All-Ireland Championships '09

Dave89

Thanks CL and RHD!

The interpros have been killed by the GAA themselves. It's a disgrace. A concentrated effort over a few years would revive it.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Its importance will never recover and time is now so squeezed with so much club/county football and to be honest I actually thought it had stopped already. 125 years of the GAA celebrations I thought was a bit of a damp squeeze, not doubt plenty of big fancy dinners and partys for the fat GAA bigwigs.
Ahh c'mon man, its only two games & can be done at a proper time - possibly during the League Campaign. By which I mean, take Derry out of the League so all the other teams in the division have one less game to play & also it would save money on the cost of hospital costs arising from said matches at Derry :smirk:

From a personal point of view CL regarding the Croke Park element of the Celebrations:

Tyrone beat Dublin (National League) in Croke Park "under the lights" - again :D

Massive fireworks display

People from all Counties there

I didnt get arrested for over-zealous Red Hand County cheering & chanting

Had a great piss-up before & after

Stevie O'Neill's majestic Gaelic Footballing artistry & that point from near the side-line: YouTube - Stephen O' Neill Point : Tyrone V Dublin

Last but not least, having the pleasure of my lovely Kerry missus there with me :angel:

All-in-all, I thoroughly enjoyed it :cool:

Crerand Legend

Ahh c'mon man, its only two games & can be done at a proper time - possibly during the League Campaign. By which I mean, take Derry out of the League so all the other teams in the division have one less game to play & also it would save money on the cost of hospital costs arising from said matches at Derry :smirk:

From a personal point of view CL regarding the Croke Park element of the Celebrations:

Tyrone beat Dublin (National League) in Croke Park "under the lights" - again :D

Massive fireworks display

People from all Counties there

I didnt get arrested for over-zealous Red Hand County cheering & chanting

Had a great piss-up before & after

Stevie O'Neill's majestic Gaelic Footballing artistry & that point from near the side-line: YouTube - Stephen O' Neill Point : Tyrone V Dublin

Last but not least, having the pleasure of my lovely Kerry missus there with me :angel:

All-in-all, I thoroughly enjoyed it :cool:
I along with alot of others were wondering how Stephen Oneill got an All Star ,the panel must have just viewed that You Tube video ,it certainly wasnt for the rest of the football he played.No doubt you will have answer and as for the fireworks for yourself and the Dubs it made a bit of difference from the fireworks produced in Omagh the last time you met

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
I along with alot of others were wondering how Stephen Oneill got an All Star ,the panel must have just viewed that You Tube video ,it certainly wasnt for the rest of the football he played.No doubt you will have answer and as for the fireworks for yourself and the Dubs it made a bit of difference from the fireworks produced in Omagh the last time you met
"S.O.N" : says it all about how we feel about him in Tyrone CL :)

The "Battle of Omagh" was a sickening occasion alright. Tyrone played their part I know, but the Dubs came up to fight & this was under the orders of "Pillar/Pillock". The phrase used by him in the dressing room before the game was "one in - all in".

I know a few Dubs close to the County team & they were sickened themselves that Caffrey wasnt interested in the game at all. He was pissed that we beat them at Croker & wanted to put down a marker!

Dickhead Copper!

Crerand Legend

Well done today PJ ,you just have to beat the McCooeys and you are Ulster Champs, seemed like a great game

Dave89

Could have swore I posted in here earlier? Anyhoo, I expected both of the wins so far, but St. Galls might just be one too many. Can't see us beating them.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Could have swore I posted in here earlier? Anyhoo, I expected both of the wins so far, but St. Galls might just be one too many. Can't see us beating them.
Well done man & good luck against St. Galls.

It'll be a tough one alright but they'll be thinkin the same thing too. So keep the faith, its a 50/50 one-off game & anything can happen!

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Had a Tyrone Players Stag in here at the weekend...

All good lads. Shame their followers are wankers and I told them that to their face

bazalini

And while I am at it.. Well done GArrycastle in getting to a Leinster Final... We might get something out of Westmeath footballers this year

Dave89

Jaysus PJ - Didn't realise you were from The Loup
:cool:
Yeah, St. Galls gave them a bittuva whooping yesterday. They look good for the All-Ireland!

Interestingly enough, my best mate's Grandfather is the oldest living club member of St. Galls, approaching 100 i think. Still goes to all the matches!
Think they were 2nd favourites back before the 1st round of Ulster had even been played.
Bad luck yesterday PJ, great season for the Loup all the same
Brilliant season. Anything after Derry is just a bonus. Still chuffed with winning Derry to be honest.

bazalini

What is this a Fecking Doire Love-in.........?

Don't make me puke....

You Ulster folk need to get a life

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Next year is Dublin's year :rolleyes: screams Gerard....or I mean me
Feel sorry for ya mate :(

If your footballers had the same attitude as the hurlers you'd be alot closer to an All-Ireland final man. They're far too cocky about themselves & many of them need a right good kicking also!

If you've been to Coppers on a Sunday night during the Championship, it wouldnt be out of place to see many a Dublin player pished up & being the big man. "Look at me - I play for Dublin" lark.

Bernard Brogan & a few others were standing outside the front door of Coppers smoking, downing pints & generally acting like they were highlight of everyone's evening. Sickening!

Dublin GAA Board should pump half the money into the Hurlers that they pump into the Footballers. The dedication & drive those lads have is fantastic & the best thing about them is that they are realistic about where they are compared to the likes of hurling giants such as Kilkenny, Cork & Tyrone :)

Crerand Legend

Ok RHD time for you to do the honours and start a new thread for next year. Merry Christmas to you and that wee Kerry lass, a ring perhaps? Merry Christmas as well to PJ, Baz and the rest of the GAA brotherhood who post on here

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Ok RHD time for you to do the honours and start a new thread for next year. Merry Christmas to you and that wee Kerry lass, a ring perhaps? Merry Christmas as well to PJ, Baz and the rest of the GAA brotherhood who post on here
Thanks very much man, sorry I didnt see your post btw. I wasnt on here alot over Christmas & this threads been idle for a while so I never thought of checking. I would have posted a reply asap!

Hope you had a great Christmas & New Year & that the weather didnt cause too many problems in rural Derry, as it did throughout the country!

No ring yet man, but sometime soon with a bitta luck & save a few bob more importantly!

Had a great Christmas down in Kerry with her folks etc.. weather wasnt great for driving though but we were careful enough, considering I only saw one gritter on the roads & that was around Co. Limerick - fecking disgrace that local authorities couldnt afford to spend money on grittin, when the cost of car accidents would have been much greater to the emergency services & possible lengthy hospital treatment!

Government can find money for bankers but yet they couldnt find money to help out the local councils with grittin around the country. Sad state of affairs!

Hope all the boys: Decotron, PJ, Baz, Stuff the goat, Name Changed, Lem8sh, Stick, Cesc, tyrone red etc (apologies if I left anyone out) all had a great Christmas & New Year & I'll look forward to spouting shite with y'all throughout the new season :cool:

lem8sh

Thanks very much man, sorry I didnt see your post btw. I wasnt on here alot over Christmas & this threads been idle for a while so I never thought of checking. I would have posted a reply asap!

Hope you had a great Christmas & New Year & that the weather didnt cause too many problems in rural Derry, as it did throughout the country!

No ring yet man, but sometime soon with a bitta luck & save a few bob more importantly!

Had a great Christmas down in Kerry with her folks etc.. weather wasnt great for driving though but we were careful enough, considering I only saw one gritter on the roads & that was around Co. Limerick - fecking disgrace that local authorities couldnt afford to spend money on grittin, when the cost of car accidents would have been much greater to the emergency services & possible lengthy hospital treatment!

Government can find money for bankers but yet they couldnt find money to help out the local councils with grittin around the country. Sad state of affairs!

Hope all the boys: Decotron, PJ, Baz, Stuff the goat, Name Changed, Lem8sh, Stick, Cesc, tyrone red etc (apologies if I left anyone out) all had a great Christmas & New Year & I'll look forward to spouting shite with y'all throughout the new season :cool:
Nice one RHD, hope you didn't drink too much! You are right about the roads down here man, they are a fecking disgrace at the best of times but with the recent weather they are nearly unpassable:mad:

Crerand Legend

Weather was a nightmare here RHD downright dangerous. As for the rest of Christmas today is my first day off in three weeks, that about sums up my Christmas , glad you had a good one. See we have a new County Capt in Gerard Okane, not sorry to see that , Fergal Dohertys formed dipped badly last year maybe being Captain didnt agree with him

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Nice one RHD, hope you didn't drink too much! You are right about the roads down here man, they are a fecking disgrace at the best of times but with the recent weather they are nearly unpassable:mad:
Hey Lem, how's it goin man. Drank shit loads on Christmas Day & then didnt go as mad for a few days until the 28th, where I went up home to see the Nordie lads - that was a bittuva all-nighter, great craic though :cool:

The weather was baltic alright. I was gettin a train from Farranfore on the 28th up to Dublin to get another train up to Lurgan, Co.Armagh - the fecking train from Tralee was cancelled due to the engine freezing or some shit like that, also I heard the lines were too dangerous too, so they bussed us to Mallow for connecting train - thats how cold it was down your way!

Its a miracle there werent more crashes than there was, but I think most people were extra careful & vigilante on the roads. I actually came back down to Kerry again on the train after being up North because I didnt want the missus driving on her own in that shit. 2 pairs of eyes are better than one!

A good few Dub reg'd plates were flying up the roads past us on New year Eve afternoon - crazy feckers & completely wreckless considering the amount of slush & ice on the Castleisland to Abbeyfeale road & further up also. A law onto themselves are the Dubs. Pity they wouldnt put more speed into taking their seats at Crokers instead of holding up the games ;):D:smirk:

Hope you had a goodun & have a great year ahead big lad :cool:

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Weather was a nightmare here RHD downright dangerous. As for the rest of Christmas today is my first day off in three weeks, that about sums up my Christmas , glad you had a good one. See we have a new County Capt in Gerard Okane, not sorry to see that , Fergal Dohertys formed dipped badly last year maybe being Captain didnt agree with him
Hey man, feck mate sorry to hear you're only gettin off today, thats pretty shit. Its like you missed Christmas altogether. feck there's us boys yappin that we're back in work after the lay-off & you poor fecker had to work the bloody lot. :( Hope its a good year for ya though :cool:

Yeah I heard O'Kane got the Captaincy, not sure how cut out for the job he is but might be a better choice than Doherty alright, he was a much better player before he was made Captain. I think in any team sport you need more than one leader though, there's only so much one man can say at any given time - if you have several leaders with ability too - you're in business big time!

Best of luck with the upcoming Dr McKenna campaign, great match is instore too. Derry vs Down - that'll be a cracker, and with Downs Downunder lads back they'll be much stronger this year, so it should be a good game for the neutral - wont see too many neutrals up in Celtic Park though & probably feck all Down fans heading up over the Glenshane Pass or any of the other roads in those conditions. Atleast the six Counties will have grit on the roads!

Crerand Legend

Hey man, feck mate sorry to hear you're only gettin off today, thats pretty shit. Its like you missed Christmas altogether. feck there's us boys yappin that we're back in work after the lay-off & you poor fecker had to work the bloody lot. :( Hope its a good year for ya though :cool:

Yeah I heard O'Kane got the Captaincy, not sure how cut out for the job he is but might be a better choice than Doherty alright, he was a much better player before he was made Captain. I think in any team sport you need more than one leader though, there's only so much one man can say at any given time - if you have several leaders with ability too - you're in business big time!

Best of luck with the upcoming Dr McKenna campaign, great match is instore too. Derry vs Down - that'll be a cracker, and with Downs Downunder lads back they'll be much stronger this year, so it should be a good game for the neutral - wont see too many neutrals up in Celtic Park though & probably feck all Down fans heading up over the Glenshane Pass or any of the other roads in those conditions. Atleast the six Counties will have grit on the roads!
Someone told me yesterday that the Derry/Down match is live on TG4, not100% sure

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Someone told me yesterday that the Derry/Down match is live on TG4, not100% sure
You're in for a fecking treat man. You're right, TG4 are showing the Derry - Down game on Sunday - starting at 13.45 - throw-in at 2.00pm :cool:

Not only that, they're showing Derry - Cork 1993 All-Ireland Final straight after it, at 15.45 :cool:

TG4 - Irish language television channel - Teilifis Gaeilge - Sports Listings

Whats with TG4's Derry love-in eh, might have to start boy-cotting that channel, unless they show the Red Hands at some stage & lets face it - there's no chance of seeing Tyrone on the BBC this year as they wont show any Gaelic games nevermind Tyrone, because of the deep-rooted discrimination still prevalent within the corridors of BBC Northern Ireland :mad:

If they cant afford to show Gaelic games - then scrap Top Gear & Clarkson (PJ;)) in particular - that way they'll have all the funding they need for endless Gaelic games :)

Crerand Legend

About time somebody loved us for gods sake. And do away with Jeremy ,no way, Top Gear is my favourite programme. A bit less stictly come dancing for me

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
About time somebody loved us for gods sake. And do away with Jeremy ,no way, Top Gear is my favourite programme. A bit less stictly come dancing for me
Whats with you Derry boys & Top gear - PJ also wanks over Jeremy "I'd love to smack his face" Clarkson :lol:

Actually when I think about it, when I was at St. Pius's Magherafelt, all the lads were petrol heads & many of them used to go up to Kirkiston. Its changed a helluva lot since those days tho - check out the website:

Kirkistown, motor racing circuit: Home Page, Official site of Ireland's best loved motor racing circuit