Alexis Sanchez United player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ananke

It's BS to think someone earning mega money is bothered about another class signing (who could make a huge difference to winning trophies) earning more money than them. That dressing room will be buzzing that Sanchez is in their with them, as opposed to being unsettled because he's on a bit more cash.

Cmon.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Even BBC report that his wage can go to 600.000 per Week. 450K is safe and the rest is bonus.

Will it create unrest in the squad?
600k is somewhat accurate because it factors in signing on bonuses & image rights - however these aren't *typically* given to the player monthly, like a wage is - this can be different depending on the contract, but not likely.
What happens is the tabloids add up the numbers across the entire 5-year contract, then divide by 12, then by 4 to give a sensationalised weekly figure - because it sells more papers/gets more clicks.

350k sounds about right.

Renegade81

The squard having 2 days off if not mistaken possibly tomorrow there is training pics
Apparently him arriving at Carrington today but thats about it. Im sure he said he was looking forward to spending his first day with the squad training, meaning today but not sure.

NFM

Pogba is 25, Sanchez is 29. United will use the pay differential to motivate Pogba et al. 'See what you can earn if you/we are successful, see, we pay this money, not just empty promises but for real'. Handled correctly it will be a positive.

Saad138

So did Woodward make up for his non-signing of Perisic in the summer with the signing of Sanchez now ?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I swear you keep flip flopping between being a United fan or not :)
Hahaha, I feel like I have to explain myself daily. I love United and always root for them unless they play Feyenoord. But I feel you can only really support one club and that's Feyenoord.

Greck

I'm sure it's most likely gossip but Portuguese press has some stuff on how Pogba is not happy with Alexis getting a significantly higher wage than him, the previous top earner.

While the rumoured wage is not necessarily true, it seems very likely that he is on more than Paul is. And so, do you think it might affect squad harmony negatively ? I think Pogba is a much better player than Sanchez so it could be a bit hard to take for the French.
Pogba won't care. It's Raiola that would care on his and Zlatan's behalf

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
My video is now on Sportbible getting a few hundred thousand more views.

Uncredited, of course :lol:

Thecarrickfan_2016

I couldn't give a shit how much he's getting in wages, It's the club's money at the end of the day, We've got the money, Spend it.

diarm

Nice but 3rd line doesn't fit the tune. Could be:

"Score us a goal, you're the piano man
Score us a goal tonight
He goes by the name of Alexis
And he's got us feelin' alright"

or for even better rhyme:
Score us a goal tonight
Tearin our rivals apart you can
And you got us feelin' alright"

Anyway, welcome to the biggest club in England "Piano Man"!
Your third line is syllables short. The original is:

"Well we're all in the mood for a melody"

That "melody" is important to try and recreate as well to fit the tune. You've replaced it with "Alexis" or "you can" which even if there were enough syllables, doesn't sound right.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Another 400,000 views I didn't know about.

Crazy how something can spread so fast. It was a rushed and pretty shoddy bit of editing. I can do a lot better :lol:
That was great peace of work. Take it from someone who does it for living. But, next time make sure you are credited!

VanGaalEra

[QUOTE="VanGaalEra, post: 22060241, member: 90429"

all papers, let me check they printed the United Anthem (LUN), journos are recommending the 10 best movies about United, bios of Fergusson, Mourinho, Alexis performances, Alexis best goals, the history of United, the tragic accident, the players who played by United, the history of the Anthem, the best United goals (with emphasis i the win against Bayern in Barcelona), reports about the city, a report about the parks in Manchester, the history of Manchester, the new teammates of Alexis, the story of Henriquez and Poli (they never played any official matches), Fergusson/Marcelo Salas story, 15 minutes in every channel, mostly the whole sport segment and even more in newspapers today.
Twitter was crazy, the journos and the people were very happy for two reasons. The meaning of Alexis playing in a team like Manchester United and because the soap opera transfer saga ends finally. If you see a lot of Chilean journalists around be nice, I´m aware of at least 3 special envoys there and the others are supposed to be at the presentation. well if you need help with a translation of anything from Chilean media, just ask, I will be happy to help.
We love you Chile!

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Even BBC report that his wage can go to 600.000 per Week. 450K is safe and the rest is bonus.

Will it create unrest in the squad?
The salary will be around 300k to 350k. The other 100k a week is his signing on fee spread over the length of his contract.

Classical Mechanic

I'm sure it's most likely gossip but Portuguese press has some stuff on how Pogba is not happy with Alexis getting a significantly higher wage than him, the previous top earner.

While the rumoured wage is not necessarily true, it seems very likely that he is on more than Paul is. And so, do you think it might affect squad harmony negatively ? I think Pogba is a much better player than Sanchez so it could be a bit hard to take for the French.
They got the story from the Daily Mirror. If Pogba wants to extend his stay then I'm for it anyway. He still has 4 and a half years on his contract so if we put another couple on it, he will be ours until he is 30.

Balagan

The Alexis welcome video was very slick.....
Nice but 3rd line doesn't fit the tune. Could be:

Score us a goal tonight
He goes by the name of Alexis
And he's got us feelin' alright"

or for even better rhyme:
Score us a goal tonight
Tearin our rivals apart you can
And you got us feelin' alright"

Anyway, welcome to the biggest club in England "Piano Man"!
I was thinking something to the tune of the old kids classic I am the Music-man by Black Lace

"He’s our Alexis now
He comes from far away
And he can play
What can he play?

He plays Piano

Pia Pia Piano, Piano, Piano
Pia Pia Piano Pia Piano"

Last edited:

RedPnutz

Fun notice; The number 7 shirt has recently gone to players whose name has 7 letters; Cantona, Beckham, Ronaldo, Memphis, Di Maria, Sanchez.

(Yes I know Valencia wore it for a little while)
Antonio. Michael.

Todd

This might be the best bit of business we've done since we got RVP.

Sanchez is a world beater, to bring him in is amazing in and of itself...and to only have to give up Henrik, who looked a bust, is absolutely amazing. We're laughing our way to the bank on this one.

SirAF

Ageist
This might be the best bit of business we've done since we got RVP.

Sanchez is a world beater, to bring him in is amazing in and of itself...and to only have to give up Henrik, who looked a bust, is absolutely amazing. We're laughing our way to the bank on this one.
Absolutely, Arsenal fans must be sick of the sight of United :lol:

Fridge chutney

Piers Morgan is taking the news very badly.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Piers Morgan is a toolbag. Happy he went into relative obscurity, just not far enough yet. His tirade about RvP was legendary tho.

On another note: any pics of Alexis training with the lads yet?

Sterling Archer

Another 400,000 views I didn't know about.

Crazy how something can spread so fast. It was a rushed and pretty shoddy bit of editing. I can do a lot better :lol:
The first thing you need to do next time is some sort of watermark with your name on it. Nonetheless, you can now tattoo your back with something like "done gone viral, yo". It's still be less stupid than the one Sane got heh

Status
Not open for further replies.