g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

All English CL and Europa League finals

starman

Amazing

So if United had finished 4th, Spurs & Arsenal win the CL & EL would there have been 6 teams in the CL next year or is 5 the maximum that is possible?

el3mel

Great achievement for English football despite hating it ended up like this.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Amazing

So if United had finished 4th, Spurs & Arsenal win the CL & EL would there have been 6 teams in the CL next year or is 5 the maximum?
5 is the max I think. Either way I guess you could now call all these clubs competing for something the BIG FIVE.

Kapardin

I'm actively, genuinely, desperately rooting for Spurs and Arse.

I feel Arsenal have underachieved in Europe in the last 30 years, and I'd hate seeing Liverpool with 6 UCL and Barça 5.
If Arsenal win the Europa, there will be endless trolling about us being the only top 6 club out of CL next season. I'd rather Chelsea win it and Arsenal join us in the EL, misery loves company.

RoyoftheRavers

Amazing

So if United had finished 4th, Spurs & Arsenal win the CL & EL would there have been 6 teams in the CL next year or is 5 the maximum that is possible?
If United finish 5th and Chelsea win Europa League do we get Champions league by any chance?

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Amazing

5 is max, so we might have missed out if Arsenal and Spurs won and finished outside top 4

Ether

Due to the competition for top 4 I'm expecting to see English teams winning the EL more often, good to have a 2nd bite at getting into the CL if you can't achieve it through the league.

Classical Mechanic

England could win the Nations league this summer as well.
Problem is that they start 5 days after the CL final so England have about 10 players involved. It’s not a fitness issue, more a psychological one for both the winners and the losers. Southgate complained about it when the schedule came out, probably didn’t think this would actually happen.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
and City are in an FA Cup final. We’re the only team in the “top 6” that have nothing left to look forward too. Fecking shocking.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Normally I would say this could be a wake up call for United seeing all rivals compete for titles but it will change nothing in the approach of our board.

Irrational.

Unbelievable. Very proud of all the teams in the finals.

Except Liverpool, they can feck off.

Okay maybe even Liverpool.

starman

5 is the max I think. Either way I guess you could now call all these clubs competing for something the BIG FIVE.
5 is max, so we might have missed out if Arsenal and Spurs won and finished outside top 4
If im thinking this out in my head correctly and United had finished 4th (beating Huddersfield & Spurs loses to Everton so they finish 5th) United would have required Liverpool to win the CL to be in it next season :eek:

K_Ash

where is that Spanish League/Liga they keep telling me about?

CognitiveNeuro

Imagine

Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal all have finals to look forward to towards the end of the season...all of the big 6 except United :lol:

el3mel

Amazing

5 are the max numbers of teams in CL. In that case the 4th place would have missed on CL.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Nobody cares if United arent involved.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
They were though.

Ok, so some PL fans who would defend it at all costs were still making excuses for the league underperforming, but a vast majority of rational football fans viewed La Liga as the pinnacle of club football, which they very clearly were.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
If im thinking this out in my head correctly and United had finished 4th (beating Huddersfield & Spurs loses to Everton so they finish 5th) United would have required Liverpool to win the CL to be in it next season :eek:
Assuming Arsenal end 6th and win Europa.

Damn I'm actually glad that isnt a scenario. It's one thing to fight for top 4 and not mind beating Liverpool on the way. It's quite another to want Liverpool to win the CL final so we could keep out CL spot!

Delano

It's amazing how much English teams have to play for really:

City - Are on course to achieve the first domestic Treble in England.

Liverpool - Could win a Premier League & Champions League Double.

Chelsea - Could win the Europa League and are guaranteed Champions League Football.

Spurs - Could win their first ever Champions League, pretty much guarenteed to be in the competition next year.

Arsenal - if they win the Europa League they can also get into the Champions League.

United - We have the chance to finish 5th...

If you didn't laugh, you'd cry.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Imagine

Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal all have finals to look forward to towards the end of the season...all of the big 6 except United :lol:
Yes it's like walking on eggshells in here. No one outside of united supporters are really mentioning the elephant sitting right in the middle of the room, and that's united being nowhere to be seen. I really don't think we'll ever see a season as bizarre as this ever again.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Man Utd should be looking forward to the summer transfer window.:mad:

I swear next season 19-20 could be less than stellar for all the happy twats laughing this Spring '19: other than City (mainly because of Pep) none of the other 4 teams have greatness guaranteed for 19-20. I'm sick of the "Next year 100 points if needed la!" BS, the "Spurs is a Top European Club now and will remain so" BS or the "The transfer ban won't affect us" BS.

Utd won the EL in 2017 and finished 2nd in 2018. Don't jerk Utd. off, don't mock Utd.; Utd will be back eventually and with hatred in their hearts.