All ticket/travel information thread - 2011/12: Touting will not be tolerated

ashy7

I normally get my season ticket with the zebra 5 month finance. I want to move seat this season to a more expensive area and wondered if anyone of you lot have been in a similar scenario?

With zebra being linked to the club you just put in your membership number and it comes up with your renewal ticket, but if I want a different ticket do I need to contact the club first and reserve a different seat first?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I have a spare for Swansea, cant get it off work now :( Anyways if ye know someone from Ireland travelling over that would be ideal, wouldnt want the postage to the UK letting us down and you not recieving the ticket intime but will post it if ye want. It is North Stand N1410 £43 (€50) plus whatever price postage is (€5.25 registered post I think it is).
Bump for new page

:EDIT: SOLD.

iczster

Lord Sugartits (and worst transfer muppet ever)
So who was lucky enough to get a Sunderland away in the ballot? It could be one of those once in a lifetime magical days if the QPR result goes well or on the other hand you won't be able to get out of the SOL quick enough after the final whistle.

99 red balloons

So who was lucky enough to get a Sunderland away in the ballot? It could be one of those once in a lifetime magical days if the QPR result goes well or on the other hand you won't be able to get out of the SOL quick enough after the final whistle.
Yeah I'm going to that too. Drive home afterwards is either going to be the best or worst of my life. No grey area.

99 red balloons

Using a concession ticket

Does anyone know how strict they are on this? I've bought two season tickets for a few years now, my one, and my old man's one. He doesn't go to as many games as he used to - but this year he's just reached 65, which means he's eligible for a concession season ticket ... obviously it's about half the price, so a significant saving - but he'll only go a couple of times a season and the rest of the time I sell it to mates.

I'm definitely going to get the concession, as apparently you can upgrade to full ticket on a game-by-game basis ... however, just wondering if anyone knows how strict they are on it? I presume a different light goes off as you swipe it on the way in, or something flashes up on their screen ...

But has anyone ever tried getting away with it?

(Don't plan to too often, but obviously there might be the odd occasion where I'll forget to upgrade or do it too late etc) Just wondering how much hassle it's going to be...

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
Using a concession ticket

Does anyone know how strict they are on this? I've bought two season tickets for a few years now, my one, and my old man's one. He doesn't go to as many games as he used to - but this year he's just reached 65, which means he's eligible for a concession season ticket ... obviously it's about half the price, so a significant saving - but he'll only go a couple of times a season and the rest of the time I sell it to mates.

I'm definitely going to get the concession, as apparently you can upgrade to full ticket on a game-by-game basis ... however, just wondering if anyone knows how strict they are on it? I presume a different light goes off as you swipe it on the way in, or something flashes up on their screen ...

But has anyone ever tried getting away with it?

(Don't plan to too often, but obviously there might be the odd occasion where I'll forget to upgrade or do it too late etc) Just wondering how much hassle it's going to be...
I've done it a fair few times. The light flashes amber instead of green but if you go in a couple of minutes before kick off with the rush of people the stewards usually turn a blind eye to it.

Robin

I have a friend that's uses an oap concession season ticket and has never been stopped, however he looks quite young so maybe the lights the same as for a junior

99 red balloons

OK cool, cheers for the answers lads. It's class it's just knocked £400 off my usual June bank account destroyer!

Ole90+3

A bit of advice needed here. I'm looking to purchase a season ticket for next season.
How likely is it that I will be able to obtain a seat in West Tier 2? And what date do they go on sale?

Neo_Mufc

A bit of advice needed here. I'm looking to purchase a season ticket for next season.
How likely is it that I will be able to obtain a seat in West Tier 2? And what date do they go on sale?
Judging on previous years I'd say you have a good change. I'd personally just give them a call and ask or get yourself on their waiting 'list' . They might try and sell you tickets in another section but once the deadline for renewals has passed there might be more options.

Keep an eye out on the utd website all the information will be in the tickets section.

Ole90+3

Judging on previous years I'd say you have a good change. I'd personally just give them a call and ask or get yourself on their waiting 'list' . They might try and sell you tickets in another section but once the deadline for renewals has passed there might be more options.

Keep an eye out on the utd website all the information will be in the tickets section.
Cheers for the info. Will give them a ring today.

Liam147

On Probation
What about getting two together, more specifically in East Tier 1? I'd imagine that with the potential new singing section you'll get a few wanting to move there.

EDIT: Balls. See they've literally just announced that it's put on hold.

So, new query, how easy have people found getting a pair in Tier two of the Stretty. I could imagine one being pretty straightforward, but two together perhaps not.

jdmufc

Roboheart
River cool's where I belong, In my moysey paradise
ok, i've not been to old trafford for years and when i did last go i was a season ticket holder so i have no idea how you'd go about getting hold of tickets these days, i have a couple of pals over here in sweden who are wanting to visit manchester next football season and they would like to know how they can get tickets, any info as to how you apply for tickets would be much appreciated.

Liam147

On Probation
This thread's usually a good place to check. Plus Sultan, he seems to have more spares than United do. If you're not picky about which games/where you're sat you can get to a few probably from this thread alone, if they are bothered about which games and where to sit they'd probably need membership and to apply on manutd.com but even then there's no guarantee for the big games. So is my understanding of it anyway.

jdmufc

Roboheart
River cool's where I belong, In my moysey paradise
This thread's usually a good place to check. Plus Sultan, he seems to have more spares than United do. If you're not picky about which games/where you're sat you can get to a few probably from this thread alone, if they are bothered about which games and where to sit they'd probably need membership and to apply on manutd.com but even then there's no guarantee for the big games. So is my understanding of it anyway.
do you need to pay for membership or can you just sign up and then start applying?

Liam147

On Probation
Membership's something like £30-£35 for adults for a season, you'll need that to apply for games, and you'll only be able to apply for one ticket per membership. So if they both want to apply, they'll both need to be members.

You can get tickets without membership, when they go on general sale, after all the members have had their share, but these mainly come available in Tier two of the east stand and tier three of the SAF stand.

Neo_Mufc

I believe membership prices are £7 extra so try get one of someone here if you can.

forrie_x

Hey all,
It looks like I'll be moving to Leeds to study for 6 months starting September, so I'll be looking to head to a few games.
Last time I was in the UK i bought a membership to get a ticket to 3 home games. However, one of them was bought through the ticket exchange set up through Viagogo. I noticed this doesnt exist anymore (at least through viagogo), is it still run by the club or another third party?

Thanks.

I'm always right

Hey all,
It looks like I'll be moving to Leeds to study for 6 months starting September, so I'll be looking to head to a few games.
Last time I was in the UK i bought a membership to get a ticket to 3 home games. However, one of them was bought through the ticket exchange set up through Viagogo. I noticed this doesnt exist anymore (at least through viagogo), is it still run by the club or another third party?

Thanks.
We no longer have a ticket exchange facility.

Robin

What do you mean membership prices are £7 extra? £7 extra than what?

General Sale/Non-member tickets cost £5 extra.
Hi mate, I think that is correct so tickets for members will be £2 more expensive than a season ticket and £7 more for a non member to get one, obviously trying to sell the season tickets.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
After badgering them with letters, phonecalls and emails since the start of the year, looks like I stand a chance of moving my seat from North Stand :) the dull atmosphere was really getting to me, I go to OT to have the craic and sing just as much to watch us play. they said they'll contact me between 21st-23rd June to see what is available. fingers crossed!