Alexis Sanchez | Udinese: No Deal Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
I can't see him turning down Barcelona if they're in for him, basically.

Even without going into, for the hundredth time, how good they are the offer from them would surely be more attractive for a young Chilean (better climate, better lifestyle, less tax etc).

It's just my opinion of course and I hope I'm wrong, because he really is brilliant, but I think the draw of Barca will be too much to compete with (in this particular instance, not in general).

Yet again I really do hope I'm wrong because he could become frighteningly good under Fergie.
They're supposed to be changin that, but maybe i got it wrong. Had a look around & couldnt find anything recent. Here's the tax rates for Footballers in Europe in 2009 - if thats any use to anyone..

Rank League Tax(New Tax)
1 England 40.00%
2 Spain 24.00%
3 Italy 43.00%
4 Germany 45.00%
5 France 40.00%
6 Russia 13.00%
7 Ukraine 15.00%
8 Holland 60.00%
9 Romania 16.00%
10 Portugal 42.00%

Its obviously a huge draw goin to Spain for the lifestyle, but the money you collect if on a Prem wage structure is excellent too... Prem clubs really have to push the boat out to get the best around..

An Irish Red

They're supposed to be changin that, but maybe i got it wrong. Had a look around & couldnt find anything recent. Here's the tax rates for Footballers in Europe in 2009 - if thats any use to anyone..

Rank League Tax(New Tax)
1 England 40.00%
2 Spain 24.00%
3 Italy 43.00%
4 Germany 45.00%
5 France 40.00%
6 Russia 13.00%
7 Ukraine 15.00%
8 Holland 60.00%
9 Romania 16.00%
10 Portugal 42.00%

Its obviously a huge draw goin to Spain for the lifestyle, but the money you collect if on a Prem wage structure is excellent too... Prem clubs really have to push the boat out to get the best around..
Footballers over in Holland really do get a bad deal there, sixty percent is shocking.

Surprised that the rates in Italy are higher than England also. For some reason I thought they were similar to Spain.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
Footballers over in Holland really do get a bad deal there, sixty percent is shocking.

Surprised that the rates in Italy are higher than England also. For some reason I thought they were similar to Spain.
What i find shocking is that footballers are not taxed more, they get ridiculous sums for not much work really.

What is shocking is people who are on relatively low wages and yet still have to pay 25%!

It's all about what standard of living you have after you have paid tax, for me the rich should pay much more than the poor.

If you are on a million a year, paying 70% tax still leaves £300,000 a year to live off, they still should be able to scrape by on that i would suggest. :angel:

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Must be shit working in Holland for the big earners.
On the other hand in Holland you get tax back for things such as the mortgage, so for all countries mentioned these figures don't tell the full story in that respect.

Number7

Ret's Slave
They've all probably got offshore bank accounts anyway or be exploiting the system in some way

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

Rank League Tax(New Tax)
1 England 40.00%
2 Spain 24.00%
3 Italy 43.00%
4 Germany 45.00%
The tax advantage that applied to foreign high earners (including footballers) moving to Spain has gone. On a new contract the tax rate would be around 45%

An Irish Red

What i find shocking is that footballers are not taxed more, they get ridiculous sums for not much work really.

What is shocking is people who are on relatively low wages and yet still have to pay 25%!

It's all about what standard of living you have after you have paid tax, for me the rich should pay much more than the poor.

If you are on a million a year, paying 70% tax still leaves £300,000 a year to live off, they still should be able to scrape by on that i would suggest. :angel:
Obviously I'm not going to be too upset for a footballer getting taxed sixty percent and still being left with a life-changing salary.

When I say shocking I mean more in the sense that tax rates can be a huge advantage/disadvantage in the field of recruitment with regards players.

The fact that a team in Holland has to pay out a hundred grand a week just so that the player ends up with fourty seems a bit mental, especially considering that if a team in Spain offers the exact same wages per week the player will make considerably more out of it.

Some sort of parity between leagues, at least the top ones, would be a much more preferable system to produce a more level playing field. Just a shame that it is not realistically going to happen at any point in the near future.

Rams

Spain is bankrupt, so if it is tax you want to avoid in the coming years then I wouldn't go to Spain.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Footballers don't pay standard tax rates, using the basic PAYE rates for comparisons between countries is pointless.

Rams

The fact that a team in Holland has to pay out a hundred grand a week just so that the player ends up with fourty seems a bit mental, especially considering that if a team in Spain offers the exact same wages per week the player will make considerably more out of it.
It's not as simple as that, you are jumping to the wrong conclusions.

Rams

Is it not just that sixty percent of your wage is taxed?
no actually, you get 60 % tax over the % of your salary that is above a certain amount...

But that's not the point, the point is what you loose in some quaters you win in others compared to other countries.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Breaking Sanchez news! Some guy from Udinese says we'll have to wait and see where he ends up.

"Sanchez? At this time the man is the total market, there are 4-5 clubs that are doing everything possible to have it and are the most important, such as Barcelona, ​​United, City and also two Italian (Juventus and Inter, ed)". Stefano Antonelli, Udinese market consultant, talked about the story of Alexis Sanchez. He added: "There is a tendency to create an auction, the situation is evolving and in the coming days we will know really where it will be placed."

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Not seen anything at MCR airport yet, few Planes and some tourists.

BTW What does Alexis Sanchez even look like???

42 euros

Aka Giggs 11 times
Footballers don't pay standard tax rates, using the basic PAYE rates for comparisons between countries is pointless.
Don't players now run companies for all non-playing income? UK has very competitive capital gains rates.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...

that's just wrong on so many levels....

1. What i find shocking is that footballers are not taxed more, they get ridiculous sums for not much work really.

Taxing anyone more because of his profession would a sort of discrimination and would push people off from doing this sport on a professional basis. but even if footballers were taxed more they would just demand more (gross value) so thier net stays the same

2. If you are on a million a year, paying 70% tax still leaves £300,000 a year to live off, they still should be able to scrape by on that i would suggest. :angel

all people are equal and should be treated equally by low. there should one tax rate for all taxpayers.

Crustanoid

Our name is only being mentioned to drive the price up for the clubs who really are interested

Widnes

Not seen much of him if I am to be honest but I read that he played much of last season playing central as a playmaker. Does anyone who has watched more of him know if this is true?

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
Obviously I'm not going to be too upset for a footballer getting taxed sixty percent and still being left with a life-changing salary.

When I say shocking I mean more in the sense that tax rates can be a huge advantage/disadvantage in the field of recruitment with regards players.

Some sort of parity between leagues, at least the top ones, would be a much more preferable system to produce a more level playing field. Just a shame that it is not realistically going to happen at any point in the near future.
Yes i got your point Irish red, i didn't intend to take you to task for a perfectly reasonable observation. Although my impromptu mini rant may have come across that way.

I agree that considering their level of earnings in Holland, compared to some of the bigger leagues, such a rate does seem excessivly harsh.

But everybody else really should follow their example rather than them coming back into line with all the other leagues. Parity is always the fairest solution, but for some reason no-one with authority ever seems that bothered about instigating it.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
that's just wrong on so many levels....

1. What i find shocking is that footballers are not taxed more, they get ridiculous sums for not much work really.

Taxing anyone more because of his profession would a sort of discrimination and would push people off from doing this sport on a professional basis. but even if footballers were taxed more they would just demand more (gross value) so thier net stays the same

2. If you are on a million a year, paying 70% tax still leaves £300,000 a year to live off, they still should be able to scrape by on that i would suggest. :angel

all people are equal and should be treated equally by low. there should one tax rate for all taxpayers.

That is possibly the most ridiculous statement i have ever heard! If everyone was on the same wages then yes! Seeing as they are not, how can one tax rate regardless of the resulting standard of living be considered either fair or equal? :confused:

Crustanoid

I expected the deal to be half concluded today, and now i find myself having to wait for a few days again :mad:
I've already smashed up three tellys today because I turned them on and there WASN'T a Sky Sports Breaking News band saying we'd signed him

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
That is possibly the most ridiculous statement i have ever heard! If everyone was on the same wages then yes! Seeing as they are not, how can one tax rate regardless of the resulting standard of living be considered either fair or equal? :confused:
why not? seriously, people who live in the same country, under the same law, who compete in the same job market, who have similar access to education should be treated in the same way. to put it straight- I studied a lot, worked hard to be where am I now. some people decided not to give a single feck about education and sweating in their jobs and that's why they earn less. why should i take responsibility for these lazy bums and effectively found part of their contribution?

Clique

Vice President of Football Club Barcelona sports, Josep Maria Bartomeu, is optimistic about the possibility of signing Udinese striker Alexis Sanchez. "We are optimistic, but this is just beginning. We are negotiating for Sánchez," he told Chilean newspaper La Tercera.

Although Giampaolo Pozzo, owner of Udinese, said that Manchester City is the closest team is the signing of Chilean striker from the club Catalans appear to surrender as Bartomeu confirmed: "We know it's a valuable player, so there are so many teams after him. We must keep talking and see what happens in the coming days. "

"I can not give details of what we are negotiating, nor do we want to talk about other clubs, but we know that we must first reach an agreement with Udinese and then see what the player. You can not pass anything," added Barca club leader.
Bartomeu, sobre Alexis Sánchez: 'Somos optimistas' - AS.com

Status
Not open for further replies.