All-Ireland Championships '09

Dave89

True that. Also, statistically speaking, when we win Derry, we win Ulster!!

Crerand Legend

Well done PJ great result for you all and I hope you now go all the way to Croke.We didnt deserve to win on Saturday although we nearly stole it.Was on the Gaa board forum reading the fallout from yesterday and it would seem the Bellaghy men are more annoyed about yourselves winning than the Dungiven men but then what more do you expect.good luck

Dave89

You couldn't pm me a link CL? Have never been able to find a local gaa forum.

And bellaghy will be ok if nothing falls on them.

Crerand Legend

Pj go to gaaboard.com then click on "go straight to discussion board" and then take the third option "local gaa discussion". You will find the local Derry thread on here

Dave89

There is surely. Would love to know who that new loup fella his. He's putting himself across badly, but there is some ill feeling towards rocks. The club did everything they could for him then he fecked off.

Crerand Legend

There is surely. Would love to know who that new loup fella his. He's putting himself across badly, but there is some ill feeling towards rocks. The club did everything they could for him then he fecked off.
Ronan Rocks is a poster on there but I am not sure what his poster name is likewise the Bradleys.It can get quite heated

Dave89

How long did it take GAAboard to approve your account CL?

Crerand Legend

How long did it take GAAboard to approve your account CL?
Sorry PJ I have not been on this thread for a while,had to apply twice first time I didnt hear anything at all,the second time a day or so

Crerand Legend

Sunday, 18 October 2009 13:50
Kerry's Tadhg Kennelly has revealed that his controversial challenge on Cork's Nicholas Murphy in the opening seconds of this year's All-Ireland SFC final was a premeditated act intended to lay down a marker to the Rebels.

Kerry had earlier been beaten by Conor Counihan's men in the Munster semi-final and Kennelly and his Kingdom team-mates were anxious to ensure they were not beaten by their perennial rivals for a second time in three months.

Now Kennelly, in his autobiography, titled 'Unfinished Business', admits that the high and dangerous challenge on the unsuspecting Murphy was planned before the throw-in.

In excerpts quoted in today's Sunday Independent, the former Sydney Swan Australian Rules player reveals: 'My theory was that I really wanted to set the tone for our side. We wanted Cork to know that we were a totally different animal to the one they'd faced three months earlier.

'As we got to our positions, I looked across at (Paul) Galvin, who nodded, and then positioned myself on the line ready to race in when the referee put the ball in the air. My eyes were almost rolling around in the back of my head. I was like a raging bull.'

He says he 'timed it right' and caught Murphy 'perfectly on the chin'.

According to Kenneally, his message was: 'Cop that. It's different this time, boys.'

Referee Marty Duffy awarded a free to Cork at the time and the Central Competition Controls Committee (CCCC) examined footage of the incident after the final and decided not to ask Duffy to review his decision.
I thought that there would be a bigger deal made out of this than there has been. Kenneally was welcomed back into this game and now I would rather he had stayed back in the land of Oz where,going by the way they behaved in the rules series, violence is the norm.Kerry and the players involved are a disgrace and the GAA should throw the book at them, but being one of the elite counties they wont will they? I find it sickening they have now all become all stars as well.The only reason Kenneally is coming clean at this stage is to sensationalise his book hence increase sales hence make more money before clearing back to Oz.Hope he stays there this time

Dave89

It's Kerry you're talking about, fecking untouchables.

I'd rather see Tyrone win than that lot.

Crerand Legend

It's Kerry you're talking about, fecking untouchables.

I'd rather see Tyrone win than that lot.
Much as it pains me to say it but I have to agree PJ although I would include them as one the untouchable counties who can get away with murder. That not doubt will extract a response from RHD

Dave89

Just after hearing on Radio Ulster (chris moyles is shite) that Tommy Walsh has been signed up by an Aussie Rules side. As much as I detest this drain on young GAA talent, it couldn't have happened to a nicer county! :D

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Sunday, 18 October 2009 13:50
Kerry's Tadhg Kennelly has revealed that his controversial challenge on Cork's Nicholas Murphy in the opening seconds of this year's All-Ireland SFC final was a premeditated act intended to lay down a marker to the Rebels.

Kerry had earlier been beaten by Conor Counihan's men in the Munster semi-final and Kennelly and his Kingdom team-mates were anxious to ensure they were not beaten by their perennial rivals for a second time in three months.

Now Kennelly, in his autobiography, titled 'Unfinished Business', admits that the high and dangerous challenge on the unsuspecting Murphy was planned before the throw-in.

In excerpts quoted in today's Sunday Independent, the former Sydney Swan Australian Rules player reveals: 'My theory was that I really wanted to set the tone for our side. We wanted Cork to know that we were a totally different animal to the one they'd faced three months earlier.

'As we got to our positions, I looked across at (Paul) Galvin, who nodded, and then positioned myself on the line ready to race in when the referee put the ball in the air. My eyes were almost rolling around in the back of my head. I was like a raging bull.'

He says he 'timed it right' and caught Murphy 'perfectly on the chin'.

According to Kenneally, his message was: 'Cop that. It's different this time, boys.'

Referee Marty Duffy awarded a free to Cork at the time and the Central Competition Controls Committee (CCCC) examined footage of the incident after the final and decided not to ask Duffy to review his decision.
I thought that there would be a bigger deal made out of this than there has been. Kenneally was welcomed back into this game and now I would rather he had stayed back in the land of Oz where,going by the way they behaved in the rules series, violence is the norm.Kerry and the players involved are a disgrace and the GAA should throw the book at them, but being one of the elite counties they wont will they? I find it sickening they have now all become all stars as well.The only reason Kenneally is coming clean at this stage is to sensationalise his book hence increase sales hence make more money before clearing back to Oz.Hope he stays there this time
"Controversial remarks to sell an autobiography" shocker. This reminds me of Tony Cascarino, slightly different I know - but still a headline grabber :rolleyes:

I suppose we should all give Faw Kennelly a break here tho, by him leaving the Swans he was apparantly outta pocket by the grand old sum of half a mill, so us all buying his - surely wonderfully written book, this is our way of making up his loss of earnings - the poor creater :(

Save the peoples Champ - buy Tadhg Kennelly's book:

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Much as it pains me to say it but I have to agree PJ although I would include them as one the untouchable counties who can get away with murder. That not doubt will extract a response from RHD
:lol: Yeah thats right man. Cork really were terribly punished by officials during & after the game against Tyrone :lol:

So on the evidence of last year when Tyrone got the book thrown at them - will Kerry have the same book chucked at them or will it be a signed copy of Kennelly's instead - straight onto the GAA Bookshelf - beside Spillanes :D

Just thought i'd throw that in for good measure :smirk:

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Just after hearing on Radio Ulster (chris moyles is shite) that Tommy Walsh has been signed up by an Aussie Rules side. As much as I detest this drain on young GAA talent, it couldn't have happened to a nicer county! :D
:lol:

Young Walsh was supposed to go to St.Kilda last year but he missed out due to his clubs county final or someshit, as he was too late for the cut-off registration point with the AFL.

A few Kerry folk are in shock, but i've been telling the story that he'd given verbal/written agreement to go this year & was gutted apparantly to miss out last year. Incidently, Kennelly has been trying to talk him out of goin - what a hypocrite bastard he is :mad:

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
:lol:

Young Walsh was supposed to go to St.Kilda last year but he missed out due to his clubs county final or someshit, as he was too late for the cut-off registration point with the AFL.

A few Kerry folk are in shock, but i've been telling the story that he'd given verbal/written agreement to go this year & was gutted apparantly to miss out last year. Incidently, Kennelly has been trying to talk him out of goin - what a hypocrite bastard he is :mad:
Apologies for the vanity, but i'm gonna have to quote meself here, due to this being the lonely thread & all :(

As regards to the highlighted above, the missus heard on the radio this morn that Kennelly might be heading back to the Swans in the coming weeks. As i said previously - he's a hypocrite bastard to try & talk Tommy Walsh out of going after he's already had a fantastic time & is now possibly goin back himself!

Maybe he doesnt want Tommy stealing his thunder & tried to disuade him from goin, because i'm sure Tommy will do exceptionally well over there!

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
kennelly unhappy about his book

Kennelly unhappy with autobiography

Kerry star Tadhg Kennelly has attempted to explain away the inflammatory comments attributed to him in an excerpt from his autobiography published in last week's Sunday Independent.

The account revealed that he had set out to deliberately foul Cork midfielder Nicholas Murphy at the start of the All-Ireland final.

The former Sydney Swans player has since released a statement insisting his ghost writer had misconstrued his comments and that he 'should never have allowed the piece regarding the incident with Nicholas to be described in the fashion it was.'

'The controversy arising from the incident involving Nicholas Murphy in the All-Ireland final and an account of which was published in the Sunday Independent has devastated both me and my family,' he said.

'I have been publicly vilified and I want to tell the truth.

'I admit I have made a mistake and a big one. I should never have allowed the piece regarding the incident with Nicholas to be described in the fashion it was.

'I gave an interview to the Australian ghost writer Scotty Gallon just a couple of days after the All-Ireland. I didn't read it over as I should have, and the first account I saw of the incident was on last Sunday morning.

'Scotty used an expression 'cop that' to describe my feelings immediately after I connected with Nicholas. I said no such thing. I'm sure Nicholas can confirm that, and, yes, I did explain to him what happened after the match.

'The Wednesday after the All-Ireland was a rush. We had a deadline to meet. Books don't get formatted and printed overnight. I was on a high and the last thing I wanted was to talk to Scotty over the phone. Looking back on it, I should have read a proof of the finished chapter. I didn't and I paid the price. My fault 100 per cent.

'I didn't plan to tackle any particular Cork man, but I did intend to shoulder charge an opponent immediately the opportunity arose. Shoulder is the key word. On my solemn word, I did not and would never intentionally go out to hurt another footballer. The challenge, I admit, was over the top. I was too pumped up.

'The words 'while I hadn't wanted to come in and seriously injure anyone I was determined to make a statement' were not included in the extract from the book even though this sentence followed on. That one line would have clarified my intentions, but it was not included in the piece.

'I cannot believe this happened. The piece was totally unbalanced due to the omission. At no stage did I know the extract was going in the paper. No one told me. I was stupid and naive but I did not deliberately go out to hurt Nicholas.'

---------------------------------------------------------

I dont believe for one moment he didnt read the final draft of his own story. He's taking flack for what he said & he's only coming out & saying this to generate more publicity!

He must think we're all fecking stupid :mad:

Crerand Legend

I cant believe RHD that the press are not making more of this,if it had been one of our boys they would have been calling for his head.The GAA has to act against both the player and the county

Crerand Legend

Bets of luck at the weekend PJ, hopr the Loup can repair the damaged reputation of Derry

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
In other news....

...isnt doin too well from the looks of it. :lol::lol::lol:

I was in "Read's of Nassau Street - Read's of Nassau Street - Read's of Nassau Street.." (wonderfully named bookshop in Dublin - thats their annoying repetitive "catchline" on their radio advert)... the other day, spotted the book & decided to give it a bittuva gander (look). feckin pile of shite it is!

The book was originally priced at €19.99 but is now greatly reduced & there's plenty of dust on the one's on the shelf. If he's sold any - i'd say the feckers bought them himself :o

There's not even Chapter names on the contents page - its just numbers. So if you wanted to read about a certain brilliant thing / subject that has happened in the dancers life - you'd have to feckin pay someone to read the fecker & ask them to tag (forgive the pun :smirk:) the page - the feckin irony!

Big pile of nonsense if you ask me. Had a flick through it but was careful not to be seen, had my usual Groucho Marx disguise on that I normally wear whilst in Derry watching the Brazil of Gaelic Football - County Derry:

Anyway, just thought I'd pass on that info & keep y'all updated. Riveting stuff i know, but feck it - its Friday & i'm in a messin mood :D

Dave89

Match called off due to state of pitch. Think the other quarter finals were the same.

Did you see what the sick fecks at the sunday world had on front page today?

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Interpros are finished RHD, they are flogging a dead horse
I know man. Still though - always good to get one over Munster :cool:

Shame the inter-pro series isnt highly regarded anymore, most of the best players in Ireland would be on show as it was in the good old days. A celebration of Gaelic football after a hard fought year & also to mark the special landmark of 125 yrs of the GAA :(

Crerand Legend

I know man. Still though - always good to get one over Munster :cool:

Shame the inter-pro series isnt highly regarded anymore, most of the best players in Ireland would be on show as it was in the good old days. A celebration of Gaelic football after a hard fought year & also to mark the special landmark of 125 yrs of the GAA :(
Its importance will never recover and time is now so squeezed with so much club/county football and to be honest I actually thought it had stopped already.125 years of the GAA celebrations I thought was a bit of a damp squeeze ,not doubt plenty of big fancy dinners and partys for the fat GAA bigwigs.