Gaming Aliens: Dark Descent

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap

I just kinda stumbled across this, thought it would be shit like every other Aliens game outside of Isolation. But to my shock, it's fecking awesome. The atmosphere created is brilliant, really makes you feel that tight sphincter way that the movies do. Theres times where it just gets so tense and all youre doing is going through the map with no enemies around. I wasn't sure at first, as it seemed like an overly complicated mess control wise. But it's easy once you get into it. The first mission once you get passed the prologue took me 4 hours to complete. And I had to bug out twice because things got so hairy I had no other choice.

It's kinda like xcom crossed with syndicate. Xcom style base management, but with syndicate game play with you controlling from a pool of marines who you kit out and upgrade. It's just so much fun. For anyone who isnt losing themselves in Final Fantasy this week(month?), you should give this a shot. There is still a couple of bugs here and there, like when you click the move button theres a voce response like you are telling them to run. And yes, it's as annoying as it sounds. More so in fact(DOUBE TIME!!, MOVE! MOVE! MOVE!). But there is a patch coming.

If you're a fan of Aliens, this is the best Aliens game ever. Bar none.