have seen some City fans sure that Sanchez is going there. I really disagree. I think some of the players they are expecting to sign are mental

3KDré

I want him at the club very badly. If we buy him we can play him on the wing or up front. He's very versatile and if Ibra leaves he can fill that gap with his goals.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Imagine:

-----------Mourinho Bus-------------
---------------Pogba----------------
Sanchez----Rashford-----Griezmann

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Imagine:

-----------Mourinho Bus-------------
---------------Pogba----------------
Sanchez----Rashford-----Griezmann
Or a 352 like today....

--------------------DDG-------------------
----Bailly--------New CB---------Rojo----
Val----Herrera---New MF---Pogba----Shaw
----------Rashford-------Sanchez----------

Imagine Rashford and Sanchez running riot together up front.

Fracture90

Wenger shut down all those talks about Arsenal giving him another 2 year 300k per week contract.

I wonder if he'll be joining Chelsea or City? Or maybe he would force a move to us if we Mourinho calls?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Their highest paid player is (or was) Thiago Silva on about 200k a week.
After tax. Cavani, Di Maria and Thiago Silva are all earning more than any player in england in wages.

Barcelona, PSG and Real Madrid pay their stars more than anyone else

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Or a 352 like today....

--------------------DDG-------------------
----Bailly--------New CB---------Rojo----
Val----Herrera---New MF---Pogba----Shaw
----------Rashford-------Sanchez----------

Imagine Rashford and Sanchez running riot together up front.
I much prefer my line up because it also has griezmann running riot up top. Sanchez, Rashford and Griezmann would be a holy trinity up top.

ovoxo

Do people actually see us signing Sanchez and Griezmann? I think Sanchez would be fantastic along with Griezmann, it would give us the goals we're looking for and not limit our future star players like Martial and Rashford too much, given the age of Sanchez. However, I really cannot see Wenger selling to Mourinho of all people. I think Griezmann is a given to come in though.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
After tax. Cavani, Di Maria and Thiago Silva are all earning more than any player in england in wages.

Barcelona, PSG and Real Madrid pay their stars more than anyone else
Are you sure it's after tax? It would make sense, considering how rich PSG are, but I can't find any source for it.

United Pro

Do people actually see us signing Sanchez and Griezmann? I think Sanchez would be fantastic along with Griezmann, it would give us the goals we're looking for and not limit our future star players like Martial and Rashford too much, given the age of Sanchez. However, I really cannot see Wenger selling to Mourinho of all people. I think Griezmann is a given to come in though.
I don't think there's any chance of us signing Sanchez this summer tbh.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
James Olley is always spot on regarding Arsenal so I guess its true. Not sure about the actual numbers though.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
If we really are in for Griezmann which looks highly probable then there's no chance we sign Sanchez too. If that's the case I'd rather he go abroad or just stay at Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.